Deacon

Deacons '86

Big thanks to @Mike@TD.co.uk and Nick. Bushes and brake ducts are all fitted. Car definitely feels a bit sharper and more responsive in putting the power down when pulling away.

New summer wheels and full geometry set up are booked in for the 7th so car should be handling very nicely by then.

5 minutes ago, don said:

By mentioning the GT3 brake ducts, i presume you mean the Porsche GT3 brake ducts? How easy were they to install? As simple as clipping into place or did they need quite a bit of modification?

Easy enough to install I believe - they do clip into place but because they are made for the GT3 also need securing with cable ties.

So MOT was yesterday and I'm sad to say it failed 😭 due to this:-

20160329_105620_Hagrid.jpg

(Snapped drop link)

I spoke to James at Amber and he arranged for another set to be sent out straight away. They arrived today and were fitted at RRG and a nice new MOT certificate issued.

Big thanks to both Richard at RRG and James at Amber for getting it all sorted for me.

1 minute ago, Nicebiscuit said:

What do they do? Didn't you notice something was up before the MOT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the arb drop link. It was wedged in place but when checked up on the ramp you can see the results above. The back end had felt a bit lively but I'd put that down to the desperate need for an alignment and the winter tyres not being happy in the milder temperatures.

Finally had the summers put on today while having the geometry set up.

(Excuse the state of the car I'm currently out of action where car cleaning is concerned!)

20160407_160620_Hagrid.jpg

2016-04-07%2018.05.11.jpg

The wheels are Rota Titan's in 17x9 et42 finished in a custom bronze (which the people who've seen them in the flesh will be able to confirm bears little resemblance to the colour the pictures show!) fitted with 235/45/17 Continental Sport Contact 5's. Wheels and tyres weighed in at 18.1kg. When I weighed the stock wheels and tyres I got them as 18.7kg so a (cough) massive 600g per wheel saved. However, the fact there is any weight saving at all with that much wider wheels and tyres is pretty good.

Geometry was set to -2.7 degrees camber at the front with 0 toe and at the rear -2.2 degrees camber with 0.25 toe in.

14 minutes ago, Tom B said:

Love the bronze colour! Where did you get your geometry done? Notice any difference afterwards? 

Cheers!

Geometry was done at AA Sport in Stafford. In terms of difference there wasn't any major changes to what I was running already to be honest so I don't think there will be much to notice. I'll report back after I've put a few miles on with anything I notice though.