dom2497

Boosted 86!!!

I have been waiting what feel a long time to post this, I have been wanting a GT86 for a few years now but always wanted a boosted one...

I have always loved Jap cars, I have owned 2 350z's and 2 RX7's... here is a pic of the last one:

27793093615_6b67a4f2a9_c.jpgCH_160614_SN_Cars_Evening_0256 by Dominic Martino, on Flickr

27725666491_eeceafe9bb_c.jpgDSC_8955-HDR by Dominic Martino, on Flickr

I always did all the work on the RX7's and built the last one up form a bare shell. Loved the cars but go to the point were I was sat with a rotary with low compression and I had run out of love, so with a heavy heart I broke the car with the mindset of getting something newer but just as fun....

Here she is:

31010330582_4dcf01e68f_c.jpg2016-11-21_12-07-39 by Dominic Martino, on Flickr

Quite a large spec on this car, HKS 2.1 Stroker kit, HKS cams, HKS supercharger etc etc.... Running 330 bhp at the wheels. Loving the car and it was well worth waiting for!

20 minutes ago, dom2497 said:

I have been waiting what feel a long time to post this, I have been wanting a GT86 for a few years now but always wanted a boosted one...

I have always loved Jap cars, I have owned 2 350z's and 2 RX7's... here is a pic of the last one:

27793093615_6b67a4f2a9_c.jpgCH_160614_SN_Cars_Evening_0256 by Dominic Martino, on Flickr

27725666491_eeceafe9bb_c.jpgDSC_8955-HDR by Dominic Martino, on Flickr

I always did all the work on the RX7's and built the last one up form a bare shell. Loved the cars but go to the point were I was sat with a rotary with low compression and I had run out of love, so with a heavy heart I broke the car with the mindset of getting something newer but just as fun....

Here she is:

31010330582_4dcf01e68f_c.jpg2016-11-21_12-07-39 by Dominic Martino, on Flickr

Quite a large spec on this car, HKS 2.1 Stroker kit, HKS cams, HKS supercharger etc etc.... Running 330 bhp at the wheels. Loving the car and it was well worth waiting for!

Is that @hashiriya's car? 

Yeah it is his old car. I will track the 86, I had too much fun in the RX7 on track not to do the same with the 86. RX7 had more power but was a large single turbo, will be interesting how the two cars compare. So far I am loving the 86, very similar to the RX7 in the way it feels and drives, not as raw but thats not always a bad thing....

Welcome aboard, Mas's old car. I remember chatting to him at JAE, he was talking about selling it. I expect you'll have some fun with that. I'm guessing it's running around 280bhp now it has an engine with stock internals in it? 

You should think about the TSS next year, give Rob a run for his money in the FI class and see if you can beat the NA's in the street class. :)

Just now, Lauren said:

Welcome aboard, Mas's old car. I remember chatting to him at JAE, he was talking about selling it. I expect you'll have some fun with that. I'm guessing it's running around 280bhp now it has an engine with stock internals in it? 

You should think about the TSS next year, give Rob a run for his money in the FI class and see if you can beat the NA's in the street class. :)

Thanks, its not running stock internals :D 

I might be up for the TSS once I get some trackdays under my belt, roll on spring!

6 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Please TSS, I need someone to play with.

If my car was boosted i'd join you.....But for the mean time i'll just have to work on beating Lauren next year :lol:.

10 minutes ago, TTR said:

If my car was boosted i'd join you.....But for the mean time i'll just have to work on beating Lauren next year :lol:.

Lauren beats most of the boosted lot too, so Rob is still the target :lol:

9 minutes ago, Ade said:

Lauren beats most of the boosted lot too, so Rob is still the target :lol:

What everybody doesn't know is that for the past year i've been meditating in a cave. Channeling my inner driving skills, i'm taking no prisoners in 2017!

Thanks for the warm welcome, I know the car has some history and others have had issues with the HKS kit. Frankly any car with nearly double the stock horse power is a gamble, I know that, it's the game we are in.

Anyway....

Took some pictures the other week I thought I would share, I will start my own thread soon.

04eecb5ef3639766db7bbe28a0afc164.jpg

16a00fee0c074639d6c283222155a2be.jpg

55866aeecea76aacd7eba5d73cff88c9.jpg

On 01/12/2016 at 11:27 PM, smudge said:

This is on it's 2nd set anyway isn't it?

Nope not that i'm aware of, something else happened to this car but i'm not entirely sure what it was now.