remal

Unexpected things you Disike about the GT86

15 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

This car needs a Rear Wiper Blade :angry:

When I was sitting in traffic today it was chucking it down and couldn't see out of the Back Window :angry:

I've got myself some repel from autobrite  direct. Most of the rain just beads off instantly!! Brilliant stuff! 

Umm, quick! recall all vans and lorries with no rear window.. They're not safe!!!

In tennis style, you can not be serious!

Definitely. Get a lot of rain and people will start drowning due to no rear window.

13 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

I take it safety doesn't matter in this Club :(:angry:

It might be more appropriate to blame Toyota! :P

On the occasions when it rains significantly and you are sitting in traffic going nowhere, rear visibility through the rear screen is not really a safety concern. You could use your side mirrors if you want to look behind you. If you had a rear wipe would you use it to constantly check it's still the same car behind you? 

I've never particularly understood the convention that none-hatchbacks don't get a wiper. Used to annoy me in my Saab and BMW too. As others have said - it's fine once on the move and up to speed, but it's a pain not being able to quickly clear it before you set off.

As to the other gripes about visibility, I really think this car is excellent, especially for a sports model. The huge back window helps. The only gripes I have in that department is simply due to being low, but that goes with the territory.

Anyone who thinks visibility is bad in this should try some of the recent crop of family cars with the mpv style front pillars. The Astra is downright dangerous - you can barely see out of the FRONT on that... Recent Peugeots are also pretty dire.

There are a few non hatchbacks around with rear wipers, but rare. As someone else has said though, a rear wiper here will spoil the looks, so just something to complain about that I don't actually want.

The point nobody has noted is that because the angle of the rear screen is shallow and it's not a hatcback, the rear screen does not get dirty. It's the boot rear panel that gets all the filth. On a hatchback, the more upright the screen the dirtier it gets which is due to the aerodynamics, so you need a rear wipe. On a coupe you do not not need a rear wiper as the rear screen does not get dirty driving in rain. 

Jesus H Christ

If you seriously have to moan about not being able to see our the rear windows for 1% of the time that you actually drive the car then you have far too much time on your hands. Here are some tips...

1. Reverse into your driveway so you can drive out forwards. No need a for rear window

2. Use the rear screen heater. It will clear any moisture within a few minutes. If you don't have a few minutes for whatever reason, leave earlier...

3. There are magical products out there that have hydrophobic properties. This helps shift water

4. Drive the bloody car...water has a tenancy to move when you're at speed...

5. Find something else to do with your time rather than trying to justify the need for a rear wiper by saying it's a safety hazard without one. It's not. Get over it.

The shape of the car means that it's not like hatchbacks with a flat rear end where water and crap from the road will stick to the back window. I have never ever needed a rear wiper on this car and even if I can't see out the back, I use my side mirrors. It's what they're there for. The law states you only need 2 rear facing mirrors for a reason...

Monday morning rant over

I probably need some hydrophobic products on my rear window cos they don't clear that quickly for me, fair enough you may not need to see behind you while you are stationary but the other day I was moving slowly (not fast enough to for the water to run off) and I also had rain on my side mirrors too so either way, couldn't really see behind me, even with the heaters on. Not really moaning about it but it's still not great. There's no need to rant about people wanting rear wipers though, there are those who feel more comfortable when driving if they can get clear vision all round, and if rear wipers can offer them that then great. There will always be a situation where every single one of us would use them if they were there but I agree, that may only be a small percentage of the time.

9 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

What he said ?

I have a parking space,so does that count..... lol

Sent from my Archos 53 Platinum using Tapatalk

do you have reverse sensors? they'll be good enough as I've never had rear visibility so poor I couldn't see out the rear window at all, just blurry due to water but doesn't stop me from reversing

Have to say the stock throttle setup is shite.  It's like the ecu tries to give you 90% torque in the first 20% of movement of the pedal.  It was especially bad on track.  Gives the car a sensation of initial surge then flat then just carries on increasing rpm.  Almost like a spike of boost that immediately dies off.  As soon as I changed the ecu I mapped this out and its now linear and sooooo much better for it.

As for the rest of the car.  The panels are like papier-mâché.  Mine have picked up dents.  The paintwork has blistered along the front near the Toyota badge despite only doing 3000 miles.  The dash buzzes and vibrates.  Engine had a load of casting grit in it from new.  Tyres are crap, brakes too on track.

Other than that, it's great fun.

On Tue Dec 01 2015 14:01:35 GMT+0000, Tim Radley said:

The panels are like papier-mâché.  

Dont even get me started on that... this car dents so easily. Ive got a paintless dent repair guy saved on bloody Whatsapp, im a frequent customer of his.

Hahaha! @smudge has anyone mentioned that you are an angry man?

8 hours ago, Willtl said:

Interesting comment about the throttle, I struggle with pulling away, either 2,000 revs or try to do it sensibly and then risk stalling. Gradually getting there though....

That can be mapped out. It's rubbish as stock. Stalled mine several times

On 03/12/2015, 06:41:05, Tim Radley said:

It's rubbish as stock. Stalled mine several times

Really? never once

never even felt close to stalling - this car is so easy to drive and the pedals are so light!

On 06/10/2015, 22:11:15, Dan7954 said:

How shit the stereo is. Doesnt go loud enough and visially i want it to look stock so im stuck. 

Get an OEMaudio+ upgrade kit.

Keeps stock head, changes door speakers adds amp and a sub - Makes a HUGE difference.

On 06/10/2015, 22:11:15, Dan7954 said: How shit the stereo is. Doesnt go loud enough and visially i want it to look stock so im stuck. 

Get an OEMaudio+ upgrade kit.

Keeps stock head, changes door speakers adds amp and a sub - Makes a HUGE difference.

How much?

ha! Just googled it £1100. Not a chance.

On 02/12/2015 at 10:25 PM, Willtl said:

Interesting comment about the throttle, I struggle with pulling away, either 2,000 revs or try to do it sensibly and then risk stalling. Gradually getting there though....

When you get there can you teach me please.