Gringosteve

Which Xmas mod present

Just out of interest, what is the most cost effective performance gain? Exhaust and a remap? How much extra BHP would we be talking about and would you feel an improvement across the entire rev range?

If I go OFT I can remap as many times as I want as long as someone had created a similar tune.

I guess the question should be, will I get more for my money immediately by getting OFT or 2nd decat

Technically speaking, you can remap as much as you want with ECUTEK as well providing you have the cable. I'd probably go for the valenti's because I see little point in getting a random bit of pipe, i'd rather have a whole system, but it seems that's not an option. 

Technically speaking, you can remap as much as you want with ECUTEK as well providing you have the cable. I'd probably go for the valenti's because I see little point in getting a random bit of pipe, i'd rather have a whole system, but it seems that's not an option. 

it's not some random pipe though it will remove a big restriction in the exhaust

Not sure how much you'll notice just having the 2nd CAT removed, it'll probably be a bit louder but not sure you'll feel the difference.

The rear lights is a good start but the sad part is that you'll hardly ever see them, especially if you get the smoked versions as they just looked black out and can't appreciate the design unless the car is on, but it's aways nice following someone with them on :D

As for the remap, you'll probably notice the most difference with it but you might not get massive gains depending on who you get to remap it.  My map hasn't netted me higher numbers at the top end but has improved the mid range so the car does feel like it pulls more.  But like others have said, usually best to get it mapped once you've had all your other mods, but that's only to save yourself time and money, I've had 2 maps so far because I've added bits to the car since the first map as well as wanting to map certain things out like the high idling start up, I'll eventually have another remap when I eventually get a new manifold.  Yes I've technically wasted money by getting the car tuned a couple of times on the road where as I could have saved myself a couple of hundred pounds if I had waited but where's the fun in that, I do whatever I can do enjoy the car as much as I can.

Some cheap alternatives for you, a positive shift mount for your gear box, only about £30-40 and it makes the feel of the gear changes more solid, more...well....positive as the name suggests.  The other thing to consider which I think you have been looking for but don't know if you've purchased yet but a drop in air filter, you get a bit more induction noise and we've seen gains of 6bhp on a dyno day before.....but again, not sure you'll feel the difference though.