smudge

Smudge's supercharged V8 build

On 10/04/2016 at 8:44 PM, SL03JOE said: Ah I see, well when the time comes to it we will see dude

You kniw that 'weapons grade performance ' do an ls swap kit right? Makes it as easy as wiping your arse

Yeah but £10,000 (after shipping and import tax) for a conversion kits just ridiculous!!

Smudge is right a good LS engine is a lot of money, but I'm looking to sell them oem engine to cover cost of the LS. So only cost will be making it work! Haha

4 minutes ago, SL03JOE said:

Yeah but £10,000 (after shipping and import tax) for a conversion kits just ridiculous!!

Smudge is right a good LS engine is a lot of money, but I'm looking to sell them oem engine to cover cost of the LS. So only cost will be making it work! Haha

You won't get anywhere near the cost of an LS engine for selling the FA20 mate. OEM engines go for around £2k at the moment and that's if you can find a buyer 

4 minutes ago, SL03JOE said: Yeah but £10,000 (after shipping and import tax) for a conversion kits just ridiculous!!

You won't get anywhere near the cost of an LS engine for selling the FA20 mate. OEM engines go for around £2k at the moment and that's if you can find a buyer 

Oh yeah I know, but I meant it will cover some of the cost! Although I do have a mate that can get create engined LS kinda cheap! But still

Undecided wether to go the same route as you, but we'll see in time!

7 minutes ago, SL03JOE said:

Oh yeah I know, but I meant it will cover some of the cost! Although I do have a mate that can get create engined LS kinda cheap! But still

Was just checking lol 

I looked at the LS route and you're talking £15k plus for all the parts and labour done properly. Just too much for me

7 minutes ago, SL03JOE said: Oh yeah I know, but I meant it will cover some of the cost! Although I do have a mate that can get create engined LS kinda cheap! But still

Was just checking lol 

I looked at the LS route and you're talking £15k plus for all the parts and labour done properly. Just too much for me

Yeah well I'm hoping to do most of it my self! I'd love to do a 1jz or RB lump but it can easily spiral out of control! Plus I love the noise of an LS lump

I see no reason as to why you would pick an LS over a 1UZ, it will just end up costing you a fortune for no viable reason. 1UZs are reliable and can take big power on stock internals, not sure what else you would want.

Dimensional the 1UZ is better suited to a twin too.

3 hours ago, Varelco said:

I see no reason as to why you would pick an LS over a 1UZ, it will just end up costing you a fortune for no viable reason. 1UZs are reliable and can take big power on stock internals, not sure what else you would want.

Dimensional the 1UZ is better suited to a twin too.

Exactly. When you weigh up cost, reliability, tunability etc...the 1UZ is the obvious choice for me

2 hours ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

Out of interest, what about a 2JZ swap?

2JZ is a lot of money for the engine and a 6 speed box, and that's if you can even find the 6 speed box!

It's a heavy lump too as the block is made from iron. The 1UZ is pretty much the same weight as the FA20 with it being aluminium

2JZ is what all the dragsters do for epic power, but I'm just not a fan for a weekend/track car

Hey Smudge, was just interested, how much did that steering wheel set you back? Ballpark figure is fine, can't see it on the Tarmac website. :)

On 30/04/2016 at 10:39 PM, CanaryWundaboy said:

Hey Smudge, was just interested, how much did that steering wheel set you back? Ballpark figure is fine, can't see it on the Tarmac website. :)

Hub, quick release and wheel was around £350 I think mate

3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Just a thought, but why change the final drive? Is it to help the diesel box gearing? 

Yep. The standard FD probably would have been fine but this will just enhance it ;)