That's the plan :) I just need to get a few issues with the kit sorted next week. I'll be extending the stripe a bit, but not sure where to. Going to have a play with it really.

Thought it would be :) When you say the issues, I am guessing you mean about blending in the front splitter to the original? 

Looks good though fella, can't wait to see it in the flesh at the hotel before Japfest! 

Thought it would be :) When you say the issues, I am guessing you mean about blending in the front splitter to the original? 

Looks good though fella, can't wait to see it in the flesh at the hotel before Japfest! 

One of the skirts has come unstuck, though it's not uncommon.. Ian had the same issue with his. Now that it's been on the car for a few weeks it should re-bond no issues as it will have taken it's form properly.

Got the Dixcel discs and pads on the car today, sorry no fitment pics as I was just caked in f*cking break dust it was everywhere! I'll get a pic at some point of them on the car :)

Initial thoughts are good, but I will be able to test how good they are at Japfest :)

I'm fairly sure i've put copper grease in places there need not be grease. Because I literally hadn't a clue what I was doing :P

Don't worry though, they stop and I didn't rub it on the discs. I'm stupid, but not that stupid!

I have some sad news, due to the heat today my drivers site sideskirt is quite frankly now hanging off... I think I'm going to be taking both skirts off on the weekend and finding a bodyshop that is capable of doing the job.

I feel that I need to name and shame the bodyshop that done it, as friendly as they are down there, honestly their customer service leaves much to be desired. I've been waiting for a phone call to have it re-fitted for about 2 months now...

They never followed the fitment instructions for the kit correctly anyway so both skirts at some point need to come off to take the chip guard off which is the root of the whole problem of them not sitting right.

http://www.xquisiteautomotive.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/xquisitecars?fref=ts

Stay away from them... I'm going to be taking the car to RT performance to have it re-sprayed etc but I was hoping to leave this until next year as i'm saving for my first flat..

I'd have a word with whoever sold you that kit Rob! Dodgy bastard

Shame xquisite aren't willing to help though...

Yeh guy that sold it to me was a right tool! 

Well they are willing to help, the problem is i'm bored of calling and leaving messages so I just gave up in the end. It's got to the point where i'm feeling i'm better off going elsewhere and hoping they can actually fit it properly. If I had a ramp i'd do the damn thing myself it's not rocket science. It comes with a fitment kit of which they only used part of it, I also need to try and get the polyurethane sealant off of some of it aswell after they tried to stick half of it on with that and failing miserably.

So was it the bonding material that has literally melted away Rob?

It's 3m tape is all, you'd think it's get stickier in the heat, but it's lost all adhesion entirely :S

Funnily enough I received an email from him this morning saying I still need to come back to get it sorted. I assume he saw my post about my kit falling off on a post of my sisters on FB as they are both friends.

5th time lucky lets go!

I see, let's hope he sorts it out this time then! 

I bet you are looking forward to seeing what his excuse is for being so slow for calling you back! 

This is comical, he's started ignoring me again. To be honest i've washed my hands with him now, Troy from five axis has been far more helpful the past week. We've had many back & forth emails and he's helping me sort it.

I had the skirts off this weekend, cleared up the cars paintwork, which on the whole doesn't look too bad. The problem side was a hash and took me 3 hours to clear up all the extra sealant he had used. The other side took me 15 mins (this was the side where the correct tape was used) and it shows.

I took pictures of the backside of the skirt which was the issue and pictures of my car to Troy. He wanted to make sure nothing was warped. He was happy the skirt & cars panels were fine but noticed it wasn't his tape. 

He's going to send me the right tape & adhesion promotor as well as a tool to clean up the skirts. He deserves a pint! If ever I go to California he shall be getting one!

Great news Rob. Can I take some credit for you getting stuck in??

As I said before, cleanliness is key!!

Great news Rob. Can I take some credit for you getting stuck in??

As I said before, cleanliness is key!!

Yes I was going to credit you on my next posts, but you can have a cookie now :D I did PM Nigel for a bit of advice as hes done such a fab job sorting his kit so far, although the five axis kit is a little different to what hes used to working on he had some good input.

Below is the crap on the car, note the big dollop of urethane sealant... I don't want to see that stuff again. My hands hurt and I ended up scratching my car with a knife in the process.

post-2-0-99586200-1436781129_thumb.jpg

Wow rob! this kit seems to be like a right pain... or the guy you dealt with was just hole where the sun doesn't shine much! 

What are you using to get the sealant off? Did you try some WD-40?

Good Luck rob :)

Wow rob! this kit seems to be like a right pain... or the guy you dealt with was just hole where the sun doesn't shine much! 

What are you using to get the sealant off? Did you try some WD-40?

Good Luck rob :)

I used a knife to cut it off, At first I tried a heat gun but it didn't even dent it lol.

Once I had most of it off I then used glue remover which seemed to work through it after a very long time of rubbing at it. I was pre-warned it was going to be a bitch to get off.

Why didn't you take my advice and use fishing line Rob?

I did, I didn't have any to hand, so I attempted with dental floss (my makeshift fishing line) but it kept snapping and there was a fairly large gap enough for a knife so I just went for it. In actual fact, the knife worked a treat the only reason I caught my car was because I was clumsy. It's inside the doorshut anyway so I don't see it as a major issue.

Is this now sorted Rob?

If not pm me and I'll sort out a solution for you.

Cheers

John

John,

I've cleaned up the car, I just need to get the skirts back on now :) Awaiting some parts from Five Axis (of which I can't recommend enough) I'm astounded at how helpful the guy has been, even answering my emails over the weekend.

John,

I've cleaned up the car, I just need to get the skirts back on now :) Awaiting some parts from Five Axis (of which I can't recommend enough) I'm astounded at how helpful the guy has been, even answering my emails over the weekend.

Sounds like the ends is in sight!

Look forward to seeing it soon mate.

Is it me.. or are these 'glue-on' bodykits merely a pain-in-the ar*e?

The only person I know who has an add-on hairpiece like this without a problem so far is GT86 Ian. But that was installed by professionals.

And I won't mention Nige's saga...

Our cars, in standard form, are capable of 140mph. A lump of self-stick glassfibre which flies off at that speed - or even at 40mph - can invite a swerve/accident from a following car or kill a pedestrian.

I really do hope you self-stick guys are declaring these 'bling' mods to your insurers.. I think you are totally irresponsible.

Spec K