Mike@TD.co.uk

Northern Meet/Open Day @ Tuning Developments

Had a really good day chatting and laughing with old friends and meeting many new friends, the sausages were of a very good size and plenty of bacon, well done to Mike and the crew.

My lasting memory of today would be seeing Will shaking his head at my epic fail of a pull off, missed the 3rd gear again! Think I need to look out for an auto, anyway it got me a high score on the nobometer, D'oh.

The worst bit of today was the stop start slow drive down the m6

Anyway see you all soon

Mark 

Enjoyed that. Nice crowd. Learned a few new things too...

- Tango-ing a black BRZ really works.

- I like 57Getters even more than I thought I did

- Buddyclub rear lights look more subtle in real life than they do in photos.

- Celicas can be made to look terrifying even standing still.

- No matter what I do to my car it won't sound as nice as that AE86.

And a King Charles spaniel is good for at least another 5 bhp.

Thanks for hosting...

Great day, LOL, Jo! Good to meet you, hopefully you can join us all for a curry night when I organise it! 

Yes, the sound of that 4AGE in my AE86, I never tire of it, I admit. :)

And Indy is proven to add power. It is interesting that I got more peak power than the two remapped NA's. I'm not mocking and they probably have better power curves than I do, but I would have expected a remapped car to make better power than one without even at peak power. So the likelyhood of me having a remap is dropping I think. 

Was good to see everyone and yes, great getaway, Mark! ;)

The food was good and it was nice catch up with Mike and the crew. We'll have to get you, Nick and Gary out for a winter curry sometime. Thanks for putting on a great day. I was pleased to see that both of my cars are in good health. The AE86 was far from optimised but it's a rebuilt engine that has only just been run in, so great to know nothing is wildly out. :)

Also really impressed with my GT for making exactly the same power as it did two years at 10k miles and now with 64000 miles more on the clock! That's one good engine and it uses no oil at all. All I do is ensure it is well maintained and enjoys the care of RRG Macc'. It's not had an easy life either with three sojourns round Europe and the Alps and two years of the TSS. Happy days. :) 

Great day seeing everyone again even if I was in my usual morning state of being extremely hungover! 

Now back in the pub coming up with a plan for that turbo kit!! Thinking playing the lottery until my birthday (26th of Feb) if I don't win by then I'll bite the bullet for a loan :huh:

Massive thanks to Mike for setting this up

Good to see everyone. Well worth the 200mile trip last night with Adam and the hotel was awesome.

Today was great to see TD's setup - shame I'm not more local as it's definitely a company that I'd be happy discussing my plans with and letting them carry out the work. Very impressive setup

Some decent numbers on the dyno from the ones I saw. Sorry that we left fairly early but we wanted to get back to London at a decent time. Unfortunately that didn't happen...4.5 hours instead of the 2.5 it took to get up north on Saturday. Well worth it though

Big thanks to Mike and the team and also Rich at RRG for helping me with my plans for next week. Hope no one's ears are ringing from my exhaust....

This has been a great weekend from the drive up with Jordan yesterday the hotel being so amazingly cheep, the hospitality of everyone at tuning developments even if I have only just made it to Oxford services with another 130miles to go till I'm at work tonight, sorry Keith but I did enjoy teasing you with the wheels a tiny bit 😕 Mike I do look forward to seeing you again in the very neer future for a bit of tinkering 

Yeah a pretty good day, even if half the people who said they were coming didn't turn up and the M6 was choka on the way back with mega thick fog, even more so when Will and myself decided to take the back roads back part way down, Will did a fantastic job of keeping the pace going when you could see absolute bugger all.

A big thanks to Mike, Nick and the rest of the boys for hosting this open day, nice BBQ, drinks, dynos and especially the ride in the TD86, very nice kit...and the noise.....waaaaahhhhhhh tootootoot....sounded awesome!  It pulled very nicely, very smooth, linear, and did I mention the screamer pipe?  WAAAAAHHHHH tootootoot :D I'm a big kid......

Great to see some familiar faces and some new ones too, hope to see and chat to you all again sometime soon!

@Adam, you're a bugger and have stolen my precious wheels, I want them back!!!

@Lauren, Adrian mapped my car on the road so I'm assuming it's tailored more towards the feel and the mid range pull (i.e. narrowing the torque dip) rather than chasing peak power, but I'm sure you could achieve that still from a remap if that's what you wanted (correct me if I'm wrong Mike).  What I find a lil strange is making less power than before the more recent remap which included mapping out the high start idle and other tweaks due to new areas of the EcuTek software and my crash.  I know you said that the crash wouldn't cause a loss in power but this might be a bit of a long stretch but what happens if something isn't completely straight and things aren't rotating as freely as before (we're obviously talking really minor), either that or Adrian's latest map has somehow reduce the overall power, either way, I've never really be chasing numbers to be fair and I like the extra bit of pull mid range, plus I'll be needing another remap as some point in the near future if I get a new manifold so we'll see.

