Deacon

Deacons '86

44 minutes ago, Tom B said:

Looking very glossy! What products have you used on it? B)

Snow foamed with bilt hamber foam. Washed with autoglym conditioning shampoo and then waxed with mcguires carnauba (deep crystal I think) wax. Basically what was lying around in the shed, lol!

I reckon the winter tyres will be good for drifting. Less feel, but they will overheat quicker, so you ought to be able to drift it pretty well. Not so hot if you're trying to go fast though and working them in temperatures they weren't designed for. Still might as well toast them. :)

Just to add to this the winter tyres performed way beyond expectations and handled everything that was thrown at them apart from the final gymkhana when they, in f1 speak, fell off a cliff and became the slippiest thing ever leading to me gaining the award for most sliddy. 

However, this was after a day of extreme use (speeds in excess of 120mph, emergency stops from 90mph, a handling circuit session, etc) and in a temperature of 28 degrees c. 

For normal road use and spirited driving there would be absolutely no issue running the Nokian WRA3's all year round and it really showed why they make such excellent winter tyres. 

IMG_20160718_074626_01.jpg

8 minutes ago, daidaiiro said:

55-Hero_PilotSportCup2_8_FrontCloseup-14

Semi-slicks so not ideal for normal road use, especially in the wet.

I ran the federal 595 RSR's through last summer and they were fine so I'm sure these won't be a major problem either. Cup 1's I wouldn't have fancied so much on the road but cup 2's definitely have better road manners. 

28 minutes ago, daidaiiro said:

Semi-slicks so not ideal for normal road use, especially in the wet.

Are they really classed as semi-slick? to me anything that has multiple straight channels running the whole circumference of the tyre is not a semi slick

sorry for clogging up your thread for this Jeff

38 minutes ago, Tareim said:

Are they really classed as semi-slick? to me anything that has multiple straight channels running the whole circumference of the tyre is not a semi slick

sorry for clogging up your thread for this Jeff

Yes they are a semi slick. On the straight channels logic these wouldn't have been semi slicks either... 

ba002.002.jpg