I've booked it as well, probably sort out a PI as well in the next day or 2.

Think Blyton could be my only chance to beat Alec fair and square so have to do it :P

Go for it Mike!

Debs has been busy on the laptop, staying with Maz and the crew on Friday night near Cadwell for TA round then the 86 crew on Saturday at PI. Busy weekend but looking forward to catching up with you all again.

Combination of a 3 line avisynth script and avidemux. I can write up a guide with exact details if you want?

That would be awesome as I pretty much didn't understand a single word of what you posted! :-)

Did someone mention it was wet on Sunday.. I can't understand some peoples tolerance levels. This picture clearly shows it was nothing more than a little damp...

Rain.jpg

Here's two thirds of the Fensport team, and Keith, probably asking Adrian if he can have a go in his car..

Adrian%20Dave%20and%20Keith.jpg

Dan's little rocket ship, another Fensport car!! I think he might have taped up his air intake to take the pi$$ outa me???

Dans%20car.jpg

And a load of '86's lined up to go out behind Stan... yet another Fensport car!!!

Stans%20car.jpg

It was blowing a gale and pouring down for much of the day, so photography wasn't, shall we say, easy. This was the best I could manage with my little digital Fuji...

Adrian.jpg

It was a great day out despite the weather.. thanks to all those who competed and entertained all the onlookers..

Nice one, Skally... didn't get a chance to chat but hope we can have a chinwag at Blyton.

Last year, at a number of circuits,  Adrian was extremely helpful to everyone with guidance on corner lines/technique and other key ingredients during the lunchtime break.

I'm sure he can be cajoled into do the same again.... (Corleone mode) - we'll make him an offer he can't refuse..

Spec K

Had a wicked time in the rain I will admit. The thing is, a wet track like this gives you a great opportunity to play with the handling balance at lower speeds than you would in the dry. Obviously the wet weather is a great leveller as more powerful cars don't have the benefit they usually do. For the pro cars like Adrian and Stan's it is clear that they are only setup to run in the dry and without some decent wet tyres, there was little they could do apart from watch the street legal cars show the way. :)

To be fair to them it's a rare event indeed when it remains wet all day. Normally you'l get at least one dry of slightly damp run in and that is all that matters when it comes to sprinting. 

The main issue on Sunday was that there was simply no consistency with regard to grip levels. Just as it looked like the rain was to abate a huge thunderstorm came in which made the track very green afterwards. But, it was hilarious fun and fairly early on I realised it was pointless looking for grip out there, far better just to try and get the car to go as quickly forwards as I could, even if it meant some sideways action which there was plenty of to be fair! 

16804835958_18b0959f01_c.jpgUntitled by Lauren Blighton, on Flickr

And the other way round Oggies:

16992550905_9af2cb91a3_c.jpgUntitled by Lauren Blighton, on Flickr

Then a faster drift onto the last corrner, Palmer which was pretty tricky all day! 

16804832138_ddea56f7f6_c.jpgUntitled by Lauren Blighton, on Flickr

My quickest (2nd) run:

https://youtu.be/prK9mIAIB7Y

5th run, smoother but oh so slippery!

https://youtu.be/5T7OZNMFKcs

Then my first run where I was all over the place!

https://youtu.be/I-R-kuXlWXA