rob275

3rd September - Grasshopper lunch & social - South East

I think Chris was on Eagle F1's (I might be wrong though). 

The trouble is, I've learnt that when the tread gets low on the rear (and it does so much, much sooner than the fronts), the car gets really flighty in standing water at speed. I had some serious moments myself last year, then looked at the rears and realised they were barely legal.

So sorry to hear the news, Chris, what a nightmare. That looks like a lot of panel damage unfortunately, I Hope they repair it. Big hugs. x

First off, so glad that you're alright Chris and that you made it back in one piece.  I've never really stood about on a motorway by a crash scene before, not a very nice place to be (even if it's a great place to watch some very nice cars driving past), watching complete idiots do stupid things as they drive by, slowing right down thus causing people to honk and tailgate, people laughing, clapping, shouting random shit, even road rage and cutting each other up after forcing their way into another lane because they didn't bother filtering earlier and the people in line not willing to let people in.....what was worse was that these cars were getting closer and closer to my car as they pushed in as I used my car with hazard lights to divert traffic.....I'm sorry that this had to happen to you Chris and I'm sure these idiots really didn't help the situation either, just glad that you're unhurt (though I know you said you hit you head, everything OK otherwise?) and that no one else was involved.  Also, mega surreal being stood on a motorway with absolutely no cars about, turns out there was another crash further back behind us so they stopped all traffic and we couldn't see a car in site for a short while.

Also, sorry to hear about Sarah and Nigel, they too had a bump though very minor so lets hope everyone gets their cars sorted and back on the road again soon.

But a big shout out to Rob for organising this and a big thank you to all that attended, it was pretty impressive how many people actually turned up for a mini meet like this.  It was great to put some faces to new members though sorry I didn't get to chat to everyone, there was so much catching up to do.  Lets hope we can get another nice big mini meet together again sometime soon.

On 03/09/2016 at 6:55 PM, rob275 said:

Anyone heard from, Keith/will apparently there has been an accident on the m25.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Wasn't me and didn't see an accident . . just the usual car park before the Bridge.

Spec K

On 04/09/2016 at 10:29 AM, Lauren said:

I think Chris was on Eagle F1's (I might be wrong though). 

The trouble is, I've learnt that when the tread gets low on the rear (and it does so much, much sooner than the fronts), the car gets really flighty in standing water at speed. I had some serious moments myself last year, then looked at the rears and realised they were barely legal.

So sorry to hear the news, Chris, what a nightmare. That looks like a lot of panel damage unfortunately, I Hope they repair it. Big hugs. x

Agree with your views on the rear rubber, Lauren. I had 7mm on fronts and 3.5 on rears before road trip (to Anglesey to watch you lucky barstewards enjoy yourselves). Bought new pair and put them on front, giving 9mm on front and 7 on rear.

Chris - Contisport Contact 5's are your friend in the wet . . I've tried 'em all (apart from Lauren's choice at the moment - and she hasn't done a wet Sprint yet . .!).

Goodyears, Michelins, Yoko ADO5's . . for spirited n/a road use I'm sticking  with Conti's. It's the only tyre of bought twice . .

Chris - sorry to see the pics, fellah. Glad you are unhurt, that's the main thing. Everything else is mere metal. By the sound of it you were bl**dy lucky - four lanes ooc, a 360 doughnut . . and nowt was collected!  Wooooo !

(Faith will be proud of you . . AOL big hugs)

Spec K

Must've been scared s***less! Glad to hear that no serious injuries.

I can only echo the previous sentiments, you're OK, didn't involve others and it's a replaceable piece of equipment.

Hope you are back behind the wheel of a fuly intact 86 soon.