5 minutes ago, nerdstrike said:

Very nice. One might say tempting, especially since you've gone to such effort documenting it. Permit me a few vulgar practical questions!

1. Any idea what kind of volume it'll make at a trackside static RPM noise test? - That would depend on the whether you still have the second CAT, and also what exhaust system you match it upto. If you have a second decat, along with non resonated exhaust, then they are loud!

2. MOT pass, MOT scrape if hot, MOT likely fail? - Again dependent on the rest of the exhaust system, the manifold has no CAT as a part of it, so if running a full exhaust system with second decat then it would likely fail an emissions test.

3. Would you recommend the noise generator be kept or blocked off? - Personal preference :)

:) 

8 minutes ago, daidaiiro said:

Mine's just breezed through MOT with Mike's UEL manifold and AVO TurboWorld 2.1/2" cat-back so definitely no issues there.

It's fecking loud though - doubt it would pass sound check at most UK circuits as-is. Having an extra box inserted in a couple of weeks.

I presume that means you have the second cat still in place? Or is it the AVO Sports Cat?

14 minutes ago, TTR said:

This is so tempting! trying to choose between this and Coilovers/Wheels/Tyres!

Do this first. Makes the biggest difference to daily driving out of everything.

Wheels/suspension are great as "luxury" upgrades, but this package will transform the way the car drives in every way.

I've had this installed for around 2 weeks now. I opted for the EL setup for the small performance advantage it gives over UEL (I think 2-3 hp)

The car feels fantastic! It pulls harder throughout  the entire rev range, the torque dip has been completely eliminated and the car is simply more enjoyable to drive. You no longer feel like you're forced to change down to 2nd coming off a roundabout or overtaking . 3rd pulls like 2nd used to pull on the stock car once you got over the now non existent torque dip.  Also love the throttle response from the tune, makes heal toeing a breeze.

Coming from a guy who likes a loud exhaust.... Unless you like very LOUD! I would suggest you have a resonated exhaust system with this or any catless manifold. I quickly swapped my Cobra non-res for the resonated mid section. It brought the "scary loud" volume down to a nice deep burble when cruising through towns/villages but still has an aggressive growl WOT.

I plan on upgrading to TD's turbo kit in the not too distant future (which is compatible). But until then, this package will keep me satisfied. 

14 hours ago, Will T8WMM said:

I've had this installed for around 2 weeks now. I opted for the EL setup for the small performance advantage it gives over UEL (I think 2-3 hp)

The car feels fantastic! It pulls harder throughout  the entire rev range, the torque dip has been completely eliminated and the car is simply more enjoyable to drive. You no longer feel like you're forced to change down to 2nd coming off a roundabout or overtaking . 3rd pulls like 2nd used to pull on the stock car once you got over the now non existent torque dip.  Also love the throttle response from the tune, makes heal toeing a breeze.

Coming from a guy who likes a loud exhaust.... Unless you like very LOUD! I would suggest you have a resonated exhaust system with this or any catless manifold. I quickly swapped my Cobra non-res for the resonated mid section. It brought the "scary loud" volume down to a nice deep burble when cruising through towns/villages but still has an aggressive growl WOT.

I plan on upgrading to TD's turbo kit in the not too distant future (which is compatible). But until then, this package will keep me satisfied. 

Thanks a lot for the feedback Will, appreciate it massively :)

Thanks

Mike

I HATED IT well actually  TOYOTA really, that's exactly how the car should come from the factory !! To say the car drives different is an understatement it is a major transformation. Any further 86's coming my way will get the same treatment for sure.

The moment you put a catless manifold and an exhaust system on this car and throw a remap on it it feels like it gains a lot more than just 20-25BHP. The difference is just so stark when it comes to day to day driving. I can't wait to feel what it's like with a turbo.

1 hour ago, Nicebiscuit said: It's getting a bit unbalanced in here. Surely SOMEONE must hate it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do, it's too expensive for my wallet it keeps saying no :lol:

I think if you listen carefully it's saying 'OK providing you save up a bit first'

Joking aside - arguably the best return on investment you can get (with decent midrange suspension bits as a close second)

2 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

I think if you listen carefully it's saying 'OK providing you save up a bit first' emoji41.png

Joking aside - arguably the best return on investment you can get (with decent midrange suspension bits as a close second)

if I had a standard manifold then this would definitely be high on the list of solutions (due to being able to upgrade to turbo later on) but I've already got an aftermarket UEL so the cost to replace that with this wouldn't be worth it right now unfortunately

On 16/09/2016 at 1:31 PM, shiftspark said:

Hi guys what are your thoughts on the manifolds now you've had them on a while ? I need to decide wether to mod or sell mine ?

anyone around the north able to meet up sometime to have a nosey ?

cheers

As advertised; more power and torque so on that front exactly what I wanted.

However, it's just too loud. I'm taking mine to Infinity Exhausts tomorrow to hopefully bring it down to an acceptable level - otherwise I'll be reverting to OEM.

No criticism of Tuning Developments or their workmanship - I've been very happy with the standard of work and communication - I just bought the wrong thing for me.

See update here: CLICK.

45 minutes ago, KevinA said:

How far north, us TSS folk are at Croft on Sunday 

My internet detective skills say he's in Manchester and so about 10mins from me.

@shiftspark if the above is true, can meet up somewhere if you want, can't do this weekend due to TSS but can do next weekend? Only had mine fitted a few days though :P 

Any manifold without a CAT increases the volume of the exhaust considerably. For the turbo guys it isn't so much of an issue (our car being one of those for those that have heard it) as the turbine wheel does a good job of reducing noise.

With that in mind we are working on a modified second decat section currently which will aimed at those who are naturally aspirated with CAT-less manifolds to reduce the volume of the exhaust note :) Also worth noting that anyone considering a CAT-less manifold should probably stick with a resonated exhaust system if you're concerned about noise :)

I've got more graphs here to update soon also of more torque dips being removed :D 

Thanks

Mike

A great looking package its just a such a shame there is no option for a catted version. Bit of lost opportunity there, i would go for it if there was. Would help keep the noise down too.