Ade

Ade's Road and Track Toy

I would also add that with just the three button press you can hold the car at any angle you like. Even if EBD is doing something under trail braking, it doesn't seem to be any hinderance for getting the car to do what you want it to do. 

The aids can be intrusive depending on how you drive, if you are aggressive, they car kick in, say if you quickly change directions, the car will think that you are losing it and will intervene, but if you are driving smoothly, it'll let the rear slip a fair bit.

The car was over due to a service so that was last nights job. 

• Oil change Miller CFS nondrive 0W30
  • Replaced oil drian plug with a goldplug magnetic drain
  • Replaced oil filter with a toyota OEM part
  • Diff oil change with Millers CRX gear oil 75W90
  • Replaced cosworth air filter
  • Replaced interior air filter with a bosch item. 
  • Replaced auxiliary (and SC drive) belt with a Gates item. 

@Ade Not sure if i've missed this throughout the thread haha, but is your car a daily too? Reason I ask is that i'm thinking about some AD08R's, but was just wondering how bearable they were noise wise on the commute?

@Ade Not sure if i've missed this throughout the thread haha, but is your car a daily too? Reason I ask is that i'm thinking about some AD08R's, but was just wondering how bearable they were noise wise on the commute?

I use the car 2-3times a week for a short commute (usually taking a detour). The AD08Rs are okay in the cold and wet you just have to be aware of the grip levels as in the warm dry they are very impressive.

They have metal mesh in sidewalls so make the ride quite a bit stiffer as well as road noise.

Also in extreme wet where there are deep puddles they are more prone to aquaplaning than a normal performance road tyre.

I love them. Will either be a set of these or pilot sport cups next.

6 hours ago, Ade said:

I use the car 2-3times a week for a short commute (usually taking a detour). The AD08Rs are okay in the cold and wet you just have to be aware of the grip levels as in the warm dry they are very impressive.

They have metal mesh in sidewalls so make the ride quite a bit stiffer as well as road noise.

Also in extreme wet where there are deep puddles they are more prone to aquaplaning than a normal performance road tyre.

I love them. Will either be a set of these or pilot sport cups next.

Cup 2's are a decent choice, I imagine they're a hell of a lot quieter too! Also waiting for a see how the PS4S's are, could be a decent middle ground for me. Just thinking about the 08R's as they're a good £35 per corner cheaper than the Cup 2's! 

On 11/20/2016 at 0:50 AM, TTR said:

Cup 2's are a decent choice, I imagine they're a hell of a lot quieter too! Also waiting for a see how the PS4S's are, could be a decent middle ground for me. Just thinking about the 08R's as they're a good £35 per corner cheaper than the Cup 2's! 

Not sure as the cup 2s also have a stiff sidewall beign a semi slick, i'd expect them to be louder! 

Arnt the PS4's supposed to be as good as the MPSS in the dry but better in the wet/cold?

49 minutes ago, Ade said:

Not sure as the cup 2s also have a stiff sidewall beign a semi slick, i'd expect them to be louder! 

Arnt the PS4's supposed to be as good as the MPSS in the dry but better in the wet/cold?

The Cup2's got a rating of 71dB vs 75dB for the 08R in the size i'm after. The PS4's AFAIK isn't quite there with the Supersport in the dry, but is much better in the wet. However I was specifically on about the new Pilot Sport 4S, the UHP tyre which is replacing the fairly dated Supersport :D

16 minutes ago, TTR said:

The Cup2's got a rating of 71dB vs 75dB for the 08R in the size i'm after. The PS4's AFAIK isn't quite there with the Supersport in the dry, but is much better in the wet. However I was specifically on about the new Pilot Sport 4S, the UHP tyre which is replacing the fairly dated Supersport :D

The Ps4s is only going to be 19"+ on launch in January I believe. Not sure when sensible sizes will be available :-(

6 minutes ago, don said:

I've got the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres fitted. Really impressed at what they can do hot / cold / dry / wet. They get my vote for daily tyres.

I've got them in stock tyre size too.

Yeah the ps4 is a great tyre and available in stock sizes. I was on about the ps4s though which is a new tyre to replace the supersports, is launched in january and isn't available in out sizes (yet).

4 minutes ago, don said:

I stand corrected. That's the first I've seen / heard of them. But after a bit of research it look like they will be released only in 18" / 19" sizes. 

Really? I thought it was 19" and 20" for initial launch?

2 hours ago, Lauren said: Would be list 1A if it's the same. Guess we'll find out in 2017 when the new tyre list is released. 

Tyre lists are out already Lauren https://www.msauk.org/assets/196-208commonregulationsforpermittedtyresl-1.pdf

Seems unfair that pilot sport cups 2s are on the a1 list if an oem fitment when though AD08R are not. Cup 2s are definitely closer to an all out semi slick.