Paul

Show season prep

So I figured I'd start a little thread to cover all the work people are hoping to have done prior to show season starting this year. Even if it's just giving the car a thorough wash and detailing after this grotty winter, what are you hoping to get sorted before all the cameras start going off?

I'll be having my front bumper resprayed, rear spoiler removed and bootholes filled in and resprayed, fitting a front lip and side skirts and debadging the rear.

I'll also be fitting new matte black toyota emblems and some smoked Valentis to match.

What is everyone else hoping to get done?

- Exhaust (Car being picked up my Charlie Sunday)

- Remap

- Removing my tow hook

- Fitting new wheels, need monies for rubber

- Get bumper off and attempt to fix it, think I need a new one tbh

- Fit intec 3rd brakelight

- Finish off false floor

- new stripes for the car

Think that's about it, i'll obviously be giving the car the obligatory 4 day detail before Japfest :D 

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Not much planned, might try to get my manifold rewelded before Japfest though...

Manifold rewelded? What's happened to it @Rich?

Plans for me are:-

Maybe some new wheels and tyres

Possibly a bodykit may be going on

Oil cooler

Finally get the canards fitted

@Mike@TD.co.uk is going to map my car to suit the JDL manifold

Sort my way too loud exhaust

Perrin shifter bush

New discs, pads, lines and fluid

Be poor

Exhaust (needs to be quieter :lol:)

Remap 

Brakes

Wheels (want 9.5" fronts)

LCA's

Detail (Rob)

Interior retrim

Mayyybbbeee a lip spoiler. Want the KM4SH one but they don't do it in Carbon :(

44 minutes ago, rob275 said:

- Exhaust (Car being picked up my Charlie Sunday)

Think that's about it, i'll obviously be giving the car the obligatory 4 day detail before Japfest :D 

Going back to CGR?

Also, how much do you charge for a proper detail/machine polish? Trying to get an idea of cost....

Still paying off for other parts so money is limited as I'm really trying to clear things as I would love to be able to ask TD to fit a snail this year.

That being said, I have a few things I should have done by Japfest...

• Detail and coating check/top-up with my Gtechniq guy (already booked for start of April)
  • Wrapping - Gloss black roof and I'll also be getting the little sectioned-off bit below the grille on the Aero bumper done
  • Window tints (rear 3)
  • Interior bits - my Anarchy Motive gear knob has been sent this week and I'm probably going to go for some NRG bits (hub, quick release, deep dish wheel, handbrake handle and seat belt pads)
  • Mapping - Removing a couple of maps I never use, getting a new map added to make my exhaust pop and crackle (can you imagine?!!) and I want to look at moving the map changing functionality to accommodate a possible lack of cruise control.

10 minutes ago, Ztox said:
  • Mapping - Removing a couple of maps I never use, getting a new map added to make my exhaust pop and crackle (can you imagine?!!) and I want to look at moving the map changing functionality to accommodate a possible lack of cruise control.

yours wont pop and crackle it will be like a thunder clap lol

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Going back to CGR?

Also, how much do you charge for a proper detail/machine polish? Trying to get an idea of cost....

It is yeah, still some slight issues with the overpipe. No bother, Smudge had similar issues with JP, must just be a fucker to make. He's kindly picking the car up and dropping it off to me aswell. Considering its a 3 1/2 hour trip each way I can't complain there. They are rectifying it and that's all that matters.

Detail will be anywhere between £140-£300, drop me a PM or message me on FB if you want more info.

2 hours ago, Deacon said:

Manifold rewelded? What's happened to it @Rich?

Plans for me are:-

Maybe some new wheels and tyres

Possibly a bodykit may be going on

Oil cooler

Finally get the canards fitted

@Mike@TD.co.uk is going to map my car to suit the JDL manifold

Sort my way too loud exhaust

Perrin shifter bush

New discs, pads, lines and fluid

Be poor

New wheels Jeff cmon your going to create a wheel shortage

• Brakes
  • Coilovers
  • Valenti Rear Bumper Light
  • Wheel refurb (the paint on JR11's chip super easy)
  • Repair door dings
  • Upgrade speakers
  • Maybe wrap the bit below the front grill black
  • Compulsory detail and sealant top-up
  • Win the lottery and buy a TD turbo kit (any donations are also welcome) :lol:

1 hour ago, Tareim said:

yours wont pop and crackle it will be like a thunder clap lol

@ZtoxI had the pop and crackle map  when I was running NA sounded awesome definitely turns heads I set a jaguar alarm off with it at INTU shopping centre in derby👌👌 now I have a pshhhhh!!! Followed by the occasional thunder bang 😂

I've only got 2 definite jobs at the moment:

• MOT
  • Swap to Summer wheels

Other possibilities:

• Fit oil cooler
  • Get it detailed
  • Remove side stripes

I've convinced myself I need to be good this year and start saving some money.... how long that idea will last I don't know.

My plan in the next few months to stick on all the parts I bought months/years ago that I've not had the time to fix myself.

• Complete exhaust refresh (got parts)
  • Fresh remap
  • Install reversing cam (got parts)
  • Rear sound reduction materials/de-rattle
  • Maybe give it a wash
  • Refurb new alloys (after tyres have been used up, might be next year)
  • Sell spare stock wheels and tyres
  • Consider brake options, needs to be done before track days

1 hour ago, Gary p said:

@ZtoxI had the pop and crackle map  when I was running NA sounded awesome definitely turns heads I set a jaguar alarm off with it at INTU shopping centre in derby👌👌 now I have a pshhhhh!!! Followed by the occasional thunder bang 😂

Where did you get the NA tune from?

Just had my tommykaira wing painted and fitted this week, fitted my revos yesterday, hopefully fitting new bumper light this weekend, and matte blacking my emblems when they arrive :-D

would be nice to get my centre caps and seat sorted under the warranty as they look terrible for their age...

other than that, wax, wash, polish... maybe a claying early spring.

1 hour ago, Gary p said: @ZtoxI had the pop and crackle map  when I was running NA sounded awesome definitely turns heads I set a jaguar alarm off with it at INTU shopping centre in derby now I have a pshhhhh!!! Followed by the occasional thunder bang

Where did you get the NA tune from?

Got the tune from FENSPORT Adrian smith really knows his stuff and really helpful too when it comes to advice. In fact all the lads at FENSPORT are spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk