TTR

Getting price gouged help me pls

just done a quick moneysupermarket comparison and doing everything exactly the same just changing gt86 with brz and the BRZ is £40 cheaper for me to insure for the year so yeah these crashes with GT86s are not helping with prices

14 minutes ago, Tareim said:

just done a quick moneysupermarket comparison and doing everything exactly the same just changing gt86 with brz and the BRZ is £40 cheaper for me to insure for the year so yeah these crashes with GT86s are not helping with prices

£40 isn't a lot really, there's insurance companies with higher admin fees than that... if insurance was like £100 / year then £40 would be worth shouting about :P 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

£40 isn't a lot really, there's insurance companies with higher admin fees than that... if insurance was like £100 / year then £40 would be worth shouting about :P 

considering my quote was fairly cheap at £375, the difference might be greater for someone whose quote is around the £1k mark

On 06/01/2017 at 2:53 PM, rob275 said:

I'm sorry but at £1600 you shouldn't be sniffing at it. It's a reasonable price given your circumstances. Unfortunately if you're under 21 for the first few years you just have to suck it up and pay. That's the way it is. I still don't pay under £1k even now. They simply made a mistake in your first year.

I wouldn't be sniffing at £1600 had my first year been around the same amount! :lol:. If they'd made a mistake I'm sure the would've corrected it as Insurance Companies are gouging bastards. 

On 06/01/2017 at 3:25 PM, Deacon said:

Sorry to say it but I also think they screwed up last year. My nephew pays more than you did on a boggo seat Ibiza, nice postcode, etc and he's a year older than you with ncb, etc

I don't think they did.... Admiral group all quoted me around the £1,000 mark when I first got the car,  as well as Hastings and Hyperformance. A friend who got a BRZ at roughly the same time was paying around the £700 mark iirc and he's been driving for 3 years and has some no claims. 

17 hours ago, Mike said:

GT86 is about £4,000 to insure for me. 

Can anyone recommend an Insurance company that might not want to stick a pole up my ass? :rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, TTR said:

I wouldn't be sniffing at £1600 had my first year been around the same amount! :lol:. If they'd made a mistake I'm sure the would've corrected it as Insurance Companies are gouging bastards. 

I don't think they did.... Admiral group all quoted me around the £1,000 mark when I first got the car,  as well as Hastings and Hyperformance. A friend who got a BRZ at roughly the same time was paying around the £700 mark iirc and he's been driving for 3 years and has some no claims. 

GT86 is about £4,000 to insure for me. 

Can anyone recommend an Insurance company that might not want to stick a pole up my ass? :rolleyes:

😂😂😂 None to mind at this time

My Mk3 Astra was £1600 Third Party back in 2006. There's a few things you can do which has been suggested such as add your parents as named drivers as in their eyes the risk is split. Also you can lower your mileage a bit then add more if you need to later. Another thing I found that made it cheaper was to say it parked on the road at home and not the drive or in the garage. Looked into it at the time and all was mentioned was that people who park off road or garaged are more hassle for insurers as they are deemed to be more pedantic. No idea if it was just forum hearsay at the time but it dropped it £300 for me with all I've suggested.

When insurance companies don't want you as a customer they won't refuse to insure you, as you have to declare that and no-one else will touch you, so they whack up the premiums. I think now you've passed your test, recent insurance increases due to tax, etc and the GT86 accident history is all going against you.

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Looks like you'll have to sell the car @TTR...shame ;)

For the last time I'm not selling you my car, I'm know you want to be part of the BRZ master race. But go buy someone else's ;) 

10 hours ago, gazza82 said:

When insurance companies don't want you as a customer they won't refuse to insure you, as you have to declare that and no-one else will touch you, so they whack up the premiums. I think now you've passed your test, recent insurance increases due to tax, etc and the GT86 accident history is all going against you.

You don't have to declare if they decline to quote, only if they quote and then decline to cover you.

On 06/01/2017 at 8:46 PM, Keethos said:

Probably doesn't help with the number of 86s that have binned it this year....

On 06/01/2017 at 9:23 PM, nikndel said:

Couldn't agree more with cars damaged or write offs to percentage of cars sold in UK the ratio must be terrible

On 06/01/2017 at 9:32 PM, maurice said:

Yeah it's a bit worrying, the car could end up getting blacklisted like S2000's given the amount that are getting crashed. 

On 06/01/2017 at 10:19 PM, Tareim said:

.....so yeah these crashes with GT86s are not helping with prices

Where are you guys getting this information from?

5 minutes ago, Varelco said:

Where are you guys getting this information from?

Just from the amount of people on the forums that have binned their cars. 

I'm not hugely sure the 86 crash statistics apply to the BRZ, as mentioned earlier it's about £4000 for me to insure and 86.

Oh ok I thought there may be a source of statistics. In that case I can't see how that is going to have an effect. The forums represent a small portion of car owners, so if several members trash their cars I doubt its going to make a visible impact on premiums.

3 minutes ago, Varelco said:

Oh ok I thought there may be a source of statistics. In that case I can't see how that is going to have an effect. The forums represent a small portion of car owners, so if several members trash their cars I doubt its going to make a visible impact on premiums.

There are statistics, but this isn't publicly available. It's shared amongst insurance groups.

On 1/6/2017 at 10:37 AM, TTR said:

So....

When I insured my car last year, 1 month after I passed my driving test, it cost me a grand total of £850 to insure.

Now that I have 1 year of driving experience and 1 years NCB I'm looking at £1600+ to insure my car. I haven't changed postcode or anything, every detail is still the same apart from gaining NCB and Driving experience. So my question is two fold, to the club insurers on here that either haven't been able to quote me (All of them)....Can you shed some light and justify how the F*** my insurance has F****** doubled despite getting more driving experience and NCB . To the members on here, I have tried Sky/AIB/Flux/Aviva/Direct Line and they won't quote me, are there any other insurers that I can try? (The likes of Greenlight and CKI won't insure me due to my age and the length at which i've held my license).

So yeah pls help

Hi,

I'm surprised we could offer you a price. Did we give you a reason why?

Regards,

Dan.

4 hours ago, Varelco said:

what about people that aren't on forums' didn't some one put a 86 on it's roof on a test drive?

36 minutes ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

I'm surprised we could offer you a price. Did we give you a reason why?

Regards,

Dan.

Nope, no reason as to why unfortunately. 

It's not just members binning there car but there have been plenty of sighting from members of other 86s crashing and been comment on or reported on Facebook etc. but no, no hard facts persay but its a common assumption to why prices may go have gone up.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

It's not just members binning there car but there have been plenty of sighting from members of other 86s crashing and been comment on or reported on Facebook etc. but no, no hard facts persay but its a common assumption to why prices may go have gone up.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

Most of ours are on track days though so they don't count surely

Anyway - its swings and roundabouts - on the one hand premiums are rising. On the other, our cars are becoming rarer by the day ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk