Didn't even know this thread existed... then again I've been rather absent from both forums for ages....

Read through like each page, figured I'd say a couple of things, to those who refer to NMS as 'No mans sky' I need to correct you it is called NML, 'No mans lie'.I'm one of the 10's of 1000's who negatively slammed that game on steam.

Quite a few nice pc setups on here.

I am a firm adamant PC Master Race member myself. Recently downsized from a Full Gaming Tower, Antec 1200, down to a mITX build.. cost a fair amount but, you've never seen anything cuter than an mITX motherboard... its so small...  Fiddly as buggery to install though. 

Currently though will be upgrading soon; running

MSI Gaming Z170 Gaming ACK mobo,
Intel i7 4790K Oc'd to around 3.6Ghz and water cooled.
16gb Corsair Dominator RAM running at 2400Mhz
MSI Gaming X Nvidia 8gb 1070 GTX
Corsair 380T White mITX Tower
White external slim Blueray writer/reader
1x 512gb SSD
1x 756gb Hybrid SSD
1x 2tb 10k HDD
1x 4tb HDD
1x 2tb External Drive
BenQ 120hz 3D LED 27" Monitor
Razer Naga Mouse
Razer Deathstalker Chroma Keyboard

The attached image below is what it looks like when you try and fit a massive 1070 GPU inside such a small case, and whilst I was doing its routine clean...I clean this thing more than I do my CAR!!!!

Next game on my wishlist though is Battlefield 1 ^^ but still so many games installed and to complete still...

20160920_065239.jpg

I would love to try build a mITX system myself,it has crossed my mind a few times for the other half,just because she wants to play a few PC exclusive games like Witcher 1 and 2. That looks amazing though JRot :),sadly i won't be getting Battlefield 1 but i am currently playing Mafia 3 on PS4 which is actually fun even with all grinding stuff,finding collectables in game is much much easier than 2 if you're aiming for platinum/100% completion.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 is on my list of pre-orders now after playing the beta.

Thanks Kurosagi01 :) Its definitely a fun building process... fortunately the case is totally disassemblable down to the bare chassis, so easy to access everything, its definitely something new from normal Full ATX... 
I mainly built one as I was constantly moving around so heaving that antec 1200 around with watercooling... the damned thing was heavy... now the Corsair 380T fits comfortably in the passenger footwell on the GT86 haha. 
Yeah I've like got about 30 games installed at the moment, yet to touch Witcher 3... but i know it runs at over 80fps on ultra so that's all good. I somehow managed to get suckered back into playing WoW legion... last time that happened i was paid to come back... now i did it freely...something is amiss there :/, need to make decisions on which mmo's to unsub from now... have wow Legion, Swtor subbed up... and Riders of Icarus installed... mmo's coming out my ears!

As for Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition, though it is a good game the combat system in there confused the living hell out of me... would be like every fight I'd get confused between stances, so everything took longer and was harder xD may of just been me on that one. Witcher 2 awesome game, shame was too short, Witcher 3.... all I know is it may have scored really well from reviews... but marked down for being too massive... haha that will be interesting.

I'm pondering a PS4 only as there are some exclusives coming out soon that have my interested.

Im still rocking the Fractal Design case and that is a heavy lump itself aswell with the sound dampeners lol, but i've always wanted the Define cases after seeing the R1 the first time,simple design but huge amount of space to install near enough anything and classy. The other half would be better suited for mITX build just because her desk doesn't have huge space and in future it can easily be used as our entertainment PC when we move out to stream videos.

I've been playing Witcher 2 on sideline when i'm tired of playing on Ps4 which comparing to 1 is a huge step in improvements,the 1st game gameplay makes me laugh with the whole animation they used for the sword play.

The only MMO games i have touched in my life was Guild Wars 1 and 2,1st game being my all-time favourite,some free ones like Drift City which i think everyone here would have loved it ,MU online private servers and my last recent MMO was Final Fantasy 14 which i couldn't get into because of the boring quest and main story quest wasn't interesting at all.

Ps4 as all-round in my opinion is best for exclusive releases and hidden gem games thats only exclusive to japan or japanese type titles from publishers like Bandai Namco for example.

Found an interesting topic today which goes in some depth as to why No Man's Sky was such a design flop. You can read it for yourself here, but I will summarise some of the main points:

• The "procedural generation" system works almost exactly as I previously assumed. The game files contain thousands of parts. When a creature is needed, the game chooses a main part, the head, then gives every other part in the files an equal mathematical chance to be chosen, hence the random selection of creatures
  • The creatures found in the trailers exist in the game files, however, because of this "equal chance" mechanic, getting a creature that looks as polished and crisp as something we saw in the trailers is next to impossible.
  • The developers COULD have manipulated this system, so that when a main part is chosen (a T-Rex head for example), all other dinosaur parts are given a much higher chance of selection than any other part. This would result in an equally diverse world of creatures, but with far more realism and sense.
  • The colour selection system for planets and creatures (and just about every other texture in the game) is based off a base texture file, which gives the texture its pattern and design, then a randomly chosen pallette of between 4 and 8 colours. These colours can be pastelles, earthy, bright and vibrant, dull and so on.

