rob275

Competition Time! - Toyota Sports Day 2015 - 20th June

Hi Guys,

As most of you are probably aware Toyota are running a sports day on 20th June for which they ran a competition where you could enter to take part in this event.

See here the snippet from their blog post http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-sports-day-2015:

Essentially it will be a fun day out with various events

• Egg & Spoon Race
  • Penalty Shootout
  • Balance the Basketball
  • Barrel drift autotest

All of course, using cars, and no not yours! It will take place at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground in Leicestershire and food & drink will be provided

Toyota have asked 5 cars from the club to attend and take part, this is a unique opportunity of which due to the numbers in the club I am unable to just select people. It would be unfair! 

So here is a little competition for you, if you are available on 20th June then post up your best picture of your car and a reason why you should be selected to this thread.

Competition closes on Monday 1st June Midday and winners will be picked shortly after.

FB_IMG_1431800414563_zpslrutbu5p.jpg

I think I should be selected as my car had been highly modified, but with my own unique touch. The supercharger adds the power that I've always wanted from the car, and the exterior modifications make it an eye-catching spectacle whether it's stationary or on the move. All mods are done with a purpose, either to improve power, handling or purely for aesthetics

Looks like it could be fun, but I still have nightmares about sportsday which I don't want to re-live.

Also a note for calendars, 21st is TSS at Woodbridge with a track day available on the 20th.

Okay, Here is my entry, yes it's standard, but it will be immaculately clean come the 20th June.

I feel I would be a good representative of the club as I like to chat to everyone and hope i come across as friendly, I could also leave the Drivers club decals and track plates on, as well as also promote the TSS with there sponsors. Hopefully this will be a nice platform to attract others to our forum and the TSS. I could also capture lots of lovely photos on the day. Please don't rule me out because my car is standard I only live 5 miles away from the event. 

post-622-0-76695900-1432814845_thumb.jpg

Here is my best pic, not got many of my car surprisingly as I've not had it for that long but chose it as it was my first ever track session and had a cracking car to do it in

11059875_10153236851823076_3041967295218

I'll start off on a light hearted note, choose me so there can be a Subaru at a Toyota event, need to represent the fact that these cars came as twins :D

Now for part 2 of the reason and I'll apologise in advanced for the content as it'll sound like a BGT audition story so I'll keep it to a minimum but can say it's honestly true. A few years ago there was a life changing event in the familiar, more recently it got worse and the life lesson was to go out and enjoy life while you can so as I'm a big petrol head I thought I'd go out and get myself a nice car, one day as a GT86 drive past me on the way to work and like the look of it and I decided I needed one, found out about the BRZ and knew that its the car for me, especially after a test drive, I joined this club so I can make the most of the car and meet like minded people, take part in as many events as possible (such as this) to make the most of it and enjoy life whilst the opportunities are there.

My car is largely standard apart from HFC & catback + roof visor so nothing too impressive as of yet to look at however it's a work in progress with things in the pipeline once money is available and I'm more than willing to chat to anyone about it, more recently someone just stopped by and asked about the car when I was sizing up some new wheels and I chatted to him for at least 10 mins about the car and also what he is interested in

bit of a long reason and I cut a bit out to try and lessen the sympathy vote 

Why I should be selected:-

I'm Batman.

20150513_191624_Anne_Wave_Nolariod.jpg

"It's the GT86 the Drivers club deserves, the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's our GT86. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight."

- Lt. James Gordon

Here's mine

537D46A5-E97C-47B0-A646-3A4F36AC94ED.jpg

Hmmm why I should be picked is a tricky one... The car is mildly modded to be my perfect daily that I can hammer around track on a weekend yet still comfortable for drive home. The car has been built on a reasonable budget showing that it doesn't take a fortune to build your perfect vehicle to get from A to B and everywhere in between.

Plus it has a single exit exhaust, bright blue wheels, STi gurney flap repping the Subaru aspect and it would massively help break up my 5 hour drive to the hotel for the TSS the following day

Am I allowed to enter Rob? Cos I can play a lot of cards here.....I could play the race card (i.e. the Yellow card ), the sympathy card, I could do what Deacon did and play the Odd Job (or Random Task, your pick) card or just the pure fact that both myself and my car are awesome card

I would like to enter for this competition I am just a average guy with a average car but as a fully paid up member I would without doubt present myself to Toyota with tact and humble attitude. The photo I have chosen is when my car was being detailed by Exquiste Detailing Surreys premier detailing company but i must point out that the owner of this company has no connection with this event or carry any weight in its outcome but dont forget if you need your car detailing call this company on 1-800-DETAIL-ME for a top notch service. Thank you for your time.

post-312-0-23820400-1432924566_thumb.jpg

post-1091-0-81872100-1432930466_thumb.jp

post-1091-0-88064600-1432930524_thumb.jp

Why you should choose me?

Because I am the loudest moving object on the road :D (Faith can vouch for me on that ;) )

EDIT: Just found out I can't go Rob as I am away for the weekend with work so ignore my entry! Good luck to everyone else though :)

Since the umpire has deemed me fit for purpose here are my cards:

The Yellow Card(s):  That's right....both of them!

11259348_10153236941903076_8733596241644

Sympathy Card:  Plus it'll be the first anniversary of my grandad's death on the Sunday so I will win for him and the club!

10633406_10152996496292018_1069312643978

And lastly "I AM ODD JOB" Card!!!:  You know who to Vote for!!!

1374172_10152080103067018_297349129_n.jp

After reading the entries, "I'm Batman." made me laugh the most :D

I won't be entering, 'cus I'm planning on being pissed that day ;)

Faith - what makes 20th June different than any other day..?

(Alas, I am entered for the trackday at Woodbridge ro I would have enjoyed entering the competition..)

".... a GT86 upped the quality of my life.  Up yours... "

Spec K