LFA

LFA's Blog

I would deem the compressor unit as what I pictured above, of which the screws are internal. When you said the 210 was an internal swap out, I assumed you meant opening the compressor up. AFAIK you would just unbolt the 210 compressor unit and bolt on the 210+. The unit itself is listed on the Sprintex price list as an individual part but the internals aren't. Also means that you can sell on the original unit.

Yes your so right rob!!! But at least I can honestly say its money not wasted as I've really slept on it and for me s.c is the only way to f.I my 86. More drama and theatre to the way it feels. Totally me...

Tell you what Keith when the 210plus is released and you can't just upgrade parts you can buy my 210 used : ) but going on how robs car drives I'm sure the 210 is enough power for the average weekend warrior! Ie me.. Might not even upgrade. Well not for 20bhp i wont..Let's see the results, we need data first....

In July at some point Ian... Think mark is waiting on a order of chargers. No rush. At the moment I'm stuck teaching and giving demos so can't move any where : ) late nights and whole days.

The 210+ kit is a stock charger with coated compressors will make

more boost with the same size pulley.

Some reference to ongoing 210 plus R&D on the Sprintex FB page at the mo.

The German stuff? I had seen that...... I just can't read German.

I know that there's been a test car in Aus for some time, which is why I'm a little surprised it's taken this long. Maybe a lengthy test time is a good thing though.

The German stuff? I had seen that...... I just can't read German.I know that there's been a test car in Aus for some time, which is why I'm a little surprised it's taken this long. Maybe a lengthy test time is a good thing though.

Just before the nicked german motor item; just a snippet , but at least it is real. They also have a linky to the Possum Bourne track project which is using a sprintex unit.

Sorry I don't have the talent to link it through!

Back to Abbey this week for smaller pulley, tuning and catch can.

Then some track time I think..... bit of Brands maybe.

Done around a thousand miles of gentle :ph34r: running in on the new built motor and you have to admire how the Sprintex unit improves the appeal of the car even for day to day driving. Just having decent in gear acceleration in 5th and 6th makes for a handy overtaking tool and gives easy pace pick up in UK A road and motorway conditions.

Loving the little turbine whistle you get at low revs :D  :wub:

I'd say low comp is definitely good for torques and Abbey have done a great job on the tune. Pulses really well now but still nice and balanced.

EO12SC_2a_zps325b5050.jpg

EO12SC_1a_zpse1320044.jpg

Nice stealthy catch can

857232A5-8E98-4B12-81DD-E4BEA072BADF_zps