34 minutes ago, Riceburner said:

Yes Nick Spurs fully deserved it but ime still happy top of the league (for now anyway):rolleyes: 

Still plenty of time for us to blow it I am surprised that Anchor fellow hasn't piped up still back to topic hope to see it in the flesh in the New Year

24 minutes ago, nikndel said:

Still plenty of time for us to blow it I am surprised that Anchor fellow hasn't piped up still back to topic hope to see it in the flesh in the New Year

Off topic: Just counting down the days before Jose goes away :P 

On topic: May have to pop down and have a look at some point when it's in...

+10000

I really don't understand why Toyota struggle so badly to fit decent offset wheels to this car.... They should have a word with some of the German car manufacturers, they do well in the wheel fitment department.

5 hours ago, benmmellor said:

The one thing I'd like to be able to retrofit would be the MY17 dash cluster and steering wheel controls... rest of the cosmetic changes aren't much of a concern to me...

Both of those probably aren't possible without a lot of work (read expense).

Looks good, but I really wish Toyota would do a better job with wheel offsets. Is that the exact spec/look then, Richard? 

I was wondering about this... I was wondering whether it's something to do with suspension geometry? There must be some reason, surely. Because they keep doing it and they must know it looks a bit rubbish like that... Mine looks so much better now that the wheels are 30mm or so pushed out at each corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's nothing to do with suspension geommetry as such, it's just a conservative offset. I can see no good reason, other than Toyota wanting to ensure the wheels are under the arches and there is no possibility of the wheels hitting the arches etc and I suppose there are things like snow chains to consider. 

Not entirely true. lower offset put more strain on the wheel bearings due to extending the lever arm. It also adds positive scrub which does give brake steer on uneven surfaces which can be dangerous in the wrong hands. I know it from first hand experience, on some surfaces when hammering the brake you need to hold the wheel otherwise before you know it you can be in the ditch at the side of the road. My grippy tyres probably make it worse to be fair. 

To do it properly would need a suspension redesign to extend the current wheel/knuckle further out. Having said that, why didnt they do that in the first place?