Ade

Ade's Road and Track Toy

That G-tech C5 is a bugger to apply. I couldn't tell which part I'd treated and which was still to be done - and there's precious little in the bottle. I expect I'll have some grubby patches when they get some dirt and dust on them.

35 minutes ago, daidaiiro said:

That G-tech C5 is a bugger to apply. I couldn't tell which part I'd treated and which was still to be done - and there's precious little in the bottle. I expect I'll have some grubby patches when they get some dirt and dust on them.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to try to do it in small segments I can keep track of. 

Is a 15ml bottle big enough for 4 wheels?

Not cheap this stuff, but I bought it on @rob275 advice.

Edit - they only recommend 15ml up to 17"

emotroisd.29.gif

3 minutes ago, Ade said:

I assume you are talking about the small bottle there?

Sounds like it needs applying very liberally.

Indeed it does, I coated my white grids (17x9) with G5 on the faces and the inner dish and still have about 1/3 left and its a proper bitch to see on white.

17 minutes ago, Gringosteve said:

Those tyres look epic, seem to have OK wet weather rating (B) for such a big tread block. Tempted

Yeah they can be pretty decent in the wet, but they are very quick in the dry for a "summer" tyre. Only thing about them is they need a bit of heat to grip really well being a ~200 tread wear tyre. 

Never had them myself, but I had a passenger ride in Stu's car (ex forum mod on the otherside) with both the stock suspension and Ohlins. My god they grip when warm. I think they were AD08 not the AD08R which as about 1second slow over a 1:20 lap than the AD08R.

If you believe the below video the AD08R dropped the lap time from 1:25:5 on primacies to 1:21:8 on the AD08R

Also here is a comparison of most extreme performance tyres in the USA. Most of these are not available in europe due to regulations forcing the use of reused oil. Anyway you can see some footage in the wet WARM weather.

Stickier, forced induction; track days; what have you done about oil surge?

Hi Ed. Are you still doing track days? Group of us at Snetterton on the 27th April. There's a thread in the evens section.

Well there are plenty of ppl stateside using semi slicks and slicks without oil issues. The TMG racecar also doesn't have any sump modifications as far as I could tell; same pt number for the sump as stock and I had a good look at Oulton Park. Looks like the baffle toyobaru designed in, does a decent enough job.

From what ive seen on the US forum it's only when you start adding downforce with slicks that oil starvation is an issue.

Having said that. I have a pressure guage in the drivers side vent to keep an eye on it.

Also I did fit the Moroso baffle as a safe guard. Turns out there are consequences for everything and the Moroso baffle itself caused oil starvation at sustained high rpm. Both Fensport and Abbey have now modified the design to stop the pressure dropout at high revs. I'm thankful I fitted the Defi Pressure Guage and discovered that fault.

Mark at Abbey has been doing a lot of work on oiling for me; pressure, flow, cooling, sump and fallback. 

Just a bit more work on the Accusump and then some track time to test.

13 hours ago, LFA said:

Mark at Abbey has been doing a lot of work on oiling for me; pressure, flow, cooling, sump and fallback. 

Just a bit more work on the Accusump and then some track time to test.

So it was your car he was talking about at Bedford ;) I like the idea of accusump. Usually the issue is dealing with the extra oil added to the system when the accusump does its thing, but I think Mark has a way around that. 

I am thinking about making a oil pressure logger so I can evaluate it after sessions. Not the easiest watching a pressure gauge while hooning around the track :huh: