Definitely getting it on PC on Friday. Played a pre-release of it a few months ago, thought it was a great concept but was missing a load of key aspects.

Read through the release patch notes, and they literally addressed every issue I had (variety of planet environments, variety of wildlife, ship/suit upgrades, base building, weather effects), so as long as they've implemented those changes well, then the game should be great. 

It's the kind of game that will either be heavily supported by the publisher, or heavily supported through mods, so either way I think it'll get better with time.

So no man sky was a bit of a disaster according to a lot of gamers and even reviewers.

Forza Horizon 3 is out,Fifa 17 and PES2017 is out.

Upcoming big games in October:

-Mafia 3 7th

-Rise of tomb raider 20th anniversary edition 11th

-Gears of war 4 11th

-Battlefield 1 21st

-Dragonball Xenoverse 2(Dragonball fan here) 25th

-World of final fantasy 25th

-Titanfall 2 28th

-Skyrim Upscale edition 28th

So is anyone picking up any of these games in October? I'll be picking up Mafia 3 for definite now as i have now crossed Battlefield 1 off my list since i have no friends or family interested in it,Dragonball is a possibility for me aswell.

Gears of war 4 i'll be picking up in future.

In other news my mum scratched my monitor with a vacuum hose last month,not happy at all about it.

No man sky looked boring to me everytime they previewed it at E3 or even new trailers,they say the game has unlimited stars and planets to explore but people are forgetting our human brain cannot go that far into thinking of how "unlimited" is the universe is truly is and our creativity has its limits. And this game just proves it with the fact a lot of planets are near enough identical with just a different colour palette being mixed up with a human coded algorithm.

Nah, the problem with NMS has nothing to do with the human brain, it has everything to do with the fact that the developers flat out lied.

They promised multiplayer for a start, which was never even part of the game. They promised enormous planets, all vastly different with huge creatures and buildings/caves to explore.

What they delivered was a game which was built around a random number generator. The creature system was supposed to be a way to find unique, beautiful creatures. What we got was a few lists of parts randomly chosen to create a new creature. They chose from: head; body; arms; legs; size; colour; sound; movement. All that means is, you get weirdly shapen dinosaurs with the head of a dog and the body of a fish. They're not unique creatures, they're just a mess.

Also, rather than one vast, expansive galaxy, you had a million instanced solar systems, all containing almost exactly the same makeup of 4 or 5 planets, all 90% identical to the last planet you were on, with just a different colour, a different number in the bottom corner for temperature and some different plants and creatures.

It goes to show how much they lied as they're apparently staring down the barrel of a huge false advertising lawsuit in the near future.

23 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

Nah, the problem with NMS has nothing to do with the human brain, it has everything to do with the fact that the developers flat out lied.

They promised multiplayer for a start, which was never even part of the game. They promised enormous planets, all vastly different with huge creatures and buildings/caves to explore.

What they delivered was a game which was built around a random number generator. The creature system was supposed to be a way to find unique, beautiful creatures. What we got was a few lists of parts randomly chosen to create a new creature. They chose from: head; body; arms; legs; size; colour; sound; movement. All that means is, you get weirdly shapen dinosaurs with the head of a dog and the body of a fish. They're not unique creatures, they're just a mess.

Also, rather than one vast, expansive galaxy, you had a million instanced solar systems, all containing almost exactly the same makeup of 4 or 5 planets, all 90% identical to the last planet you were on, with just a different colour, a different number in the bottom corner for temperature and some different plants and creatures.

It goes to show how much they lied as they're apparently staring down the barrel of a huge false advertising lawsuit in the near future.

Well the number generator again is set up by our own brain power which is what i mean by our own limitations in designing and developing a system that could very well generate the same thing with a tiny difference or something out of ordinary.  Credits to the small developers that actually attempted a big game but i would blame Sony for promoting it very hard and  Sean Murray for false advertisement which is now cause them to be investigated for false advertising. This could very well mean the end of the development team and existing programmers losing jobs which is sad.

Our brains can tell the difference between a blue dinosaur and a green dinosaur, or a fish and a dog, that's not the problem. The problem is they advertised something enormously different.

If you imagine you have 5 sets of Lego (let's say LOTR, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Frozen and Pokemon for sake of argument). In those sets, you have 10 characters each, that means 50 well designed characters in total. What No Man's Sky did, is say they have 50 heads, 50 bodys, 50 sets of arms and 50 sets of legs, so rather than 50 characters, the developers would say they had 312,500,000 combinations, so therefore that's 312,500,000 creatures. Yes, that is true, but putting Harry Potter's head on an Orc's body with Machamp's arms, a light saber and Elsa's legs doesn't make for a particularly quality product. it just looks like a randomly selected mess that makes no sense, which is exactly what NMS was.

What I'm trying to say is, rather than concentrating on quality, and making a few thousand well rendered, well designed creatures, they promised millions. Problem is, the trailers and advertisements showed well designed, enormous creatures, not RNG creatures pieced together into a mess. Using the method mentioned above, the quality was always going to suffer. Unfortunately, they were more interested in shocking people with enormous numbers (like the "trillions of planets" or "unlimited combinations") than actually making a quality product, and the fact that they designed scripted levels outside of the normal game for each of their tech demos and trailers, rather than showing the actual game, goes to show they were trying to hide it.

