Keethos

Midlands Meet - Sat 21st February

Hey all,

I think it's about time that we midlanders get together for a midlands meet and I'm thinking roughly around mid to the end of February, especially since we seem have have now gained a couple of new members in the area. Since there's a club trackday at the start of Feb followed by valentines day the week after, I'm thinking we could have a midland meet the week after that i.e. Saturday the 21st of Feb.

Here's my suggestion, DC-6 Diner in Coventry on site of the Coventry Airport:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.3680272,-1.4887296,794m/data=!3m1!1e3

The diner is actually inside a old school aeroplane, think there will be sufficient parking around that area as well as a nice view with some aeroplanes and what not in the background for some nice pics and heard the food wasn't too bad either. Here's their website - http://www.dc6diner.com/ The restaurant is open from 12:00 till 15:00 so if people don't have any objections, meet up at say 11:30 and when closer to the date, I'll book tables for us for 13:00, after which we're free to do whatever then, chat, wonder around, checkout the aircraft museum or have a cruise around some of Warwickshire's finest roads!

Confirmed Food:

01 - Keethos
02 - Quball
03 - Will300
04 - Rob
05 - Faith
06 - Mike
07 - Markinstoke +1
08 - Steeps
09 - Deacon +1
10 - Galaxian +1
11 - Kristov4
12 - Gremlin

13 - Keelerad

Total People = 16

Attending but not eating:

13 - Pitman
14 - TankGirl
15 - Tareim

Still Uncertain:

16 - Tweedbean
17 - Nigelr32
18 - SkallyB
19 - Musketeer
20 - Minion
21 - Test Drive Unlimited

As there doesn't seem to be any objections to checking out the DC6 Diner, I've rang ahead to see if we can book this many people, they said not a problem but we will need to pre-order the food for them so for those who would like to have something to eat, please check out the menu from the link below and let me know what you'd like:

http://www.dc6diner.com/PDF/menu26012015162155.pdf

Funny you post that Keith, I wss thinking the same thing yesterday afternoon its about time for another meet.

1 - Keethos - 21st or 28th

2 - Quball - 21st or 28th

LOL, you Oriental Mental Rob?  Like the old Asian Persuasion aye?   :lol:  Technically not a Chinaman cos I was born in Coventry and my folks are from Hong Kong but I get what you mean  :P  What days my friend?

I'm always up for a Midlands meet.  Only have my off-duty up till 22/2/14.

So I can defo do the 21st, but would need to leave by 5pm as on night duty.  I won't know about the 28th until the end of Jan, when my next off-duty comes out, so that would be a maybe :)

Looks like we've got a few interests here which is nice, but I'm expecting more people!  Where are you Deacon?  TankGirl?  Pitman?  Who else is from around the Midland area?  Markinstoke?  Chris@Tarmac Sportz?

Nigelr32, SkallyB and Tweedbean, can you guys let me know which of the two days you can make it please?

So anyone have any objections to meeting at the DC6 Diner in Coventry then?  Anyone else have any other suggestions perhaps?