Like the plans, but as you say if you have an off on track it'll be a bitch to repair!

It's why i've been advised to just bond the sideskirts on. The front & rear bumpers aren't really an issue. But if I have an off and do one of the front wings in, it's going to rip the skirt & paint off accross the whole car.

It's why i've been advised to just bond the sideskirts on. The front & rear bumpers aren't really an issue. But if I have an off and do one of the front wings in, it's going to rip the skirt & paint off accross the whole car.

I think the answer is simple... don't have an off :P

Little update from RT, it's slowly coming together. The kit has been cut now. If you look at previous pictured of it on my car before you can see the differences. With regards to how it's being bonded on Nigel It is, as far as i'm aware being plastic welded behind to get the rough shape then pinned on. You can see the rivets in the images. 

unnamed_(1).thumb.jpg.9cd902d64489608134

unnamed_(2).thumb.jpg.c8dd21a4b403ed64a9

unnamed.thumb.jpg.71b15b33c79bd305bb0465

Looking GREAT Rob. I'm loving these project pics you're posting.. please post more!!

Blended RB Arches next??

Looking GREAT Rob. I'm loving these project pics you're posting.. please post more!!

Blended RB Arches next??

I won't be going for any wide arches, at least not for the foreseeable future, but for sure if I did i'd definitely be blending them in. I've said all along the RB would look nicer blended in. :)

The other images I have are the same thing but different angles really. But I'll post up some pictures of it all complete next week when I get the car back. I'm like a kid at christmas right now it's starting to look great. I somewhat wish I had both the time and space to of done it all myself. But I was fiarly useless at art, so painting probably would have been much the same. So i'm happy for someone to do it for me really.

Are they spraying the whole car Rob?

And have you had the rear diffuser painted in that 2nd picture?

They are painting the front & rear bumpers again, the wing mirrors are being fully colour coded, as the arches were blended in. The doors, front wings and rear wings need blending in. Along with the bonnet being re-done. Oh and the rear lights are being re-painted. Unfortunately it's the only way to get a 100% match on the car with this white as it's so dependent on the atmosphere it's painted in. If it's all painted at the same time, in theory it should match. The roof & boot aren't too crucial to be painted hence they aren't being done. The reason they aren't an issue is because they aren't directly next to another painted panel, the angle of the boot lid means the colour difference shouldn't be noticeable.

Also yes the rear diffuser is being painted, in the audi grey I regrettably couldn't afford the full respray of ;) no idea what it'll look like with just the diffuser in that colour. It was an impulse buy haha.

It'll look great Rob. You're right about the bootlid . Wrighty has Tommy's bootlid and the match is great.

If it does go pear shaped, (which it wont), just get it blown over in Diamond White or some other brilliant white. Straight white is cool and looks great. Take a look at the WTF 86, it looks awesome.