Nicebiscuit

Bob the budget GT86

3 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

My wife is quite annoyed at me. She doesn't think that it's necessary to manoeuvre around the car park on opposite lock...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what? of course it's necessary in those conditions

Well... I've got me some summer wheels...

Nothing that exciting but tick the boxes for me - a little bigger, a little wider, a little less blingy and even a tad lighter than the stock 17x7s. Most importantly at a price far too good to pass up. Team Dynamics Pro 1.2s in 18x8 - Gloss black.

They'll still have to sit in the shed until the insurance runs out though...

Even at RRP these are pretty good value considering that they're UK manufactured. Plus they're properly drilled for Scooby fitment - no spigot rings here...

Nice to not buy something made in China for a change... (Says he typing on an iPhone... :-/ )

Of course I'll inevitably kerb the buggers within a fortnight...

Latest minor change...

I was in a right sulk because some moron had clouted my number plate. Twice

I'm sulky no more as Richard has fitted me a set of these rather spiffy new number plates they're doing at RRG now. Much better.

Also got my 10k service as well, and put my stock wheels back on (grrr) until the insurance runs out. Usual slick service as ever. Richard even offered to run my other wheels up in the van which was very nice of him

968e0c5e3ec26ff54592dc14cecbad23.jpg

ef6efbfe6a582f3c021f00f37b86ae50.jpg

I got a set of those plates fitted as well when my car was in a week or so ago. After I struck a pheasant on the way to Cadwell last November the front plate was looking a bit sorry for itself! Good improvement. :)

5afa941293e5143cc78dbab23f5fad41.jpg

Bob does his best Prius impression.

How about this then? Average reading for the 70miles of my regular slog up from Macclesfield to Blackpool. In traffic so steady 50mph on a roads, 70mph on motorway and no particular point hurrying.

I think that's mighty impressive for a n/a 200bhp two litre.

d1184125ac40a5b8c7a02330d056207e.jpg

Booted with very nice and improbably cheap set of Yokohamas (thanks @riceburner)

So gutted I can't run them yet. Trial fit coming up though to decide whether lowering is required before I buy some suspension bits...

Got a set of those being used as a table currently  

This I have to see...

I love 'em. Being a nineties touring car fan they're just the default go-faster wheel. Reasonably light, and British made too - which is nice.