Mike@TD.co.uk

Northern Meet/Open Day @ Tuning Developments

I can understand why someone would expect less power (Adrian's Celiac was detuned by customer request after he sold it) but I never said I expected it to happen, just saying it might have been from either the remap and questioned if the crash could had caused anything.

I guess though it's a bit different with a 700bhp Celica though! But I don't understand why anyone with an NA would want less power if you see what I mean from a remap? Doesn't make sense. I'd want more which is what I expect everyone else would want too. I don't think your crash is relevant to this. Also Jamie made even less power. I've no idea if his exhaust doesn't help, but overall I admit I'd expect more. 

My NA remap made good power over a stock car (over 10bhp at the hubs) and that was just with an air filter and remap. You can lose power if it's too aggressive or not aggressive enough, it helps if you can monitor the tune to know what's happening though ;) With something like ECUtek, there's no reason not to.

Dyno tune clearly has it's advantages, especially when changing manifolds. Unless you spend a long time finishing a road only tune, it'll have it's limitations.

Was a good day, good to see some of the usual suspects and to meet some new people as well, 

Good chance to catch up with Mike, after running there turbo kit for a week now.

I should of ran mine as it has been remapped on a dyno with hks filter and full milltek with overpipe. But mine is auto box and I wanted more torque and power smoothed out so its 211bhp (171 bhp @ wheels) 168.5 lb/ft and would of been interesting to see readings on different dyno. It seems that early ones have more power than 2013 onwards and but dyno time is best way to get remapped properly.

I fear it won't be as immense soon :( although the full exhaust system will allow me to have it properly mapped...has it's ups and downs lol

Well I'm sure your neighbors won't mind ;) and I'm sure it will still great with a full system. You will be able to go on more trackdays then!