7 hours ago, maurice said:

I've the P3 aswell, but wasn't sure if it was recalling them. 

Just had the call, they aren't replacing them, just swapping them around. Basically a fob off

7 hours ago, rob275 said:

They haven't even diagnosed my car today because it's remapped. Giving them a week then i'm calling the head office up to complain. 

Thats ridiculous, I've had the same error and mine is remapped. They couldn't even tell, or if they could they didn't say a word about it.

Swapped the coil for a new one, job done. I don't understand why one dealer will just do it but another won't.

If it helps when they were trying to fob me off with an a/c issue, I spoke directly to Toyota technical hq who rang the dealer and told them to stop fucking about basically.

7 hours ago, STEVO9000 said:

Thats ridiculous, I've had the same error and mine is remapped. They couldn't even tell, or if they could they didn't say a word about it.

Swapped the coil for a new one, job done. I don't understand why one dealer will just do it but another won't.

If it helps when they were trying to fob me off with an a/c issue, I spoke directly to Toyota technical hq who rang the dealer and told them to stop fucking about basically.

My thoughts exactly why is there such a difference between dealers?

Well they knew because I told them when they asked me, it's fairly obvious it's mapped because it's charged. Plus the programming tool is always in my glove box. Its all a bit silly really, it wastes my time and theirs.

On 03/11/2016 at 1:41 PM, S18 RSG said:

My coilpack codes seem to always show up on a Friday, then clear by the Monday. Last time I went in they said "unless the code is there, we can't do the work".

I think next time it's up I'm just gonna head straight there.

If it goes off before you get there, just rag it, go through the full rev range in gear and it should pop back up.

UPDATE: So I dropped my car off at @CGR Automotive on Monday many thanks for the lift in to Sheffield to get the 3 1/2 hour train home. I discovered Burger King to a breakfast menu! :) Was hoping to pick the car up Friday so I could really get on and get the brakes fitted on the weekend as well but unfortunately due to suppliers fucking them around a bit they don't have everything to finish the manifold off.

Though next week I will have it back providing nothing else goes wrong, once I have it back i'll be doing my oil change that Toyota refused to do (which is fine really as i'd rather millers in it) and get the Tarox BBK fitted.

Toyota's stance on my warranty is they will look at my CEL's but if it's deemed to be caused by my mods I will pay the labour & diagnostics fee. I'm sure they will try to claim my charger has caused a coilpack issue but I don't think they are aware of the amount of GT86 owners I know who are N/A that have the problem :) 

is it just the picture or are those primaries bigger than the standard oem? also I take it that this is UEL?

Primaries are bigger yeah and its EL.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

is it just the picture or are those primaries bigger than the standard oem? also I take it that this is UEL?

Primaries are bigger yeah and its EL.

Booo UEL ftw

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Little update, exhaust is obviously fitted. Overpipe was slightly catching the subframe but CGR made a new overpipe no problem and I went up and had that fitted this weekend. Exhaust sounds much better now it doesn't rattle :) Booked in for some dyno time and alignment with @Mark@Abbey M/S for 20th in preparation for my Brands Hatch outing on 27th!

Brakes were also fitted before christmas but due to me being ill/drunk and the car being filthy couples with it getting dark too early i've struggled to get pics. Washed the car and took some earlier though! 

IMG_20170108_160044.jpg

IMG_20170108_160220.jpg

3 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Little update, exhaust is obviously fitted. Overpipe was slightly catching the subframe but CGR made a new overpipe no problem and I went up and had that fitted this weekend. Exhaust sounds much better now it doesn't rattle :) Booked in for some dyno time and alignment with @Mark@Abbey M/S for 20th in preparation for my Brands Hatch outing on 27th!

Brakes were also fitted before christmas but due to me being ill/drunk and the car being filthy couples with it getting dark too early i've struggled to get pics. Washed the car and took some earlier though! 

IMG_20170108_160044.jpg

IMG_20170108_160220.jpg

Are your wheels a lighter colour or just clean ?

7 hours ago, Tareim said:

Those red calipers don't look right against the blue, it's ok though, I'll take them away from you to scrap them :lol:

I really like the red calipers against the blue!

On 19/11/2016 at 6:06 PM, rob275 said:

Charlie being the perfectionist that he is ended up starting the manifold from scratch but it's all tacked up now and just needs polishing up and welding.

20161119_160425.jpg

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this does on the dyno. It looks amazing.

do you have the Cobra HFC in the mid section?

You can probably hear the jealousy ooosing out of me here, but IMO this manifold is a a bit on the expensive side.... prohibitively so for me. (could get a manifold and catback for the same money from different places!)