Jump to content
Lauren

GR Yaris who's going for it?

Recommended Posts

Hot off the press yesterday as the order books open for delivery January 2021:

https://www.toyota.co.uk/world-of-toyota/toyota-gazoo-racing/gr-yaris/specs#

I've already spoken to Richard at RRG. Going down Saturday to put a deposit down. I want this car! :)

Obviously going for the track pack. Price is £33.5K reckon there may be an OTR tax to add though, will find out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably more representative of the dash as the pic posted is the boot up screen. Looks okay to me. There is a setting I've seen in a video (in my link) where you can have a turbo boost gauge displayed. In fact looks very much like the Corolla dash, no surprise there: 

22_3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark is going to buy it off me at a bargain price. At least that’s the plan. 
And planning to still be around on the forums hopefully

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hot off the press yesterday as the order books open for delivery January 2021:
https://www.toyota.co.uk/world-of-toyota/toyota-gazoo-racing/gr-yaris/specs#
I've already spoken to Richard at RRG. Going down Saturday to put a deposit down. I want this car!
Obviously going for the track pack. Price is £33.5K reckon there may be an OTR tax to add though, will find out. 
Congratulations. What colour?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BRZ-123 said:

Congratulations. What colour?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
 

Thank you. Exciting day today. :)Going to go for the 'pure white' rather than pearlescent. I know pearlescent will match my car, but pure white or 'championship white' is more in keeping with the rally ethos. it's also the no cost colour option. 😆

I will still be around, don't worry. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sam534 said:

I enjoyed the HUD on the supra, I hope to see more performance cars with this option

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk
 

I couldn't see the HUD when I drove the Supra. 🤣

But, on the Yaris dash you can flip it through the menus to have a digital speed on the central display I think. I admit, I've got used to digital speedos now. It would have been nice if the whole dash was a configurable screen as pretty much all upmarket cars have these days. Guess that's the downside of it being based on a lower model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made an initial deposit yesterday of £500 in an effort to get an early build slot when things start happenning. :)

Went for Pure White with  Circuit Pack. No other other options at present. That may change, we shall see. There will be a UK unveil at Goodwood FOS in July, with dealer demos in October. Delivery is January 2021, but it could move forward to November. Really excited! :)

Got a brochure as well! 🤣

IMG_9547.jpeg

IMG_9548.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super exciting. It is very interesting to see the forum members move on to different cars - some onto new boxer engines ones ( Porsche) , some onto the new Supra and now the Yaris GR.

Now looking forward to 2nd Gen BRZ/GT86 and what it holds in store!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it is an interesting thing where people move onto. For me whilst I am excited about what the new GT86 may bring, I've had my car for seven years, been to the moon and halfway back and done everything I can with the car. I've not made any changes to it in two and a half years now. I think I'm ready to try something different. First turbo, first 4WD, but the absolute appeal is being able to own a proper homologation special and that is ticking a big box for me. So much so, that I just couldn't resist! 

Cars like these will not exist in the not to distant future and it' got a manual gearbox. Got to make the most of it while you can I think. Also ticking another box is ordering a car that hasn't even made production yet, super excited to follow the build up which is going to be a long one. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 6:20 PM, sam534 said:

I enjoyed the HUD on the supra, I hope to see more performance cars with this option

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk
 

Looks like the new Yaris (all of them) will have a HUD: 

toyota-yaris-2020.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Yeah, it is an interesting thing where people move onto. For me whilst I am excited about what the new GT86 may bring, I've had my car for seven years, been to the moon and halfway back and done everything I can with the car. I've not made any changes to it in two and a half years now. I think I'm ready to try something different. First turbo, first 4WD, but the absolute appeal is being able to own a proper homologation special and that is ticking a big box for me. So much so, that I just couldn't resist! 

Cars like these will not exist in the not to distant future and it' got a manual gearbox. Got to make the most of it while you can I think. Also ticking another box is ordering a car that hasn't even made production yet, super excited to follow the build up which is going to be a long one. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds. :) 

I'm trying to work out whether I'd rather tick the box of a V8 whilst they're still vaguely acceptable, but I suspect we won't ever see anything like this Yaris again (or at least, not with a petrol engine). It's a tough one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spikyone said:

I'm trying to work out whether I'd rather tick the box of a V8 whilst they're still vaguely acceptable, but I suspect we won't ever see anything like this Yaris again (or at least, not with a petrol engine). It's a tough one.

Indeed, exactly this. Trouble is for me, the running costs of a V8 would be high, given I like to spend a lot of time in my cars. A V8 could only be an occasional use car for me. Can run the Yaris like I have the GT86 given it's a similar price and ought to have similar running costs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've already done a V8 ( BMW 540i) so no need to go there again.

Keep us apprised, Lauren. I can feel your excitement.

Sent from my LG-Q6 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 6:24 PM, Test Drives Unlimited said:

I got HUD in my GT86 emoji14.png

Which one have you got? Stand alone or using phone? Would you recommend it as I am considering going for one?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My one plugs into the socket under the drivers side of dash and then sits in front on top of the Dashboard and sends the info to the Windscreen.

 

Has a separate switch if you want to turn it off.

 

It cost £17.99 via eBay from a Chinese Manufacturer

 

Got a photo somewhere.......

 

I find it strange driving a car without it now!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×