Actually Keith, Ian had issues with his also. Are you implying now that Fensport are not professionals? ;)

I can assure you it's not going to fly off, it's also not made of fibreglass. It's also bolted on as well as stuck. It's only stuck along the top edge to ensure it sits flush.

Just to keep Keith up to date my car will back at fensport on the 27th to have the near side skirt re done as it wasn't really put back on properly last time.

Only reason it came off the first time was a painting issue.

My body kit will be bolted on with Roundhead socket screws. This will ensure that even if the kit doesn't detach itself from the body I can cause cuts and bruises with a simple glance of any of the four corners.

Floating nuts are here, Project Kics iconix nut & locking nuts

These won't be going on until I've had the work re-done on my car, 3 weeks of remoulding and painting to be done. Unfortunately can't be done until after JAE :(

post-2-0-66616200-1439823979_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-39222400-1439823980_thumb.jpg

Car has a date for its paintjob :) 28th September. I'll be without a car for 3 weeks. Oh joy! 

The entire Five-Axis kit is being cut to pieces! Should look even better once done ;)

Edited by rob275

3 weeks for paint? seems a bit much, when my car required some paint it was only gone for 2 days, granted mine is a basic colour but does the pearl really add that much extra time for painting?

3 weeks for paint? seems a bit much, when my car required some paint it was only gone for 2 days, granted mine is a basic colour but does the pearl really add that much extra time for painting?

2.5 weeks of that is a lot of fibreglass work. The painting is the easy part. I've given them a little project to get on with.

Rob, bit off topic mate but whats the offset of your Titans and what tyres are you using? Also am I right in saying you are dropped 25mm? I'm looking at some 17x9 weds and trying to gauge what they would look like.

Cheers

Matt

Rob, bit off topic mate but whats the offset of your Titans and what tyres are you using? Also am I right in saying you are dropped 25mm? I'm looking at some 17x9 weds and trying to gauge what they would look like.

Cheers

Matt

Titan spec is 17x9" ET42 I'm dropped approx 30mm, though I think it's more like 25mm. I asked for 30mm but i'm not convinced :P 

Is it just the O/S skirt they're cutting up Rob?

No, actually I haven't decided 100% what i'm doing with the skirts. My plan was to have them just bonded back on as is (but properly) and blended. But I may also have these chopped up and fibreglassed in. The downside to this is if I do prang it on a trackday or whatever, it's going to be an absolute mess :/

The main bit that requires a lot of cutting is the front splitter around the fogs, as it's the only way we can realistically get a smooth transition from splitter to bumper to create a one piece.