Paul

Paul's Pearl White '86

4 hours ago, shiftspark said:

Think it puts the drl on when you first set off

Sounds about right.

Anyway, 2 presses of the start button with foot off the clutch and reverse light works for future reference.

22 hours ago, Paul said:

The letter of the law in terms of number plates is down to sizing and spacing of lettering, colour of plate, font and the legal marks in terms of manufacturer. There's no requirement for the plate to be a particular size as far as I can see. The letters on the 13x7 plate are exactly the same size as on my old rectangular plate, and the letters are spaced exactly the same.

The problem is whilst the size of the characters is fine the spacing isn't.  The gap between the top and bottom row needs to be 19mm for it to be legal. You can't fit the correct sized characters and spacing on a 7" plate. A 12x6 has small characters altogether (64mm vs 79mm).

I still want one though lol...

Really minor change today, wheels were a state so had them refurb'd and re-finished in matte black (apologies for the godawful photo, not my forte).

IMG_3593.JPG

Gloss black is much better. I have a set of both. The matt black ones don't really work, but the gloss ones look superb when clean as they catch the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time for an update, the most recent modification to the car was totally unplanned

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Car is being collected tomorrow and taken to RRG Macclesfield for assessment.

Great advertisement for trackday insurance everyone! :(

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

Time for an update, the most recent modification to the car was totally unplanned

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Car is being collected tomorrow and taken to RRG Macclesfield for assessment.

Great advertisement for trackday insurance everyone! :(

So what happened chap, were the aids off? oversteer? 

@Ade

Basically, the track was drying off, Will had stiffened my suspension a bit, I had all the aids off, was braking later and later and later for Wigglers, pretty sure this time I broke too late, made the left ok then on the right the back end just let go, car swung 180 degrees and my ass was in the barrier before I knew much about it.

1 minute ago, Paul said:

@Ade

Basically, the track was drying off, Will had stiffened my suspension a bit, I had all the aids off, was braking later and later and later for Wigglers, pretty sure this time I broke too late, made the left ok then on the right the back end just let go, car swung 180 degrees and my ass was in the barrier before I knew much about it.

If only there was an unlike button :( bad luck chap, but doesn look too bad.

8 minutes ago, Ade said:

If only there was an unlike button :( bad luck chap, but doesn look too bad.

I'm hoping not. It's already cost me ~£500 in recovery, storage and transport fees just to get it to RRG. <_<

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm hoping not. It's already cost me ~£500 in recovery, storage and transport fees just to get it to RRG. <_<

Ouch!

Just now, Nicebiscuit said:

Is there anyone on this site who HASN'T binned their car on a trackday? (And no Lauren - you don't count because 'race driver')

I think pretty much everyone at Blyton apart from 2 people, haven't binned their cars on track.

5 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Is there anyone on this site who HASN'T binned their car on a trackday? (And no Lauren - you don't count because 'race driver')

Lauren has come close - Croft one year I think? I've hit plenty of things on track, nothing solid and nothing more than a couple scuff marks.

@Paul - I'm with Rob in that it doesn't look too bad so hopefully the repair bill isn't too bad!

3 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

I've not and don't plan on doing so

3 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said: Is there anyone on this site who HASN'T binned their car on a trackday? (And no Lauren - you don't count because 'race driver')

I've not and don't plan on doing so

I dont think anyone plans to bin their car on track! 😂

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk