Deacon

Deacons '86

5 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Jeff the Toyota screwdriver is perfect for popping out the cover for the tow hook. That's what I do anyway. 

Yep, that's what I have been using 👍

On 22/03/2017 at 1:34 PM, Deacon said:

Treated the car to a plate as it seemed appropriate 😁

Screenshot_20170322-133110_01.png

Nearly bought this number when I got my GT but like my number plate as a had choice at the time.

4 minutes ago, MikeB said:

Nearly bought this number when I got my GT but like my number plate as a had choice at the time.

I've never really been a private plate person but this seemed appropriate and was cheap so I thought why not!

Just now, Deacon said:

I've never really been a private plate person but this seemed appropriate and was cheap so I thought why not!

And why not and will make you smile everyday you see your car

I must say I would not be keen in having the tow hooks in all the time as a minor bump would impact into the chassis as its the most forward point imho.

I use the screw driver but cover the tip in tape so that the metal does not dig into the paint or scratch the bumper if I have a slip up lol

18 minutes ago, shiftspark said:

I must say I would not be keen in having the tow hooks in all the time as a minor bump would impact into the chassis as its the most forward point imho.

I use the screw driver but cover the tip in tape so that the metal does not dig into the paint or scratch the bumper if I have a slip up lol

With the new hooks folded in it shouldn't be too much of an issue but I wouldn't have wanted to run it like that with something like the stock tow hooks that are fixed.

Grabbed a couple of dB readings for the HKS Spec-L with JDL manifold combo today. At start up (not a cold start though) it peaked at 86.9db. Held at about 5.5k rpm it was 96db. Should be no problem for pretty much any track which is good news.

My girlfriend also recorded a couple of drive by videos for me. They're not the best as the wind noise is quite bad and she didn't do the greatest job following the car 😂 but they give an idea of how it sounds.

Hopefully get some better clips with @will300 soon.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

Doesn't seem loud at all? That static test is slightly higher than mine though? 

I'd guess meter differences maybe? Have to try yours with my dB meter and see what it says

41 minutes ago, Ade said:

Was the static done at 45degress and 1 meter from one of the tail pipes?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Did it as per the msv site for cars with twin tailpipes - centre between the tailpipes approximately 0.5m distance

I'm still not convinced that's right (measuring between them) - is it possible it means they measure each exhaust (45deg angle to the side) and take the average of the 2 readings and class the car as that value?

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm still not convinced that's right (measuring between them) - is it possible it means they measure each exhaust (45deg angle to the side) and take the average of the 2 readings and class the car as that value?

Maybe but that would seem like a lot of work?

Pretty sure at Oulton they just measured from one side as do most circuits (well all of the ones I've been to). Never had someone standing in the middle before. Your exhaust seems really quiet, no real tone to it, so I'd be surprised if it was near 90Db which is what I normally get in the static tests at the track. 

6 minutes ago, Ade said:

I think it has a great tone! It sounds quite meaty on the drive by once the car goes past..

Yeah, I sort of get what you mean, it's the road noise and everything else that makes it hard to hear. 

21 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Pretty sure at Oulton they just measured from one side as do most circuits (well all of the ones I've been to). Never had someone standing in the middle before. Your exhaust seems really quiet, no real tone to it, so I'd be surprised if it was near 90Db which is what I normally get in the static tests at the track. 

Yeah I think mine was measured to the side too at Oulton thinking about it. I'll grab another reading about 45° and 1m away to the side later if I get chance.

I've only ever seen them measure to one side, there's no reason for 1 exhaust to be louder than the other, unless you have a dummy exhaust... so they probably don't bother and just take 1 reading.

Will be at Curbs next week, not sure if you're off for Easter then but could pop by and do a comparison?

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I've only ever seen them measure to one side, there's no reason for 1 exhaust to be louder than the other, unless you have a dummy exhaust... so they probably don't bother and just take 1 reading.

Will be at Curbs next week, not sure if you're off for Easter then but could pop by and do a comparison?

I'm away unfortunately.

I'll bring it to TD though and we could have a look then?