Samwise

Bringing an 86 back from the dead

9 hours ago, Samwise said:

Way ahead of you there Martin 😁 I've laready got myself a set of quickjacks exactly the same as what you pictured. I'm itching to get them set up and the car up in the air on them! Hopefully next weekend I can do just that. new wheels on, new brakes on, the lot!

Interested to hear which one you went with and how you get on?  I have been looking at a set of these for a while but never pulled the trigger on a set. 

Small update for anyone interested in the workshop.
Been spending most evenings after working going round there to tidy/sweep up, build myself a workbench and set up some new lighting all while waiting for the landlord to get a proper door installed - Eletric roller shutter being installed tomorrow!

Just in time too so I can get the 86 moved to it's new home, set up my quick jacks and start working away. Not going to have much else to do over the next month or more thanks to our impending doom cutting me off from work but atleast i've spent all the money for parts already! (silver linings and all that)

Anyway pictures!

4JH6SlJh.jpg7OMKVgKh.jpg
IHPgvGxh.jpg

20 minutes ago, will300 said:

Is that a coffee machine and tv that I can see? 😄

If so, looking like a very functional workshop indeed.

They are indeed, had to get my priorities straight!.. there might even be a big pub-style bottle cooler one day soon if i'm able to get one for free 😋

Thanks everyone! tango_face_grin.png

The workshop finally got it's roller shutter today so it's nice and secure, meant I could move the more expensive loose parts over and get the quickjacks set up.

And we have liftoff!

B4cIGMKh.jpg

5 minutes ago, James18 said:

Might have already asked you this somewhere else but @Samwise have you bought the V2 diffuser also?

Have you thought about what you're going to do for a fog light?

I mention it in the video actually :) I'm going to cut out the "V" light section and glass fibre it in to the V2 diffuser. Having owned a glass fibre bodied car in the past time not too bad at it and it shouldnt be too tricky with some patience.

22 minutes ago, Samwise said:

I mention it in the video actually :) I'm going to cut out the "V" light section and glass fibre it in to the V2 diffuser. Having owned a glass fibre bodied car in the past time not too bad at it and it shouldnt be too tricky with some patience.

That does look good! You're a braver man than me 😂

Good luck with the rest of the build, looks great so far. Excited to see how it finishes