TTR

Pistonheads Sunday Service 2017 (Silverstone 29/10/17)

33 minutes ago, vanko25 said:

I got in the Top 500 today. Probably won't get a badge as they've been sent yesterday. Do you think they will let me in? 

I think I have a spare badge. 

@TTR I just read on the PH forum that they do a sweep up on Saturday too and send out emails to the people that don't have one. I will wait a bit until later on and give you a shout if I need one. I would like to meet you guys in the morning before going, are you still meeting up at the same place? 

15 minutes ago, vanko25 said:

@TTR I just read on the PH forum that they do a sweep up on Saturday too and send out emails to the people that don't have one. I will wait a bit until later on and give you a shout if I need one. I would like to meet you guys in the morning before going, are you still meeting up at the same place? 

Indeed we are. Towcester McDonald's. 

38 minutes ago, vanko25 said:

I have a couple of printouts so if you need one tomorrow I'll have one :) 

Would everyone be ok to push back 30 minutes to 0815 at the Towcester McDonald's? Just seen that there are indeed multiple track briefings, so don't need to turn up mega early! 

Would everyone be ok to push back 30 minutes to 0815 at the Towcester McDonald's? Just seen that there are indeed multiple track briefings, so don't need to turn up mega early! 

0815 is fine with me too

Seems like I'm not going to be able to sell my track session after being messed around by a few guys on PH so if anybody want's a free track session (10:45am novice) let me know. Rather it be used by one of you guys than go to waste.

1 minute ago, HariboPenguin said:

Seems like I'm not going to be able to sell my track session after being messed around by a few guys on PH so if anybody want's a free track session (10:45am novice) let me know. Rather it be used by one of you guys than go to waste.

One of my mates coming tomorrow will probably be up for having that session? If you're definitely fine with that haha. 

1 hour ago, HariboPenguin said:

I ended up not selling mine but have paid to insure car for morning so would be up for this is doesn't get taken, you could passenger if it helped make you feel better? 

25 minutes ago, Mikey P said:

I ended up not selling mine but have paid to insure car for morning so would be up for this is doesn't get taken, you could passenger if it helped make you feel better? 

If @TTR's friend ends up not wanting it then you're free to have it. :) I'll be at the Maccies meetup beforehand so can give the papers to whoever there.

1 minute ago, Lauren said:

Was that the undertray, you mean? How did you manage that? 

The thing that covers the front pipe. Honestly have no idea what happened. Ripped itself off when I was going down hangar straight. 

2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Ah the aluminium one? The sump guard then! Sounds like it wasn't on properly. That shouldn't happen. 

Not the aluminium one. The plastic one. But yeah don't think it was on properly tbh. 

Guess my car just has a Dynamic weight saving feature. 

It was fortunate that I did my positive shifting Powerflex bush yesterday so knew where all the bolts are. :D As Tash said early on today it could be because the aluminium one is not fitted on the car. 

It was a great day though. Even it pissed down most of the time enjoyed it a lot! Great chat with all of the guys. 

Somehow all the plastic rivets popped off whilst he was tracking it, no idea how all of the managed to come out, just the 3 10mm bolts left holding it on so quickly jacked up and removed the and as good as new. Good job @vanko25 had longer arms than me to reach the bolts ;) 

I believe the front part of thr tray was ripped off when caught on something. At the front should be more 10mm bolts. How exactly happend I don't know :D

2 hours ago, vanko25 said:

As Tash said early on today it could be because the aluminium one is not fitted on the car. 

I'd say that's definitely likely. They are both designed to smooth airflow under the car and it does attach to the metal tray. If you remove the metal tray, you lose the main fixing points and then subject it to turbulent air.