BF1 didn't really draw me in when I played it. I might buy it if my usual crew gets it though.
Despite the map having 5-6 flags to hold to win, it just felt like one big team deathmatch. Nobody was bothering to go back and re-capture flags in order to win, focusing more on kills etc.

Mafia 2 was a lot of fun and have just pre-ordered 3 for PC today. (£28 from Amazon).

Dishonored 2 and Titanfall 2 are also on my list.

Hopefully that'll be enough for the year else I might have to succumb to buying COD just to play the COD4 Remaster if it's any good.

Yeah the map wasn't that interesting at all really, the others looked good from what I saw in the videos, didn't know they're making changes to Conquest, will see how people rate it on release - definitely not one I'm risking with a pre-order just yet.

Really looking forward to titan fall 2. I loved the first one and although I only played it for about 6 months it always felt involving and fast paced. I'm bored of COD now. I might buy it for modern warfare remaster but that would be the only reason. I loved cod 4 but then I feel it started to just get silly.

Also can't wait for skyrim.  

Just been hitting destiny rise of iron quite hard. Done all the missions and most of the side quests and although it is fully rinse and repeat I feel thereally was a lot more story than what we've had in the past! Just got to do the raid!!!

Got blame Sony still for promoting No man sky like no tomorrow really,investing so heavily on a small development team, No man sky was HelloGames 2nd official game they have developed and it just turned into a huge disaster with false advertisement like you said.

Personally i think EA should have waited until next year to release Titanfall 2,putting it so close to Battlefield 1 will make it a tight competition between the 2 games and then COD release in november. 

Destiny is a grind that is just what the game is good at lol and the fact somebody finished the new raid in 2 hours with 3 people is just a joke,enemies and some maps just reskinned with a arctic paint job is again a bit of a joke from what i've seen from one gameplay footage. I'm 1 trophy away from platting Destiny and once i've done that the game will forever be sitting in my draws collecting dust. 

I found the battlefield 1 beta quite fun,the problem i had with the PS4 version was the lack of servers and trying to join a game with a party is a bit tough,server issues isn't a problem on PC obviously lol i managed to connect to server in minutes. Compared to PS4 i had to manually find a server with space.

3 hours ago, kurosagi01 said:

Got blame Sony still for promoting No man sky like no tomorrow really,investing so heavily on a small development team, No man sky was HelloGames 2nd official game they have developed and it just turned into a huge disaster with false advertisement like you said.

Personally i think EA should have waited until next year to release Titanfall 2,putting it so close to Battlefield 1 will make it a tight competition between the 2 games and then COD release in november. 

Destiny is a grind that is just what the game is good at lol and the fact somebody finished the new raid in 2 hours with 3 people is just a joke,enemies and some maps just reskinned with a arctic paint job is again a bit of a joke from what i've seen from one gameplay footage. I'm 1 trophy away from platting Destiny and once i've done that the game will forever be sitting in my draws collecting dust. 

I found the battlefield 1 beta quite fun,the problem i had with the PS4 version was the lack of servers and trying to join a game with a party is a bit tough,server issues isn't a problem on PC obviously lol i managed to connect to server in minutes. Compared to PS4 i had to manually find a server with space.

You're kinda right with regards to the new Destiny content but to me, there's more to it than that, with a game that I've invested a lot of time with both solo and with a group of friends, I find that there's plenty in it.  They've added and tweaked a lot of things and still added a fair few things yet to be discovered.....even if it is a bit of a grind.

1 hour ago, Keethos said:

You're kinda right with regards to the new Destiny content but to me, there's more to it than that, with a game that I've invested a lot of time with both solo and with a group of friends, I find that there's plenty in it.  They've added and tweaked a lot of things and still added a fair few things yet to be discovered.....even if it is a bit of a grind.

Destiny is definitely one of the best FPS games i've played and invested in a long time*since Bad company 2*,finished all the raids upon their release and to me the best is still Vault of Glass. Crota raid was fun but man did it has a lot of cheese methods to finish until you reach crota itself. Oh and prison of elders final challenge against skolas made me throw my controller across my bed of rage,only got lucky in beating him when they put double damage with solar weapons and the party just nuked him with GHorn. Kings fall is just frustrating but still challenging and fun and wish they add a higher lvl rating for old raids for people with near maxed light level. The game is definitely best played with friends to join you in the grind lol and the small tweaks is nice and i have no problems with grinding for gear as that was fun at times. Crucible is still my favourite mode,but with 98% trophy completion on main game i just cba to invest in anymore time and waiting for Destiny 2 now.

And Yep WoW is still going strong with like 4 expansions now or something.

10 minutes ago, Tareim said:

WoW is still going? thought everyone had given up with that

Bit of a resurgence with the new expansion. General feel is that it's gone in a better direction than the last couple.

I've got FIFA 17 (if anyone wants a game, hit me up), buy it every year pretty much solely for pro clubs and I recently bought Mother Russia Bleeds for a bit retro beat 'em up fun. Despite what they've tried, Battlefield 1 still feels like another copy and paste job but as long as the rest of the maps aren't half as shite as the 'beta' one it can be great fun. That will probably be the only other game I pick up, there isn't much point me buying anything else as I just play Rocket League most of the time.