remal

Unexpected things you Disike about the GT86

Nice Dashlinq Sam :) Think that's next on the list for me

not my pic as it's LHD but same as what I got, great little stereo that can do sat nav as well as show Torque, phone hands free etc

Was gonna ask what one is that.. Looks like its Filled the gap with no inserts?

Could be tempted for that one!

it's the Dashlinq Toyota Universal model that fills the gaps without those crappy fascia plates

how about this for stock looking?

7.jpg

That's not bad at all. Is that a 'Toyota fit' model then, as you don't seem to need the bezel you end up with with a standard double din.

Edit - just read the later post - yes it is - ignore me.... :-)

Hi,

I agree with with the getting stuff in the boot thing, paint, rattles blah blah  - but I can live with all that.

Two things I dislike but I'm constantly trying to work around are :-

1, the high clutch bite - specifically there are a few places on my regular commute, especially exiting roundabouts where there are bumps in the road that coincide with natural gear changes, but if you do hit the bump just as you change gear then your foot flys off the clutch and for a blink of an eye the car feels out of control - yeah, I'm learning the places this happens and am either changing gear earlier or later but when it happens when your  haven't anticipated it - makes the heart beat a little faster.

2, Internal storage - yeah it's not a big car inside and the centre console and glove box are OK but personally I would have prefered the door storage re-designed to take half-a-dozen cd's rather than a bottle.

I'm sure the high clutch can be tweaked though don't ask me how exactly, as for storage space, there's plenty about, you just need to pick your storage space wisely......plus who listen's to CD's anymore?  Just rip them onto a tiny 32GB stick and leave the CD's at home, you can fit a ton of CD's onto a 32GB stick like this:  http://www.memorybits.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=27912

I'm sure the high clutch can be tweaked though don't ask me how exactly, as for storage space, there's plenty about, you just need to pick your storage space wisely......plus who listen's to CD's anymore?  Just rip them onto a tiny 32GB stick and leave the CD's at home, you can fit a ton of CD's onto a 32GB stick like this:  http://www.memorybits.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=27912

Keith is right, you could fit over 160 CD's on to a 32GB Stick if you wanted to.

You folks are just soooo modern,

I haven't fully completed my on-going project to replace my vinyl and cassettes with this new-fangled cd thing yet.....

....so how do you expect me to get my head around putting music onto a usb stick?

Seriously though, I don't download music - just never been my thing, much prefer a cd. (When I say I don't download music - I mean DON'T - I don't, and never have, owned an ipod or mp3 player, and there's no music on my phone.

Strangely enough (or perhaps not) my son, who is 14 this week,would rather have a cd than download and he's spent the last 12 months building up a proper hifi with seperates - the icing on the cake will be a new pair of Wharfedales for his birthday. He does put music on his phone but they're all copies of either his or my cds.

And he desperately wants a turntable.

it's the Dashlinq Toyota Universal model that fills the gaps without those crappy fascia plates

I take it this unit has to be ordered from the states? Was trying to find a stockist in the UK but haven't found one yet.

They should heat up quickly, i.e. you should start to feel it if you put it on the 'rapid heating setting', by pushing the button down on the forward position. 

It's not a high position, it just heats them up. Then put them to the other position and it maintains it. I find mine excellent and use them all the time. 

After a couple of days of BRZ ownership:

Uncomfortable driving position for tall, long legged drivers.

Poor drivers side visibility.

To be continued....

I don't understand people who complain about things like this.

Test drive? That's what they are for.

I'm 6'3" no issues.

Test drives are pretty unrepresentative in a lot of cases. It's rare you get a proper amount of time behind the wheel.

As for seat comfort - I'm a short arse, but found it took me a while to adjust. I actually find it uncomfortable when I sit right back in the seat. Now I actually shuffle my bottom forward a bit so I'm more in the 'bucket'. Seems all wrong as I'm nearly slouching, but now it's really comfy.

I'd rather the seat base tilted though - I miss that from my BMW.

11 hours ago, Tareim said:

I can't say I've ever had an issue with visibility, you just need to adjust the mirrors correctly and you should be fine

You can't rely on the mirrors. When you are overtaking, you always turn your head to check your blind spot but the car does not give very good visibility.

11 hours ago, Foulsmell said:

I don't understand people who complain about things like this.

Test drive? That's what they are for.

I'm 6'3" no issues.

I had two test drives, the first was about 20 minutes around town and the 2nd was about an hour where the dealer just let me take the car out on my own and I took it down the M11. I didn't really have any problems then. It may be that the discomfort I'm getting in my thighs is not related or just something my body will adjust to once I've been in this position a bit more, in which case I'll edit out the complaint.

4 hours ago, Willtl said:

You can't rely on the mirrors. When you are overtaking, you always turn your head to check your blind spot but the car does not give very good visibility.

I've got my door mirrors angled so I don't have any blind spot, I can see both the 2nd & 3rd lane of the motorway from the 1st lane when sat correctly and if I want to double check to make sure there is nothing right next to me I just lean forwards slightly which changes the perspective of the mirror and I can see right next to me