Yes, to be fair a sprint environment is a safe place to get a taster. Don't worry about smashing the experienced driver's times in your class, just get a feel for it and go at a speed you are comfortable at. You don't have to take any risks after all.

Take a relaxed attitude to it, learn from what others are doing, there's always plenty of tips floating around. If at the end of the day we finish early you can do passenger rides with other competitors which will doubtless teach you a lot. 

I had forgotten just how far Snetterton is, so am now thinking I might go up on Saturday afternoon. What hotel should I book?

I fancy some '86 chat over a burger and beers.

Booked!!

Keep an eye out for the bald guy in the fiat 500.. that'll be me then!!

Burgers and beers at the ready, just to feel rough on Sunday morning..I assume spectating from the paddock is allowed??

It's a lot easier for us local yokels!

Fensport reckon the car will be ready next week, so here's hoping.

Mike - your car is in prep. Saw it last Friday when I picked mine up - Dave is into it big time from tomorrow morning, it's a doddle for him but it's Adrian's mapping time that is at a premium.. I believe.

(He's gonna be a busy lad on Sunday, sorting you, Stan and me out plus looking after Adrian's beastie..)

Spec K

Mike - your car is in prep. Saw it last Friday when I picked mine up - Dave is into it big time from tomorrow morning, it's a doddle for him but it's Adrian's mapping time that is at a premium.. I believe.

(He's gonna be a busy lad on Sunday, sorting you, Stan and me out plus looking after Adrian's beastie..)

Spec K

I thought Arian might be very busy, I got a call yesterday about the exhaust, they were fitting it and had forgotten about the centre pipe I bought from Jay, hopefully they found it.

I think the mapping is as supplied by Cosworth, Adrian was hoping they would provide open files later this year, which gives more scope for his magic.

Good oh!

A word of advice? - Fercrissake take it easy, she will bite your bum if you're programmed into standard GT86 throttle pedal into/out of corners...

Use this 'sprint' as a learner, just take your time to gradually and gently feel for the new car/self limits. If we get free track time after the runs don't be backwards in grabbing a seat in someone else's car and - importantly - get someone experienced to sit in with you..

(I have suggested to the TSS organisers we could limit the event to six timed runs plus tracktime afterwards.... this is, I understand, being considered..)

Spec K

Thanks for the advice Lauren. I am looking forward to seeing everyone having some fun and showing me what these little cars really can do.

I'm praying I'll get a little ride in Adrians car, even if I'm sat on a blanket on the floor!!

This weekends gonna be GREAT!!!!

Nigel - why would you wish to passenger with the has-beens?

(Peplexed from Portsmouth)

I'm the biggest has-been out there Keith. I'm also looking forward to a ride in your car, and buying you a Pint!!

I have experience of the sprinting world, but only ever in FWD Lancias. Something tells me this is gonna be better??