This is how the developers could get away with their statements of "infinite combinations", because there are almost an infinite number of colours. Couple that to a few thousand 3D models, which are randomly selected through the game's code, and suddenly you have NMS. They even used the same system for the ships in the game. Each ship isn't designed from the ground up, but a random selection of parts from the models inventory.

Pretty lazy on their part if you ask me. A bit more time spent giving more weight to better suited models and textures would have resulted in far more believable creatures, and far more normal planets, as opposed to the mess of animals, planets and plantlife we got in the final game.

Be interesting to see their response when the development team finally come out of hiding. I have no doubt that the reason behind their silence is more down to lawyer's advice than anything else, what with their ongoing false advertisement lawsuit, but surely they have to break the silence at some point.

The moment they break silence,there is going to be a huge sh*t storm on its way,Sony may  get dragged into it and all developers in Hello Games will possibly lose their job and even their reputation as developers and worst case scenario, other game developer team may not want them.

I can't believe everyone is so bent out of shape over NMS. It's certainly not the first game to promise much and deliver little, it's certainly not the buggiest launch ever (looking at you Ultima IX, Black & White), it's not even a wildly hyped Molyneux product! Elites 1 through Dangerous have all been procedural-based, so was Lander back in the day. Procedurally generated games are always thin unless there's a really great game built on top - I really like what they've done with Elite Dangerous to combine the randomly generated with sculpted content. 

Hell, Star Citizen is still taking money from people despite not yet delivering a coherent game (just a pretty series of sandboxes to date). You could have a really good shot at curing Huntingtons disease for the money people have thrown at Chris Roberts to make a video game. That's something to get angry about.

1 hour ago, kurosagi01 said:

The moment they break silence,there is going to be a huge sh*t storm on its way,Sony may  get dragged into it and all developers in Hello Games will possibly lose their job and even their reputation as developers and worst case scenario, other game developer team may not want them.

I doubt it would be that bad for the people who worked there; easy to blame it on mismanagement or publisher pressures.

29 minutes ago, Rich said:

I doubt it would be that bad for the people who worked there; easy to blame it on mismanagement or publisher pressures.

As Rich said, the game doesn't reflect poorly on the design or coding team, it reflects poorly on the marketing team and the face of Hello Games, Sean Murray. He was fully aware of what the game was going to be, and made a concious decision to market the game in such a way that completely overshadowed the finished product.

1 hour ago, nerdstrike said:

I can't believe everyone is so bent out of shape over NMS. It's certainly not the first game to promise much and deliver little, it's certainly not the buggiest launch ever (looking at you Ultima IX, Black & White), it's not even a wildly hyped Molyneux product! Elites 1 through Dangerous have all been procedural-based, so was Lander back in the day. Procedurally generated games are always thin unless there's a really great game built on top - I really like what they've done with Elite Dangerous to combine the randomly generated with sculpted content. 

Hell, Star Citizen is still taking money from people despite not yet delivering a coherent game (just a pretty series of sandboxes to date). You could have a really good shot at curing Huntingtons disease for the money people have thrown at Chris Roberts to make a video game. That's something to get angry about.

I think the biggest difference here is the magnitude of their cock up. The Elite series, as an example, were never A list titles. It appealed to a niche market of hardcore fans. NMS tried to bridge the gap between Elite fans, space fans, and every other gamer. Unfortunately, they chose to do this in possibly the worst way possible, by marketing a different game to that which they produced.

Absolutely none of the promotional material used pre-release, whether that be gameplay demos, trailers, videos or whatever, was made using the actual game that got released. Every bit of material was made using a man made world with scripted events, not the procedural generation mechanic the game shipped with. The human made worlds they showed in trailers and demos were full of amazing life, huge creatures, great scenery and so on, and the way they marketed the game suggested that all 50 quintillion planets (or whatever the number was) would be as good as the one they showed in the demo. Fact is, that was impossible, because the demo world wasn't procedurally generated.

What the game shipped with was countless bland planets, all of which were basically identical except for the colour, landscape and temperature (which played almost no part anyway), filled with Frankensteined creatures pulled from a parts bin.

That's where they messed up.

As for Star Citizen, anyone who's naive enough to think that the game can be even half as good as they make it look in trailers deserves to lose their money. I mean, you can buy a game package that costs almost $20,000. That tells you all you need to know. They're just after your money.

