Ok, winters going on now so I can start looking at buying these ready for spring. 

https://www.performancealloys.com/wheel-details.aspx?id=544 

This site has them in 18x8 ET35 and ET45, probably ET35 is the one to go for. Does anyone know anywhere else that does these? This site does then for about £1400 but I've never used them before. 

15 minutes ago, LordGrover said:

Don't know about that style, but I bought my OZ from Rimstyle. Pleasure to deal with.

Had a look and they all seem to have a ET48 offset with no options to choose one with less.  

6 minutes ago, KobayashiMaru said:

Managed to see them in person so almost 100% this is what I'll go for. Only bit I'm not sure on is the centre bore. Demon Tweeks has it at 68mm,. Is that correct for the 86?
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/oz-racing-alloy-wheels/oz-racing-i-tech-alleggerita-hlt-alloy-wheels-set-of-4

Our centre bore is: 56.1mm, you'll need some adaptors.

Adaptor flanges are usually sold by alloy manufacturers I had mine delivered with the wheels I bought so it might be worth checking out whether that'd be the case with these... These alloys look very nice indeed! 

Just a warning, some people have melted the plastic spigot rings when they got the brakes really hot. Aluminium ones are a better choice in that regard. No easy to find in the UK, I got mine from ebay shipped from Australia! 

19 minutes ago, Ade said:

Just a warning, some people have melted the plastic spigot rings when they got the brakes really hot. Aluminium ones are a better choice in that regard. No easy to find in the UK, I got mine from ebay shipped from Australia! 

That was my worry whilst checking the ones I had, surely wheel manufacturers have foreseen the fact that there's a brake disc somewhere close to those wheels? 

When I picked them up first thing that popped into my mind was finding someone to fabricate them out of metal for me!

9 minutes ago, Igi said:

That was my worry whilst checking the ones I had, surely wheel manufacturers have foreseen the fact that there's a brake disc somewhere close to those wheels? 

When I picked them up first thing that popped into my mind was finding someone to fabricate them out of metal for me!

These are similar to the ones I got:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metal-Rim-Alloy-Wheel-HubCentric-Spacers-Spigot-Rings-73-1-x-56-1-Full-Pack-of-4-/131988775724?hash=item1ebb24e32c:g:nYsAAOSwal5YF5tQ

I did a quick search and couldn't find any 68mm-56.1 alloy spigot rings. 

When I used the plastic rings that came with my wheels 2 of them definitely shrank a bit (think the front ones...) as they would stick to the hubs and fall out of the wheels where as the other 2 would stick in the wheels like new. Not sure they'll actually melt but they'll definitely not retain the out of box shape/size!

You'd have to be extremely hard on your brakes to "melt" them. It'd be a different story if they were literally touching the disc, but they're not. Heat cycling can definitely mishape them though, I've seen that myself a few times. I guess that could cause them to break after all the expansion and contraction after lots of heat cycles.

At the end of the day though, it's not like spigot rings are structurally integral to the wheel assembly. They're just, in effect, a dampener to prevent some vibration through the wheel, and to help keep the wheel centralised. But the wheel is bolted down with 5 bolts, it's not like it's gonna be flopping around :P 

1 minute ago, S18 RSG said:

At the end of the day though, it's not like spigot rings are structurally integral to the wheel assembly. They're just, in effect, a dampener to prevent some vibration through the wheel, and to help keep the wheel centralised. But the wheel is bolted down with 5 bolts, it's not like it's gonna be flopping around :P 

This is a big misconception. If your wheel takes a big hit, they can move. The wheel studs are not designed to take a load in the that direction and can fail. 

In this case it better safe than sorry IMO. 

Regarding melting spigots, I wasn't referring to them turning molten, rather changing shape meaning you don't center the wheel properly. 

Properly torqued up, there should be enough clamping force to keep the wheel where it's meant to be but I still wouldn't rely on the studs to take a lateral load, for the cost, it makes sense to use the spigot rings or get wheels that have the correct centre bore.

Sigh...why does everything have to turn into a debate?

Nobody's saying wheels can't move, I said they're not "flopping around". That's a big difference. For the small amount a wheel can move, I'm sure some hard plastic is fine. They wouldn't be on sale if they weren't.

I'm not getting into another pointless debate anyway. That's all I'm gonna say.

Hmm, but if hit was big enough to overcome tension from fully torqued bolts/nuts, isn't there bigger chance for something else give in first? Be it wheel itself damage or bending somewhere in suspension?

20 minutes ago, Church said:

Hmm, but if hit was big enough to overcome tension from fully torqued bolts/nuts, isn't there bigger chance for something else give in first? Be it wheel itself damage or bending somewhere in suspension?

Possibly, but my better safe than sorry opinion still applies. For the sake of the costs of aluminium spigot rings its a no brainier rally. 

P.s. the issue of plastic spigots has been done to death and I wasnt trying to start a debate, rather give my view which is what forums are for.

Some evidence of stud failures here but my comments come from a friend who is a well respected chassis engineer.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45169

MSW in the UK could supply aluminium spigot rings as I got some from them for some OZ ultraleggeras I had.

Generally I've just used what's come with the wheel and never had any real problems with them - plastic or alloy. Obviously the best option is wheels with the correct centre bore as @Mike mentioned.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

I have some combined spigot rings with centre caps, in aluminium, that I got from the US forum. Only available for my wheels unfortunately.

TC105N-centering-caps.jpg

Do you have a link Rich? They would probably work for my Work's

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

They're actually super clean. Amazed these are a more popular thing for wheel companies to make. Obviously, for mass production it's easier to just supply a generic centre cap and generic spigots, but these can't be that expensive to make.

The original reason they appeared is because the Weds caps don't allow use of spigot rings, so some enterprising people over in the US designed these. They're really neat though, and cheaper than official caps!