Nicebiscuit

The Wheels Thread

What offset did you go for Nicebiscuit? These are on my shortlist (in Hi power silver)

Think they're ET40, but binned the box so can't check...

Seems about right - half an inch more poke than stock due to width an another 8mm from the offset. They fill the front arches and nearly fill the back.

They look great in silver. Would have been happy with that too - these just popped up for sale conveniently...

I've been offered some oz prodrive wheels which are 17" X 7" and +52mm.  Any thoughts? Ideally I want something wider and lighter than standard. Can't seem to find weights on these.  

8 hours ago, charged said:

I've been offered some oz prodrive wheels which are 17" X 7" and +52mm.  Any thoughts? Ideally I want something wider and lighter than standard. Can't seem to find weights on these.  

that's the same diameter and width as the standard wheels, the only thing you are doing with those wheels are pushing them further into the arch hiding them away

2 hours ago, don said:

Has anyone fitted some 17x9's? Really do seem to like the concave that the Work CR Kiwami & Rota Torques have.

This may sound silly, but that 225/45 tyre finishes it off nicely.

Picture for reference.

Image1463692314.129476.jpg

Yep there's a few that have 17x9 fitment

1 hour ago, rob275 said:

On 235's at the moment, think they could do with being a 40 profile though personally!

For daily usage I'm finding them fine. I like the fact they raise the car 9mm and so I've been able to raise the suspension height a little but still keep the arch gap down. Not sure how they'd be on track though. Going to try 255/40 next I think.

13 hours ago, don said:

Has anyone fitted some 17x9's? Really do seem to like the concave that the Work CR Kiwami & Rota Torques have.

This may sound silly, but that 225/45 tyre finishes it off nicely.

Picture for reference.

Image1463692314.129476.jpg

What Bridgestone tyre is that ?

10 hours ago, Deacon said:

For daily usage I'm finding them fine. I like the fact they raise the car 9mm and so I've been able to raise the suspension height a little but still keep the arch gap down. Not sure how they'd be on track though. Going to try 255/40 next I think.

I expect there will be too much sidewall flex, so it will lose sharpness in respect of direction changes. 

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

I expect there will be too much sidewall flex, so it will lose sharpness in respect of direction changes. 

I have the seperate track wheels and tyres so they're only for road use and work very well for that.

So really nice wheels in here, just wondering does anyone with TPMS run sensors in their aftermarket wheels?

No. Stupid expensive. Cheaper to stick a bit of tape over the irritating warning light...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

No. Stupid expensive. Cheaper to stick a bit of tape over the irritating warning light...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that wont work come MOT time though...

Just now, nikndel said:

Doesn't that depend on how old the car is?

nope, any dash lights that stay illuminated (that shouldn't such as the TPMS) will fail the mot