Deacon

Official 86 / Brz 2017 update details

Link to the Toyota blog below:-

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/2017-gt86-new-york-auto-show

Key points seem to be new front bumper, rear lights and alloy wheels on the outside. On the inside new trim including alcantara binnacle cover and audio controls on the wheel. Retuned and uprated suspension but no engine changes.

So it's basically got Valenti rear lights then... Lol - they're going to be annoyed.

Generally I like it - overall shape of the front is better but there are some fussy details.

The wheels are still rubbish though. No idea why they don't offer a range of options there... They might as well get a few £s at purchase time rather than let the aftermarket boys coin in when nearly EVERYONE swaps them... :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think? I think the fronts better. More intake and less plastic, although the little milk teeth at the bottom are a little silly. Side vents also better and more BRZ like. Rear lights also good.

Wheels are a wasted opportunity though. Barely look any different and still weak.

I like the rear lights, not sure on the front, it just looks odd, the bonnet looks like it has a bit of a bulge in it?

That's just the lighting. The bonnets the same I think. Only the plastic panels have been changed...

31 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Do you think? I think the fronts better. More intake and less plastic, although the little milk teeth at the bottom are a little silly. Side vents also better and more BRZ like. Rear lights also good.

Wheels are a wasted opportunity though. Barely look any different and still weak.

Funny, I think the wheels look massively better than the 1st gen and the front is horrible.

2 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

So it's basically got Valenti rear lights then... Lol - they're going to be annoyed.

Generally I like it - overall shape of the front is better but there are some fussy details.

The wheels are still rubbish though. No idea why they don't offer a range of options there... They might as well get a few £s at purchase time rather than let the aftermarket boys coin in when nearly EVERYONE swaps them... :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if the lights are like Valentis.... these actually look ok.

If people start selling up these wheels then I'll happily have them as my road wheels.

There is that. If they want to sell more it needs to be quicker. Vauxhall have just launched a cooking spec Astra for under twenty k that's a second faster to 60. I know that's not primarily what the '86 is about, but it'd be nice to keep up with Vauxhalls... .

Actually I don't care if they do a factory option - just endorsing and warranting something like the Cosworth set up would do. Like Ford do with Mountune. The Cossie kit is not the cheapest, but if it didn't affect the warranty... TAKE MY MONEY

I think it's pretty much always the case that people say they don't like the look of mid-life changes until they get used to them. The rear lights do look good though, much better than the Valentis. Toyota don't get the whole wheel thing, as they always put too much offset on. But who keeps the stock wheels really? 

I think a better interior is much needed, it's always been too downmarket for the cost. I'd like to see pics of the interior though. Also just to add there are no problems with relfections from the instrument binnacle if you wear polarised sunglasses which is an absolute must when driving in sunny weather, so I've never understood why that is an issue. 

Brz suspension tuning on your new yota 86 for sure.

Presume the gash front end is to create corporate identity with some forthcoming ( equally gash ) front end .

Not enough for me to switch brands.;)

2 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Actually I don't care if they do a factory option - just endorsing and warranting something like the Cosworth set up would do. Like Ford do with Mountune. The Cossie kit is not the cheapest, but if it didn't affect the warranty... TAKE MY MONEY emoji3.png

They won't factory approve the Cosworth version. It will never happen. Cosworth have already tried. The Mountune kit on the Fiesta ST is just a mild upgrade to a car already with a turbo. The Cosworth SC is quite different in this respect, I would expect that's why.