remal

Unexpected things you Disike about the GT86

Just now, rob275 said:

You guys need to control your damn feet then. if you're seriously getting 15mpg Paul you have issues :P Ultimately depends how many motorway miles you do though really.

So far my car has been used solely for "Oh crap I'm running 10 mins late to work" trips down the A roads. ;)

3 hours ago, rob275 said:

Really? 50L is pretty much standard on most cars, able to get 250-300 miles out of a tank myself.

Yeah dude, but i think it might just be me, use to get around 550 miles out my other car :P

5 hours ago, Twigman said:

Why isn't the boot release button lit?

I wait outside my ex's house for the kids to come out, they have bags with them so go to put them in the boot but I'm sat in the cockpit in the dark unable to find the boot release because it isn't lit. Meanwhile they're waiting by the boot, in the rain...then having not found the button I have to get out and get wet too.

I think you could level this complaint at most of the buttons! Mirrors and door lock also spring to mind. Still, think of the performance gain we receive thanks to the weight saved from unnecessary lighting. :)

1 hour ago, jarnojvv said:

Never seen more than 230 miles on 45 l.

I'm driving this all wrong. Filled up 3 times so far (just crossed the 1,000 miles run in barrier) and had 34.25, 38.34 and 35.33 mpg returned. Going on a longish trip tonight and going to aim for the magical 40!

22 minutes ago, Willtl said:

I think you could level this complaint at most of the buttons! Mirrors and door lock also spring to mind. Still, think of the performance gain we receive thanks to the weight saved from unnecessary lighting. :)

and yet they saw fit to light the headlight level adjust knob, which I have forced myself to remember is just to the right of the boot release button ;) .....surely that's only ever played with at MOT time?

59 minutes ago, Keethos said:

That's not the headlight leveler, it's the interior brightness light, dims or brightens the dash lights etc. The headlight levels itself using a rod and the rear control arm

DOH!!!

i did wonder....it seems to do nothing

They should heat up quickly, i.e. you should start to feel it if you put it on the 'rapid heating setting', by pushing the button down on the forward position. 

It's not a high position, it just heats them up. Then put them to the other position and it maintains it. I find mine excellent and use them all the time. 

Just coming back to this. I used the 86 today for a 140 mile trip. The car was a block of ice when I set off.

The seat heaters take an absolute age to get minimal heat. I've then, I'm convinced it's my body heat that's warmed the leather.

Reckon they're FUBAR?

Cheers,

Simon

17 minutes ago, Squadrone Rosso said:

Just coming back to this. I used the 86 today for a 140 mile trip. The car was a block of ice when I set off.

The seat heaters take an absolute age to get minimal heat. I've then, I'm convinced it's my body heat that's warmed the leather.

Reckon they're FUBAR?

Cheers,

Simon

I can feel mine working within a mile of setting off! Yours might want checking out!

The heated seats aren't on constantly, they turn on and off to keep the temperature at a norm. So you will feel them warm up and they will seem to have turned themselves off because they are up to temp. They should be warm within 30 secs though!

29 minutes ago, rob275 said:

The heated seats aren't on constantly, they turn on and off to keep the temperature at a norm. So you will feel them warm up and they will seem to have turned themselves off because they are up to temp. They should be warm within 30 secs though!

Yep mine are warm in under a minute, and on full setting they are uncomfortably warm.

1 hour ago, Squadrone Rosso said:

Reckon they're FUBAR?

Cheers,

Simon

Are you flicking the switch forwards (quick heat) or backwards (moderately balanced)?

1 hour ago, Squadrone Rosso said:

Yes, forward. Could it be the leather? The car was delayed because of seat pad unavailability so I hope it's not been bodged

They should begin to feel substantially warm within just a few minutes. Would take it to a dealer to look at under warranty.

5 hours ago, Squadrone Rosso said:

Yes, forward. Could it be the leather? The car was delayed because of seat pad unavailability so I hope it's not been bodged

How many people have leather seats? Perhaps it takes longer to heat up. I have the Alcantara seats in my BRZ and these are up to full warmth in just a couple of minutes but like Rob says, they then work to keep the seats to a certain temperature. I assume you've tried the rapid heating setting on the switch?

6 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

Seeing there is no Lumber Adjustment,

This is my biggest complaint against the car, driving it feels a little like torture compared to our other cars. I've ordered a lumbar cushion to try out and I'm also looking into car upholsterers who can open up the driver's seat and add some foam for lumbar support.

They should feel like they are warming within a minute and a half or so. That's on the rapid heat setting, pushing the button down forward. When itgets warm, then flick it back to maintain a more constant heat as otherwise it will cycle on and off on the rapid heat setting. One of RRG's demo cars, the White TRD (Neil's now), didn't seem to get as hot as mine, he has the full leather too.