Nicebiscuit

Bob the budget GT86

Went the long way home, via the triangle. It's a bit greasy in the primacies at the moment, what with snow on the verges and a ton of grit dropped everywhere, but still fun. Quiet too mostly; A523 was a dead loss, but just one wagon on the cat and nothing on the A54!

Bonus interest from wheel spinning trying to do a hill start on Hibel Road in macc. :D

Both the enkei wheels look good Joe, I originally wanted something similar to the ones above (the black with polished lip):

dfa2d998-78ac-4c45-bb93-ddc9f76d2475_zps

But it seems that these Rota's weren't available in the UK without a special order something so never really bothered hunting them down (did find them in the UK but not the size I wanted I think, hence the special order which required x number of orders before they would consider bringing them into the UK or something).

Nice though they are I think that anything much wider than stock on an n/a car will be too much. Of course with a supercharger bolted on that's a whole different story.

But that's for later. A lot later...

What I always say to my 10 year old, is 'if you still want it in a week, then I'll let you spend your pocket money...'

And they are the best looking of the modern looking wheels in my opinion. They look stock. In a good way.

Found a pic of the Enkei SR6s in 17x7.5. I like...

209e764cb22ea5eed71347ce29eb2303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A set of these, black badges, Toms rear lights and possibly a subtle rear spoiler and I'd have it how I want it.

(Once I'd also got the coilovers, exhaust and remap of course...)

I can see a silver ring no detail to the wheel at all, why black wheels don't do it for me.

You see the wheel in real life though - part of the problem is just photography - though I agree to some extent which is why black wheels need a polished rim. All black is too much.

You can get these with anthracite or bronze centres too. Bronze wouldn't suit a red car, but jury still out on the anthracite.

7 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

You see the wheel in real life though - part of the problem is just photography - though I agree to some extent which is why black wheels need a polished rim. All black is too much.

You can get these with anthracite or bronze centres too. Bronze wouldn't suit a red car, but jury still out on the anthracite.

bronze looks ok on a red car

attachment.php?attachmentid=39113