Deacon

Official 86 / Brz 2017 update details

Not a fan of the front - looks like it is getting a BRZ-style gumshield.  Steering wheel boss looks much bigger than the current wheel and more appropriate to a saloon car.  

If those rear lights had been on the current model, I would not have changed to Valentis.  If those fender trims had been on the current model I would not have changed to BRZ trims.  So I have already got the bits I like, in effect.

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

Has anyone else noticed what appears to be a reversing camera on one of the rear images?

probably a US market promo image as the exhaust tips end before the bumper which is in their regulations

4 minutes ago, Tareim said:

probably a US market promo image as the exhaust tips end before the bumper which is in their regulations

True, then again the mention of having an 86 logo on the steering wheel suggests the entire thing is aimed at the US market and how the ending of Scion is being handled.

43 minutes ago, Lauren said:

This is surely going to be the same on the GT86, but interesting nonetheless! 

aEDhkZN.jpg

I've merged Deacon's thread into this one. Let's please try and keep one thread for the 2017 update. 

I put them seperately as one was the brz and one the 86.

4 hours ago, Deacon said:

I put them seperately as one was the brz and one the 86.

Yes, but the GT is likely to be largely the same in terms of instrumentation as we haven't seen any pics of the GT86 dash yet. I think the differences will be so slight between models it's likely easier to have just one thread. 

Good point, Mike, well spotted! But, that GT86 is a basic model one, so it may well be the case that the higher version gets the same screen thing going on as the BRZ.

Well that's interesting. I think I prefer the BRZ bumper, but the styling of the panel around the audio unit is a right mess, and I dislike the digital dash. If they were going to do that, I'd rather lose the frankly pointless analogue speedo and keep the fuel and temp gauges. Overall looks a mess.

The Toyota interior looks cleaner - note the much larger touchscreen on that...

46 minutes ago, daidaiiro said:

The (pointless/distracting) steering wheel controls/frippery seem to differ between the two images above too.

likely down to different models, the BRZ has a new digital screen so the right hand side controls that screen (possibly some other things too) most likely however the gt86 above doesn't have that screen and is missing the right hand side controls possible primo spec

I like the simpler controls. I do like having simple audio controls on the wheel though. Good to be able to skip tracks and answer phone... Some cars have just got a bit silly with it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ooooh indeed that TRD variant looks lush! shame the new standard one just doesn't look right with its new bumper! I also like how the steering wheel has minimal controls on it/ nothing except for the horn :P

Gotta say that TRD in red with the wheels and the brakes and everything looks the bollocks. Be tempted to trade mine in.

Like the TRD. But it's still a bit sheep in wolfs clothing if it's mechanically identical to the base model.

It's a bit like all those company BMW 318ds with the M sport kit on...

Oh, and the rear wheels are STILL the wrong bloody offset. Is it too much to ask to fill the arches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

Gotta say that TRD in red with the wheels and the brakes and everything looks the bollocks. Be tempted to trade mine in.

Most of that won't make it onto a UK TRD (if they sell one at all). The original JDM TRD was different to the UK spec.

7 minutes ago, knightryder said:

Most of that won't make it onto a UK TRD (if they sell one at all). The original JDM TRD was different to the UK spec.

Not necessarily, If you guys want that same spec TRD in the UK then the club can make it happen by voicing their opinion. TGB Silently read this forum and they are happy to take advice on models & future models.

29 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Not necessarily, If you guys want that same spec TRD in the UK then the club can make it happen by voicing their opinion. TGB Silently read this forum and they are happy to take advice on models & future models.

In which case can we have models like the 14r60 over here TGB? Please!!!!!

Or if not the full models then availability of the parts.

1 hour ago, rob275 said:

I doubt that it was a decision by TGB. A "full" TRD model would be well north of £30k, the brakes alone are £4k. Japanese manufacturers like to keep special models for their own domestic market. I doubt a request from TGB would see a change in that, as the feedback would likely echo those of all other markets. It already seems that the UK won't get the new spec engine and FD, although I hope those are misprints and not the final spec.

57 minutes ago, Deacon said:

In which case can we have models like the 14r60 over here TGB? Please!!!!!

Or if not the full models then availability of the parts.

Point in case.... 14R60 was a JDM only spec. How about the GRMN86? The same there. You can't even order those parts in Japan either unless you have one of the cars.

2 hours ago, rob275 said:

Dear Toyota,

Make a turbo version already!

Paul