Nicebiscuit

Bob the budget GT86

Yes - I'd have to agree there... But I still haven't entirely come round to the JDM school of styling. Managed to avoid buying an Impreza for years due to the blue paint/gold wheels thing...

I think I'm chasing some sort of retro thing. This shot is gorgeous... Almost makes me wish I bought a white one.

Always a good sign that a car is basically well proportioned if it can pull off white paintwork...

63ccabf46384488c8ddca4f971bd58d2.jpg

Those black with polished rims look good, only gripe is they are way to flat on the face of the spokes for my liking but they look awesome on a white car nonetheless.

Know what you mean, but tempted though I am to fit something nice and wide with a bit of depth to the wheels, I really want to keep the wheel size near stock as I like the nimble feel from modest rubber.

I'm just aiming for a bit less offset to help fill the arches, and Yokohamas will give me the little extra grip I'd like. 7 1/2 inches wide about perfect... The inevitable coilovers will do the rest.

Still looking though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's sharp enough for me... We're not all racing drivers ;-)

But I would go as wide as 8". Will just depend on the fitment of the particular wheel I end up with.

Looks wise - 8.5 plus looks even better, but just too much for 200 bhp...

I've got 7.5" et35 (-13mm from standard) wheels with 225 tyres (V105) on mine and I love how it handles and looks, its spot on for me. You'd be more than welcome to try it if you'd like seen as you're close enough :) I'm not free until the 20th though...

You can have a go in mine too, if you like, I'm only up the road. That way you can compare and contrast.

Would probably be better if you had a go in mine. Might find out what it's capable of that way...

Oh FFS. Only in France for a few hours and already had an elderly wavy armed Frenchman reverse into my car. Yes the bumper is scuffed, but in the end just couldn't be arsed to argue... C'est la vie...

No. They were nowhere to be seen. Thus we could make rapid progress south.

One thing I noticed - everyone gets out of the way. I think they see something low and red approaching fast from behind, and it's only once I'm past they see it's only a Toyota.

As for the bump. Frankly if you want your car to stay nice, never go to France in it...

Sod it... It's what bumpers are for. If I fix it it'll only happen again...

Meanwhile having a LOT of fun. As everyone on here knows, RWD is perfectly good on snow and ice with the right tyres. Bob is handling the mountains beautifully. Have a gratuitous photo with a pylon in it...

a6a63b12c5b585fea9a754c7dd30bc24.jpg