@Bfranklyn86 No, initially I was going to but the Cobra HFC in but then just went with them putting their own HFC in. It's pricey, but it's a bit of a work of art, it's not a Japspeed manifold at the end of the dayl... Picture of it finished, i'm too excited to get some figures out of it.

15259721_619111414940063_3493242763068697802_o.jpg

@Bfranklyn86 No, initially I was going to but the Cobra HFC in but then just went with them putting their own HFC in. It's pricey, but it's a bit of a work of art, it's not a Japspeed manifold at the end of the dayl... Picture of it finished, i'm too excited to get some figures out of it.

15259721_619111414940063_3493242763068697802_o.jpg

Isn't there any limitation due to 4 to 1 layout?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, tegunulgener said:

Yes that's what I meant. Performance limited (either mid or top end respectively) in between 2 models AFAIK

4-1 tends to lend itself to higher RPM performance due to runner length. With a PD blower I would suggest that a 4-1 is preferable as you don't need a manifold to produce the low-to-mid range torque. As with any manifold it's in the design, runner length and diameter play far more a part than how many collectors it has.

Whether it suits the Sprintex is another thing, we all know that the torque curve drops off at higher RPM a bit like stock. If this is not due to the exhaust then it won't benefit that much. Hopefully CGR have done some real exhaust CFM calculations to get the specs right for what Rob wants.

I wonder how is it going to affect the figures. Last time when I talked to Mark, he told me that sprintex is on its limits for mine. I had 2 different headers. One from H&S custom made and the other is HKS. They both was equal by bhp but HKS has 15 more torque. So my first upgrade is going to be getting a different blower, when I can of course...

4 minutes ago, tegunulgener said:

So my first upgrade is going to be getting a different blower, when I can of course...

Based on the fact that these engines are becoming seemingly more fragile, I'm not even remotely interested in more power than what I've got. MY12/13 cars have less robust heads as well. A blower change makes little financial sense, as I'm sure Rob would agree. Better off making the best of the Sprintex IMO, keeping oil and engine cool, maybe improve the charge cooling if you can..... something I'll look into if I don't remove it.

Totally agree. The only downside of sprintex is the heat. And definitely agree with financial issues. In the other hand, I was thinking about more boost but I think internals needs changing to balance the pressure. Alas, I keep asking why should I put more power while I have enough etc... Looks like I didn't make my mind up yet. But yeah, true. More power means more money, consumes, less longevity. Since its my daily driver, I don't want to spend more. Especially the life I'm in is not at its best for the moment. I was wondering if it's possible to improve heat exchanger in sprintex. Maybe another layer of those pipes (cannot remember their name atm)

Manifold was designed with a F/I change in mind later down the line with a built engine. You're right the sprintex is on it's limits. I'm not particularly chasing for more power with this system, nevertheless it will be interesting to see results. I'm already overcharging the blower and although it's been running fine, it's anyones guess as to how long the engine will last. It could be fine or it might go bang on the dyno. (Which is why i'm currently sat on auto trader eyeing up Lexus CT200h as a run around) lol

43 minutes ago, tegunulgener said:

I was wondering if it's possible to improve heat exchanger in sprintex. Maybe another layer of the laminova heat exchangers.

What I am tempted to try:

1. Better water-to-air intercooler
  2. Higher flow water pump
  3. Better coolant mix
  4. Bigger reservoir perhaps

I don't think there's room for a better core in the SC otherwise they would have done it. You could end up restricting airflow too much.

I've always been in the mindset that once you open up an engine, it'll only need more work down the line no matter how well you build them. There's no substitute for OEM build..... well perhaps there is by FHI standards, I'm used to Honda :lol: OEM B-series engines always lasted longer than built ones, used less oil, required less maintenance etc. I wish Honda would bloody hurry up and replace the S2k, factory boost FTW!

Which is why i'm currently sat on auto trader eyeing up Lexus CT200h as a run around

Nice car, I keep trying to convince the other half to replace the Audi with one.

2 hours ago, knightryder said:

Based on the fact that these engines are becoming seemingly more fragile, I'm not even remotely interested in more power than what I've got. MY12/13 cars have less robust heads as well. A blower change makes little financial sense, as I'm sure Rob would agree. Better off making the best of the Sprintex IMO, keeping oil and engine cool, maybe improve the charge cooling if you can..... something I'll look into if I don't remove it.

is that documented anywhere and a reason for it?

26 minutes ago, Tareim said:

is that documented anywhere and a reason for it?

They revised parts in the heads late 2013, I believe the valve rockers were improved. There are cases in the US where they've punched a hole through the casing as they're ejected. There's only one reason to improve something....

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84282&page=6

14 hours ago, tegunulgener said:

I wonder how is it going to affect the figures. Last time when I talked to Mark, he told me that sprintex is on its limits for mine. I had 2 different headers. One from H&S custom made and the other is HKS. They both was equal by bhp but HKS has 15 more torque. So my first upgrade is going to be getting a different blower, when I can of course...

Were they 4-1 headers or 4-2-1?

I have been looking at an h&s manifold and catback myself. The catback has a great sound (on YouTube at least) and looks like it was designed with smooth airflow in mind.

I am surprised by the amount of people with PD blowers who have gone for 4-2-1 headers, especially as it is mid range torque that people worry will snap the rods. Seems like everyone [exageration] in the states with the edelbrock runs an ACE 4-2-1 header.

(p.s Rob sorry for thread hijak)

13 hours ago, knightryder said:

I've always been in the mindset that once you open up an engine, it'll only need more work down the line no matter how well you build them. There's no substitute for OEM build..... well perhaps there is by FHI standards, I'm used to Honda :lol: OEM B-series engines always lasted longer than built ones, used less oil, required less maintenance etc. I wish Honda would bloody hurry up and replace the S2k, factory boost FTW!

This echoes what Ptuning in the states said about seeing more problems with built engines than stock, and why they don't recommend an engine build unless going over 350whp.

having said that, I would guess a lot comes down to who does the build and the quality of the components used. If I parted with a large sum of money this coming March when cosworth release their built bottom end, I wouldn't be expecting anything to go wrong anytime soon.

14 hours ago, tegunulgener said: I wonder how is it going to affect the figures. Last time when I talked to Mark, he told me that sprintex is on its limits for mine. I had 2 different headers. One from H&S custom made and the other is HKS. They both was equal by bhp but HKS has 15 more torque. So my first upgrade is going to be getting a different blower, when I can of course...

Were they 4-1 headers or 4-2-1?

I have been looking at an h&s manifold and catback myself. The catback has a great sound (on YouTube at least) and looks like it was designed with smooth airflow in mind.

I am surprised by the amount of people with PD blowers who have gone for 4-2-1 headers, especially as it is mid range torque that people worry will snap the rods. Seems like everyone [exageration] in the states with the edelbrock runs an ACE 4-2-1 header.

(p.s Rob sorry for thread hijak)

H&S headers is 4-2-1 with high flow cat. I'll post a photo. It's actually for sale. It's also ceramic coated. In great condition.