remal

Unexpected things you Disike about the GT86

On Monday, December 14, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Foulsmell said:

Get an OEMaudio+ upgrade kit.

Keeps stock head, changes door speakers adds amp and a sub - Makes a HUGE difference.

How much?

ha! Just googled it £1100. Not a chance.

Yea have to agree.. spending that much on stereo Is a thing of tge Past for me!

Ok, I'm going to complain about:

• Useless speedo dial. Digital display is all I need. Waste of dash that could be filled with oil temp
  • Basic brake feel
  • The bits of the rear screen I can't clean properly
  • bonus item: stupid stupid USB that throws phones into a fit

Ok, I'm going to complain about:

• Useless speedo dial. Digital display is all I need. Waste of dash that could be filled with oil temp
  • Basic brake feel
  • The bits of the rear screen I can't clean properly
  • bonus item: stupid stupid USB that throws phones into a fit

Get your stereo firmware updated, may help.. Made mine much more stable

The only annoyance I occasionally experience is that if you flash someone repeatedly whilst changing lanes on the motorway it can on occasion turn your lights off! 

Is that because you accidentally twisted the light switch or are you saying the lights actually cut out?

2 hours ago, CanaryWundaboy said: I miss having the 3 blinkers I have on my wife's BMW. Keep forgetting.
if you get the tapturn relay you can get that feature back

Shouldn't have to, it is a basic feature on most cars. There are a load of features that should now be considered basic that we are missing.

Did the latest Elise have tap turn.. This are relatively light weight and stripped back sports cars. It's one of the only cars I can think of that doesn't have steering controls either. Less weigh and more money on running gear ;)

Did the latest Elise have tap turn.. This are relatively light weight and stripped back sports cars. It's one of the only cars I can think of that doesn't have steering controls either. Less weigh and more money on running gear

Yet the car has heated seats and automatic lights. Some very strange design decisions.

Aero rear spoiler chucks water over you every time you close the boot lid when it's raining, which is pretty often at the moment. That said, love the car and the aero kit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually find tap turn very irritating. So i'm glad it doesn't have it.

Really? It was 3 years before I realised it was on our Dodge so easy not to use.

2 hours ago, CanaryWundaboy said: I miss having the 3 blinkers I have on my wife's BMW. Keep forgetting.

if you get the tapturn relay you can get that feature back

Please can you tell us more about this. Is there a specific part?

I really miss this feature.

Cheers,

Simon

Why isn't the boot release button lit?

I wait outside my ex's house for the kids to come out, they have bags with them so go to put them in the boot but I'm sat in the cockpit in the dark unable to find the boot release because it isn't lit. Meanwhile they're waiting by the boot, in the rain...then having not found the button I have to get out and get wet too.

2 hours ago, rob275 said:

Really? 50L is pretty much standard on most cars, able to get 250-300 miles out of a tank myself.

Is it 50L??

I've only ever got 40L in there.

My other car takes 60L regularly....that seems a more practical size with fewer visits to the pumps.

17 minutes ago, Twigman said:

Is it 50L??

I've only ever got 40L in there.

My other car takes 60L regularly....that seems a more practical size with fewer visits to the pumps.

You've only ever got 40L in there because you fill it up as soon as the light comes on. The reality is there is 8-10L left in the tank at that point. What is your other car? Generally big estate cars/family cars have 60-70L tanks. The rest have 50L Unless you have something tiny like an Aygo, that's probably 35 or 40L