I've posted up pics in the pics section - http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/3262-tuning-developments-open-day-011115/

Edited by Keethos

Keith, I dont understand how anyone would expect a remap to lose them power. My best guess is that your second remap lost you power. Jamie's was low too. If my car was remapped I would expect it to produce more power, not less. 

On the other hand, Adam's stage 3 turbo made within 3bhp of what Adrian said it would, which is impressive. 

I think this is telling me that a remap without using a rolling road is not the way to go. I don't want to remap my car and lose power! 

I'll have to get mine up to TD and run as I'd guess I'm probably the closest with an Abbey map?

Gutted I couldn't make it but sounds like it was a good day (we'll, apart from the fog and traffic anyway!)

What a great day. Brilliant to meet all of you, and it was great to learn such a lot about the GT86 as well. Such a awesome group of car enthusiasts! I didn't get chance to sample the fine cuisine however the smell was hypnotic, I think I was buzzing too much off the multiple coffee's I had early on. So many beautiful GT86's, and Laurens AE86 just sounded incredible. The look of temptation on all those who went out in Tuning Developments turbo'd GT86 just goes to prove how good the kit is, I see a sudden rise in loans this month ;)

Was great news from the dyno for me also having an awesome 323bhp, so close to its estimate. But more importantly, I got to see the flame from the exhaust. Another tick off my bucket list. Looking forward to another meet in the near future. Thank you for your hospitality to all at Tuning Developments!!

A huge thank you from all of us here at Tuning Developments to everyone that came down yesterday, the weather held off for us and we enjoyed hosting the day massively!

Special thanks for those who came from extended distances to be there, that's some commitment! :)  I hope you felt it was worth the travelling time.

It was great to see some familiar faces again, and also to meet a lot of new people too. I think we counted 21 cars at one point? (including the AE86) so it was an excellent turnout :) 

Those that came on the test drives, hope the turbo experience didn't disappoint any of you. The smiles and giggles from some of you gave the impression that its good fun anyway :D :lol:

Thanks again to all, was a really good day. We'll do another one next year at some point.

Thanks

Mike

What a great day. Brilliant to meet all of you, and it was great to learn such a lot about the GT86 as well. Such a awesome group of car enthusiasts! I didn't get chance to sample the fine cuisine however the smell was hypnotic, I think I was buzzing too much off the multiple coffee's I had early on. So many beautiful GT86's, and Laurens AE86 just sounded incredible. The look of temptation on all those who went out in Tuning Developments turbo'd GT86 just goes to prove how good the kit is, I see a sudden rise in loans this month ;)

Was great news from the dyno for me also having an awesome 323bhp, so close to its estimate. But more importantly, I got to see the flame from the exhaust. Another tick off my bucket list. Looking forward to another meet in the near future. Thank you for your hospitality to all at Tuning Developments!!

Good to put a face to the name Adam, impressive figures from your dyno run :)

Big thanks to Mike and the team and also Rich at RRG for helping me with my plans for next week. Hope no one's ears are ringing from my exhaust....

WHAT? I can't hear you...

A huge thank you from all of us here at Tuning Developments to everyone that came down yesterday, the weather held off for us and we enjoyed hosting the day massively!

Special thanks for those who came from extended distances to be there, that's some commitment! :)  I hope you felt it was worth the travelling time.

it sure was worth it, you've got a true Jeckell and Hyde car there, so tempting to have a kit :)

Good to put a face to the name Adam, impressive figures from your dyno run :)

You too mate, and cheers, I'm extremely chuffed. Loving your car and the current wheel setup, and that sound is immense!

Keith, I dont understand how anyone would expect a remap to lose them power. My best guess is that your second remap lost you power. Jamie's was low too. If my car was remapped I would expect it to produce more power, not less. 

On the other hand, Adam's stage 3 turbo made within 3bhp of what Adrian said it would, which is impressive. 

I think this is telling me that a remap without using a rolling road is not the way to go. I don't want to remap my car and lose power! 

I can understand why someone would expect less power (Adrian's Celiac was detuned by customer request after he sold it) but I never said I expected it to happen, just saying it might have been from either the remap and questioned if the crash could had caused anything.

You too mate, and cheers, I'm extremely chuffed. Loving your car and the current wheel setup, and that sound is immense!

I fear it won't be as immense soon :( although the full exhaust system will allow me to have it properly mapped...has it's ups and downs lol