Deacon

Deacons '86

8 minutes ago, Tom B said:

Looks good Jeff B) Do you get much scraping with it being so low? Would like to lower mine some more but don't want it to be impractical. 

Cheers! 

That's actually quite high for how it has been! I take it easy on speedbumps but no problems otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Tareim said:

They really do suit the car, would look even better in a proper colour rather than chrome lol

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Well my dad knocked one over and obviously it had to land on its face so a refurb has gone from likely to a certainty now! I'm thinking red. Pain in the ass having a sloping drive so having to do car stuff at the parents! 

Would be interesting to get your thoughts on that Jeff. Heard lots about them, mostly good. Something I've been personally considering for some time, given the price.

1 minute ago, S18 RSG said:

Would be interesting to get your thoughts on that Jeff. Heard lots about them, mostly good. Something I've been personally considering for some time, given the price.

It'll probably go on in a few months with the other bits and pieces I've got stacking up but I'll definitely update once it's on 👍

Did a good long run in the car today with the new manifold on. It's definitely improved the torque dip - really noticeable when accelerating on the motorway in 6th. Should be interesting to see the results after @Mike@TD.co.uk and Nick have worked their magic. It also makes an epic noise. But unfortunately too much of it for my taste - the combination of the manifold and the (already quite loud) non res cobra is too much for me (and, I fear, most tracks) so a new exhaust is on the cards I think.

My phone mic hasn't done the greatest job of capturing this but you can tell it's a touch loud on cold start. I'm glad (and I imagine my neighbours even more so) that I have the full cold start mapped out!

5 minutes ago, Deacon said:

I've got one - you should have said and you could have borrowed it mate!

have you used it to test what yours is currently doing?

Did a few sound meter checks today with @will300 and @Keethos. Held at constant revs for a static style test Keith's car was the loudest around 103, mine was a little below Keith's and Will's was the quietest at about 100db's. This was measured following the MSC instructions for a car with twin talepipes of central between the tailpipes and half a meter away at a 45° angle.

Will also jumped in with me for an inside measurement. Cruising sat around 72db, normal acceleration around 80db and harder acceleration around 85db.