I'm leaving Gloucester at around 14:00, so hope to be at the bar at around 18:00.

Really looking forward to this now..

Just thinking out loud special k but there isn't another stronger auto box in the Toyota / Lexus / Subaru range that could be 'persuaded' to fit is there?

A good thought, Deacon. The GT86 auto is a "dumbed down" Lexus box.... I shall make enquiries.

Tnx

Spec K

I'm leaving Gloucester at around 14:00, so hope to be at the bar at around 18:00.

Really looking forward to this now..

Nigel - I hope to be there about 7.15pm.

If you're in the chair I'll have a 'Widowmaker' - first invented by myself and a waitress at PI Thetford two years ago...

If they can't remember what it is =

Half pint straight glass. Two lumps ice. Treble Gordons or Bombay Sapphire orTanqueray (they won't serve quadruples, house rule..). Top up to within 2 inches with unsweetened Cranberry juice. Add 1.5 inches tonic water - not diet gunge - preferably Fever Tree...

Why Widowmaker? 'Cos after three you're brain dead.... heh.

Spec K

Nigel - I hope to be there about 7.15pm.

If you're in the chair I'll have a 'Widowmaker' - first invented by myself and a waitress at PI Thetford two years ago...

Dont know about a widowmaker, but I've got a strutbrace for you. Rob says you're collecting on his behalf??

Dont know about a widowmaker, but I've got a strutbrace for you. Rob says you're collecting on his behalf??

yep, he just doesn't know it yet. Keith there are two pints in it for you, unless you want something stronger next we meet :)

A good thought, Deacon. The GT86 auto is a "dumbed down" Lexus box.... I shall make enquiries.

Tnx

Spec K

What about the IS-F box? the GT86 auto is pretty much an Is250 box so maybe fitment is possible although some mountings, tunnel work and propshaft work required but Its strong too!

Can someone lend me a hand tomorrow please? On the way back from Rye house today after my kart enduro, I noticed close to home that I was getting a metallic rattle off throttle from underneath the car.. On throttle it seemed to disappear... I think it might be an exhaust bracket maybe?? But at Snetterton tomorrow if anyone is free to take a listen and help me have a look Id be very thank ful :)

Hmmmm it's almost like if you were to put like a stick in the spokes of a bycicle and then ride it down the road.. Only hear it off throttle and at lower speed, just very annoying.

Are you at Smetterton tomorrow fella?? Would you mind having a look with me?

Yeah, mine was usually at around 5k rpm, like I mentioned, mine was rattling until I just sat there revving my car, making it rattle until ping, it sounded like a stone was in the exhaust and that I had just shot it out, but later I found out that I was missing a bolt from the middle exhaust bracket. I will be there and not a problem mate. I'm sure someone there will have a jack that we could borrow to have a quick look mate.

Thankfully it hasn't got to that point yet... I got home, let the car idle and then gave it a few prolonged rev's to 2-3k and I didn't hear the noise.. It's only on the move and off throttle, so I might have been able to catch it at an early stage.. Before it starts rattling constantly? Hopefully all the bolts will be on there still and it will be just a case of tightening them up!

Awesome I'd really appreciate that bud, I'm sure we can sniff out a jack and a socket set for 5 minutes to give it a look :)

Great to see everyone this weekend  :)

Right, I've signed up for the rest of the season, with the exception of the next meeting at Blyton.

Now I've got to find a new racesuit with a target on the back!

I have to find a new race suit as well Mike - i dont fit into mine anymore :-(

shame you can't make Blyton though

Congrats Mike - no idea how you managed consistent times, especially as you only picked up the car the day (or 2?) before!

Despite the weather, it was great fun and I can feel myself getting better, still having issues with dropping to 2nd and keeping the clutch down far too long...

My lesson of the weekend is when the car auto locks itself, don't try and start it when the key is somewhere in a coat that's stuffed behind the passenger seat :P

Nice to meet you Mike and well done on a great drive, very tricky conditions for everybody. Good to see all the cars going home in one piece, see you at a sprint soon.

What about the IS-F box? the GT86 auto is pretty much an Is250 box so maybe fitment is possible although some mountings, tunnel work and propshaft work required but Its strong too!

Alas, it's not just the box, Graham.... it's re-mapping the autotrans ECU settings. There is zero knowledge out there other than Kris Gagnon in the States and his upgrades... but they're not ECU -changing, just beefed-up internals to the existing.

Spec K

I'm thinking about doing round 2. I've never driven Blyton before though.

Recommended or not??

It's a great track. Plenty of run off apart from one chicane exit, but it's got a good surface and you can really push it there. Recommended!  :)

I'm booked already. :)