Ztox

Ztox's Aero

Yea I was there on Thursday Ryder :) Spent most of the day walking around with Rob and Keith getting burnt!

Technically I personally haven't bought it yet Rob ;)

Lol James, I like that it works as 'get rekt' too. What I bought it for for 'gg/good game, rekt' but either works.

Thanks Tareim, hopefully it all works out. It all in the hands of James (Amber) and he seemed fairly confident. Getting it delivered to work so I don't have to suffer all day knowing it's waiting for me at home.

Bit of a delayed post as I've been very busy but last Wednesday I had all of this turn up at my work.

IMAG0600.jpg

Contained within were:

Tomei Expreme UEL manifold

Tomei Expreme over pipe

Tomei ExpremeTi Type 80 front pipe

Tomei ExpremeTi Type 80 cat back

Needless to say I was pretty excited so an unboxing shortly followed..

IMAG0602.jpg

Now I haven't seen many exhaust bits and I don't really know good from bad but it all looks like epic kit (verified by people when I had it fitted) and the titanium bits are insanely light.

I went and got the front pipe and cat back fitted last Saturday, just in time for Japfest thankfully.

IMAG0606.jpg

IMAG0608.jpg

IMAG0610.jpg

I don't think I can overstate how loud this thing is. Now I thought it would be loud but it's even taken me by surprise. There isn't really any escaping it and the drone is pretty fierce. That being said, I wouldn't change it for the world :D  :wub:  :wub:  I'm completely in love with it and now I'm looking forward to finishing it off with the UEL and the over pipe.

The only thing that makes me cringe a little at the moment are the cold starts in my garage first thing in the morning. It's earth shaking! If I up the revs by about 100 though it really helps and once it's calmed down the idle isn't particularly offensive.

I'm going to a couple of meets this weekend so I get to try it out some more and I'm most excited.

I may add to this later as it's been a bit of a rushed job at the end of my lunch  :lol:

Here's a (rather naff) pic of it standing at Japfest 2 to finish

received_10153361216856743.jpeg

I can confirm having followed him all the way to Cambridge... this thing is one loud mofo now! Almost made me miss my old sound, until I realised I didn't have to drop it down two gears every time I changed lanes ;)

Joking aside, I can't wait to get a spin in it once the manifold and overpipe are bolted on too with a tune mate :)

The front one is 406mm x 111mm (16" x 4.4") and I'm pretty sure the rear is 330mm x 178mm (13" x 7"). Can double check when I get home but I'm 95% sure that's what it is.

Haven't posted in here for ages, partly through laziness and partly because I haven't done a lot but some changes have been made in the past year (mostly the past couple of months) so I thought I'd do a little update. Maybe not so little...

The day before my last post I went and had the rest of the Tomei system fitted (over pipe and UEL manifold), a HKS panel filter dropped in and had the car mapped with EcuTek software. The torque dip was gone, shortly followed by my hearing :lol: One can't really exaggerate how loud this car is now and yet I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't stop smiling when driving the thing, it's absolutely hilarious to me and a year on I'm not sick of it in the slightest! I do wish it popped a little more but other than that, it's marvellous.

Then on the first day of October at 6 months old, it had it's first service. Such excite, wow.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED between then and it's second service at a year old on the last day of March this year, apart from me fitting some Grimmspeed hood struts over Christmas. I was struggling to think of something for the lady to get me for Christmas and these didn't cost the earth. I went for the Grimmspeed ones as I didn't want any of the cheap/generic ones and these seemed to fare better in comments etc than the GReddy ones that I originally wanted. They also have a nice dead zone in the middle too which will probably come in handy when I have something to show off under the bonnet and it's not windy.

At the end of May I started making some changes and ordered the smoked Valenti rear lights, bumper fog/reverse light and side markers. Unfortunately the bumper light was out of stock (turned out to be a 3 months odd wait). Despite getting this with the rear lights because I thought the rear would look naff with smoked rear lights and clear bumper light, I was too impatient/excited to get them on...

valentis.jpg

valenti-side.jpg

I'm not going to go in to the absolute nightmare that I had with the side markers but long story short I've only just got them fitted properly and sorted a few weeks ago! (2nd set too, knackered the first set with glue remover fml)

A few days later I finally got round to getting a cover on for the empty exhaust hole after what seemed like an eternity waiting for one. @James@Amber now supplies these if anyone else considers the single exit route.

hole-cover-1.jpg

hole-cover-2.jpg

I've always loved the single big exit on Japanese cars which is partly why I went for the setup I have. I wasn't too bothered about the empty hole but now I have the cover on I'll be the first to admit it looks a LOT better than it did.