Still feel sorry for the developers for probably getting the sticks aswell,their last tweet on twitter was September 23rd so they have been active prior to that but now they have gone quiet.

Isn't there few other games that's been on constant beta similar to Star Citizen aswell but also has in-game paid contents? 

5 minutes ago, TTR said:

In other news unrelated to NMS. RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED :D

Just a shame it looks like a September 2017 release ;( 

Interesting to see when the development cycle started,perhaps after 2013 when GTAV was initially released on PS3 and 360 and rockstar gave SD the green light? Or perhaps after 2014 when they re-released GTAV on PS4 and Xbone. If they only started last year or this year,i can see it getting push back even more if they want the game to be big and success.

Well, during my industry interviews last year, I got a strong hint from a very reliable source that RDR was getting a sequel. This was in September 2015 at Eurogamer, so it's certainly been in production for at least a year, and from what I gathered talking to the person who told me that, it had been in the works for a few years already by that point. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they've been working on it since even before th GTA V release. You gotta remember, GTA and RDR come from different studios. GTA is primarily developed in the studio in Scotland, Rockstar North, whereas RDR is mostly developed in San Diego. Of course, they all work together, but each studio has its own unique responsibilities.

Either way, I'm super excited. Rockstar rarely let us down. They're also very tuned in to what the community says, and they're fully aware of how much RDR means to our generation. They won't cock it up.

Yeah Red Dead would have been in production for a very long time now, especially if they plan on releasing next fall, a game of this magnitude wouldn't have only a year or two development and as Ross said, they're different studios so GTA wouldn't have had much influence on when Red Dead would have started production (granted that projects work load can be shared to other studios sometimes but it wouldn't normally take up all the resources of that studio).

But I'm excited, some people seem to think that this is going to be a prequel and that the characters on the poster are characters from the previous Red Dead including John Marston so should be interesting story nevertheless.  My only gripe with the previous game, which can't really be helped I suppose, was all the horse riding when needing to travel long distances, don't get me wrong, the gun fights and hunting on horse back was awesome, but when you needed to travel across the map a fair distance, I either found myself nodding off or fast travelling, whereas I never fast travelled in the GTA games.

Also, they recently trademarked RedDead.Online and encouragingly Bully.Online so hopefully they do bring out another Bully game as I did enjoy that too. 

I understand they are from 2 different studios but what i mean is its up to the main HQ to decide on giving them the green light and even more support i suppose for marketing and more budget on development and testing?

Maybe they will put in railway trains for fast travelling to places or a special horse/taxi that will take you somewhere instantly.

They'll need the greenlight from Take2, their parent company, but as they're a huge multinational publisher, that shouldn't be a speedbump. They release games on a regular basis. As for marketing and budget, those details would have been worked out years ago, and I'm sure for a series as huge as RDR, the studio could basically ask for whatever they want.

As for the game itself, I'd actually prefer it if they took out fast travel altogether. I quite like the idea of a train, but I never liked fast travel in games. Fast travel makes open world game far too linear for my liking. The magic of an open world game is that you get a mission, then on your way to that mission you get distracted for 10 hours doing side quests. Missing out on all that is like a slap in the face to the devs who put so much time into random events and detailed sceneries just for you to skip over them.

44 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

They'll need the greenlight from Take2, their parent company, but as they're a huge multinational publisher, that shouldn't be a speedbump. They release games on a regular basis. As for marketing and budget, those details would have been worked out years ago, and I'm sure for a series as huge as RDR, the studio could basically ask for whatever they want.

As for the game itself, I'd actually prefer it if they took out fast travel altogether. I quite like the idea of a train, but I never liked fast travel in games. Fast travel makes open world game far too linear for my liking. The magic of an open world game is that you get a mission, then on your way to that mission you get distracted for 10 hours doing side quests. Missing out on all that is like a slap in the face to the devs who put so much time into random events and detailed sceneries just for you to skip over them.

Fair enough and personally for me with fast travel it depends on scale of the game,a good example would be Dragons Dogma on Ps3 and 360 at the time of release. That game had a "fast travel" which can only be accessed through an item and the size of the game is doubled Elder scrolls, and you have stamina bar in place which controls how much you can sprint,weight affects you aswell and stamina is also required for swinging your weapon. Now at that point you would wish you have fast travel lol.

1 hour ago, TTR said:

Any of you guys picked up DOOM? Just finished it, what an awesomely ridiculous game :lol:

Yea I did. Although I'm still playing guild wars 2 and have been for the last few years. Hopefully play some more doom over the next few days (annual leave from work; wahooooooooooooo). 

4 hours ago, TTR said:

Any of you guys picked up DOOM? Just finished it, what an awesomely ridiculous game :lol:

I got a free copy with my graphic's card, however I can't be arsed to download 60gb's worth of game. :lol: