remal

Unexpected things you Disike about the GT86

8 minutes ago, Willtl said:

Having to unlock the door when opening from the inside. Is this the norm? Seems ridiculous that you have to press unlock before opening the door.

That's been programmed in as it's not a standard feature to lock once you're on the move

Ask @Gringosteve if he can help with changing this, he seems to have a bit of luck with programming the car for little tricks recently

If you have the autolock on which locks the door when you depress the clutch, it will only unlock again when you turn the engine off. 

I seem to constantly have to tell passengers to wait for me to turn the engine off! 

22 hours ago, Nigelr32 said:

Ever driven an '86 on Motec Lauren??

I am more than capable of driving a car smoothly, but shouldn't have to "try" on such a modern car.

No, but how many people actually have? 

I'm sure you are, so it seems a bit odd that you are having issues. Never noticed it, but driven quite a few miles. 

If you have the autolock on which locks the door when you depress the clutch, it will only unlock again when you turn the engine off. 

I seem to constantly have to tell passengers to wait for me to turn the engine off! 

I'm not sure about this on my car. I thought I had to press unlock each time but tonight, the door just opened. I'll have to monitor....

37 minutes ago, Lauren said: You don't need a remap to drive the car smoothly. It's just basic finesse. Rear demist sorts out the rear screen. 

Ever driven an '86 on Motec Lauren??

I am more than capable of driving a car smoothly, but shouldn't have to "try" on such a modern car.

Not that I'm the worlds greatest driver but the throttle is a bit weird. Not the easiest car to drive smoothly, and I'm used to driving dodgy old cars.

It's just a foible and no big deal, but it's interesting if can be improved via mapping.

When we say smooth, are we talking joltie sometimes when setting off? As if you suddenly gave it a lil too much gas, jolt forwards which make your foot give a bit more gas again and jolt again?

One little irk I have is the throttle in that its light, theres barely any noise or vibration at low revs so i dont have a great feel for it when  im making a slow pull away and ive stalled more than a couple of times. Other than that though its perfect when driving about.

I had forgot all about the throttle jolt since the sc and mapping. Have to agree that before it was annoying, am I the best driver.. no.. so with that admission im entitled to say it should have more finesse! :D

8 minutes ago, Willtl said: Having to unlock the door when opening from the inside. Is this the norm? Seems ridiculous that you have to press unlock before opening the door.

That's been programmed in as it's not a standard feature to lock once you're on the move

Ask @Gringosteve if he can help with changing this, he seems to have a bit of luck with programming the car for little tricks recently

With the ignition on, but accessory power off (first press of the starter button with your clutch out) press 7 on the alarm control panel hidden in your glove box.

Repeat to turn the feature back on

I programmed mine to lock as I don't drive around with the doors unlocked, so was happy to put this feature on my car. It's only if you want to open the door with the engine running that you need to then unlock it manually. 

This car needs a Rear Wiper Blade :angry:

When I was sitting in traffic today it was chucking it down and couldn't see out of the Back Window :angry:

This has been covered, the rear heater magically clears the rain.

Not while you're stationary it doesn't. Don't know if this counts but not happy that the Americans get the same pull cord in the boot to lower the rear seats from the boot, would have come in handy at times.

Then again it might be trouble some if my victims knew about it

I pretty much never get water on my rear window, it somehow magically stays dry even when it's raining (unless the car is stationary)

My rear window does have a coating of gtechniq g5 on so if it has been raining, setting off will clear any remaining water. If its dew in the morning, then a simple bottle / cup of water thrown over it will clear it.

On 24 November 2015 20:39:35, Lauren said:

They should heat up quickly, i.e. you should start to feel it if you put it on the 'rapid heating setting', by pushing the button down on the forward position. 

It's not a high position, it just heats them up. Then put them to the other position and it maintains it. I find mine excellent and use them all the time. 

Mine heat up rapidly too. Can't fault them. :)