Fast forward a couple of months to the end of last month (had to wait for an OOS item again) and I had these items fitted.

flex-a.jpg

summit-arm.jpg

Tein Flex A coilovers and Summit rear camber arms, I also had the Cusco headlight adjustment rod fitted too (which I still haven't adjusted :lol: oops...)

I then finally received the Valenti bumper light!!! After doing a bit of DIY rewiring of it's internals which I miraculously didn't balls up I got it fitted...

20160828_193042.jpg

20160828_192930.jpg

Oh yea, I painted both my Toyota badges black too which look fantastic IMO.

Absolutely love the smoked Valenti lights on a white car and now the bumper light is on too :wub::wub::wub:

The DIY wiring on the bumper light btw was to make the V light come on with the running lights, otherwise it only comes on with the fog light (triangle at the top). I was rather disappointed when I found out this was the default behaviour, also a bit scared of the prospect of doing a hack/mod on my brand new light but it all worked out well.

Here are some shots of how the car is sitting now, taken a couple of weeks ago...

IMG_0814.jpg

Front badge was still being painted, oops...

aug16rear1.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

aug16rear2.jpg

aug16rear3.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

And badge back on

black-front-badge.jpg

Car is lowered 30mm and has been set up with -2.5deg front and -2deg rear camber in preparation for my new wheels which had an 8-9 week lead time as they are made to order in Japan. This wait is almost over now and I'm glad because I can't hold on much longer for fear of bursting.

Car is really starting to get to where I want it visually now, once the new wheels are on I'll be extremely happy with it (bloody hope so anyway). Remaining external bits that will take priority are tinting the rear windows and wrapping the roof and front lip in gloss black. These will be done as and when along with things like a strut tower bar and P3 gauge as my next primary goal is saving for a Tuning Developments trip ;)

Think that's all for now, I'll do an update once the rims are on :D

5 hours ago, Minion said:

Looks incredible, I'm very very jealous :wub: How hard is that mod to do on the reverse light as I'd love to get one and do that but not sure if I'd be able to?

Wiring was pretty easy, took me about half an hour.

8 hours ago, Minion said:

Looks incredible, I'm very very jealous :wub: How hard is that mod to do on the reverse light as I'd love to get one and do that but not sure if I'd be able to?

Thanks :) As Kevin said, pretty easy. Usually everything that can go wrong, does go wrong for me and it was fine so...

4 hours ago, Lauren said:

Looks good, I did wonder why you had gone a bit deaf at JAE. :P 

Cheers, a whole year of punishment now haha!

28 minutes ago, Leosille said:

Does look epic, really want to hear this exhaust in person 

I think you got to the Tetsuya Tada meet after me and left before the majority of people so missed me trying to bring the roof down :lol: I'll let you know next time I'm down Rob's and we can meet up for a bit maybe.

12 minutes ago, TTR said:

It's the last thing you'll hear in your life :lol:

Eventually it'll be all I can hear, all of the time.

After a 10 week wait which felt like forever I got my new wheels at the weekend. :D

Work Emotion CR Kiwami 18 x 9.5 ET38.

Excuse the crappy pictures, they were taken on my phone and the lighting wasn't the best, they make the green look a little different too. The green was a bit of a gamble as they've looked different in every picture I've seen, but they are pretty much exactly as I'd hoped.

work3.jpg

work2.jpg

work1.jpg

Just waiting for the sealant and some tyres to arrive and they'll hopefully be on by the end of the week. :)

4 minutes ago, Ztox said:

After a 10 week wait which felt like forever I got my new wheels at the weekend. :D

Work Emotion CR Kiwami 18 x 9.5 ET38.

Excuse the crappy pictures, they were taken on my phone and the lighting wasn't the best, they make the green look a little different too. The green was a bit of a gamble as they've looked different in every picture I've seen, but they are pretty much exactly as I'd hoped.

work3.jpg

work2.jpg

work1.jpg

Just waiting for the sealant and some tyres to arrive and they'll hopefully be on by the end of the week. :)

Can't wait to see them on the car haha. I want the exact same but in Bronze!

19 hours ago, Bfranklyn86 said:

Did you sell your old wheels?

No, they are still on the car are for sale in the appropriate section of the forum. I'm in discussion with someone at the moment over a possible sale though.

Been really slack lately, have been meaning to post but yea...

Finally sorted the wheels last weekend and took a few quick pics before I put the car away.

Happy with the fitment etc, the only thing that bummed me out a bit was forgetting to give the tyre fitters the nice valves that Work sent with the wheels. Oh well, I have them for next time. I also got some Work RS-R lug nuts to complement them.

20161104_155014.jpg

20161104_154952.jpg

20161104_155026.jpg

20161104_155055.jpg

20161104_155130.jpg

20161104_155116.jpg