LFA

LFA's Blog

We have now fitted a brz to the engine.

imagejpg1_zpsfa3000ed.jpg

And whilst perusing the inter web I have identified a similar built project taking place at Possum Bourne in NZ.

10313777_772262669471963_228494291140697

Going to have a dig around to see what I can find out.

Good that's it going back in. Just went through the thread, what have Abbey actually done apart from fit a new sump?

I just couldn't find any details anywhere. 

..... that's all you need ;)

It's all about the area under the curve, not headline figures ;)

I hope you'll be posting the dyno results?

Stock header or aftermarket?

I presume no primary cat to get to 300hp?

It's all about the area under the curve, not headline figures ;)

I hope you'll be posting the dyno results?

Stock header or aftermarket?

I presume no primary cat to get to 300hp?

Yep, I'll report back with results and I think we are sticking with the existing header arrangements.

300 was a bit of a plucked from the air figure, but my real aim is to improve performance out of low and medium speed corners on track.

Secondary cat went ages ago ;)

Picked up the car today :) First impressions on the Abbey engine build; very good.

600 miles of restraint ahead of me then it's back for further mapping work and smaller pulley.

Oil pan looks very nice in the flesh; very solid.

I'm a big fan of detail and I'm still loving the stealth oil coiler ducting by Abbey.

image_zpsd0d75852.jpg

This is bar far the best modification anyone has done for me. A s.c kit plus a built motor. Out done all even big power turbos. Good job l.f.a and mark we need to talk after my s.c install.. Liking this indeed!

Awesome stuff Ed, sooooo......what exactly have you had done to your car now? Full details please :P

Forged pistons and rods; lower compression 10.5:1. Oil cooler and larger baffled oil pan. Catch can in development.

0132E669-06A8-4BE8-B1BD-F3EEEA8DFC7B_zps

Just as an aside, I borrowed the keys to a 2014 wrx sti this morning from my local Subaru dealer and took it for a 10 minute drive.

Whilst it was mighty quick, I couldn't help thinking about how out of place the power delivery would feel in the BRZ and how relatively more challenging it would make the car to drive. Ok I was on 'Sport Sharp' or whatever the agressive sti map is called, but the delivery was just on or off, just a touch of the throttle meant full beans !!