TTR

Pistonheads Sunday Service 2017 (Silverstone 29/10/17)

4 minutes ago, vanko25 said:

Thanks for answering @Minion. Will wait for TTR to say his expert opinion. I have been on the list for a while and moved a bit, though I am not seeing myself going up anymore as we are very close to the weekend. 

Unfortunately you won't be able to park with us, but you could be cheeky and park elsewhere in Silverstone (outside the circuit) and walk in. Or one of us could come and pick you up if there's a spare seat going! 

Cheers for the answers guys! I will keep my eye on the list and if decide to come even not on the top 500 I will give you a shout! @TTR hopefully your car won't be too loud for the track :D

35 minutes ago, Deacon said:

You can only attend if you make it into the 500 I'm afraid. You'll find there are lots of drop outs closer to the time though (I.e. Thursday / Friday). If you aren't in the 500 you won't receive the badge you need to display for entry.

Do you just receive the badge in an email then print it off before hand?

35 minutes ago, TTR said:

Unfortunately you won't be able to park with us, but you could be cheeky and park elsewhere in Silverstone (outside the circuit) and walk in. Or one of us could come and pick you up if there's a spare seat going! 

If anyone needed a lift in you'd be welcome 

36 minutes ago, vanko25 said:

Cheers for the answers guys! I will keep my eye on the list and if decide to come even not on the top 500 I will give you a shout! @TTR hopefully your car won't be too loud for the track :D

I still have my type 80 on so might win the loudest car award ;) 

15 hours ago, vanko25 said:

Just watched a video of a gt with type 80. Sound well loud :D Hope you're not commuting in it :D

Only from Grantham so not too far but might bring some paracetamol just encase ;) 

If anyone is looking for track time for this I would be willing to sell my 9.00am track season as the moris cheap track insurance isn't happening for this any longer. (So will now need a whole days cove for 30 minutes which seems excessive), let me know cost £43 but would sell for £30.   

I'm also looking to sell my track time (10:45am Novice Session) due to the cheap insurance promise no longer happening. I'd like to get my original £40 back if possible but open to offers.

Also they have said that those with track time booked don't need to be part of the 500 on the signup page now so if anybody hasn't made the cut yet and also wants some track time this is perfect.

I must admit, not doing the track session is sensible. There is no way I'd go on track with a load of billies who haven't got a clue what they are doing. If you want to go on track, do a track day. Much better option. 

Just now, Lauren said:

I must admit, not doing the track session is sensible. There is no way I'd go on track with a load of billies who haven't got a clue what they are doing. If you want to go on track, do a track day. Much better option. 

Disagree on this. PHSS is less full/generally free of your usual Trax/Japfest asshats, especially the novice sessions. Only seen one incident on a PHSS track session and that was a few years ago where a gentleman spun his 911 into the national pits wall. 

Fair enough, but no way I'd do it. The trouble is if I went out in the advanced sessions, I'd bet there will be a load of billies in that session who massively overestimate their ability. Choices and all that, but rather you than me. Just do it properly and do a track day. 

It's for the same reason I don't go on track at events like Japfest, unless we have an allocated session for the club. 

1 minute ago, Lauren said:

Fair enough, but no way I'd do it. The trouble is if I went out in the advanced sessions, I'd bet there will be a load of billies in that session who massively overestimate their ability. Choices and all that, but rather you than me. Just do it properly and do a track day. 

It's for the same reason I don't go on track at events like Japfest, unless we have an allocated session for the club. 

I was out in a passenger ride in an intermediate session and it wasn't a mess at all. There tend to be a few high value cars about too, so people keep it sensible so they don't end up writing off an £80,000 exotic. I completely get your reservations though (just have to look at what happened at Trax last year) but PHSS is a different kind of car enthusiast. Also you can't really argue with £40 to just give your car a shakedown for track season! :P

Just now, TTR said:

Just the National circuit. 

All five corners? :P Barely worth it! Whilst it's a lot of fun to race on, it's a bit meh for a track session. 

2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

All five corners? :P Barely worth it! Whilst it's a lot of fun to race on, it's a bit meh for a track session. 

National is a great test of brake feel for me. Especially Brooklands and Copse, really eager to see the feedback through the pedal carrying the brakes through there. 

7 minutes ago, TTR said:

National is a great test of brake feel for me. Especially Brooklands and Copse, really eager to see the feedback through the pedal carrying the brakes through there. 

Yeah braking is the best bit of driving.... :wacko:

6 hours ago, TTR said:

I was out in a passenger ride in an intermediate session and it wasn't a mess at all. There tend to be a few high value cars about too, so people keep it sensible so they don't end up writing off an £80,000 exotic. I completely get your reservations though (just have to look at what happened at Trax last year) but PHSS is a different kind of car enthusiast. Also you can't really argue with £40 to just give your car a shakedown for track season! :P

What happened at Trax last year? Was that when Faith crashed?

On 2/23/2017 at 3:58 PM, TTR said:

Are you guys all down south or up north? Could meet at Towcester Roundabout McDonald's?

Is this meetup beforehand going ahead? If so what time should we get there? I'm travelling down from the Midlands (Lichfield area) so can come from either M40 or M1 as there's only a mile difference in it for me.

16 hours ago, HariboPenguin said:

Is this meetup beforehand going ahead? If so what time should we get there? I'm travelling down from the Midlands (Lichfield area) so can come from either M40 or M1 as there's only a mile difference in it for me.

Can do. Will aim to get there for 0745.