Ztox

Ztox's Aero

After a 3 month wait I picked my car up this morning, only to drive it 10 minutes down the road to drop it off with Definitive Detail to get all of my prep work done. Such a tease.  In love with it though, can't wait to get it back, all done up.

Here's a couple of pics, will get some decent ones up when I get it back.

IMAG0414.jpg

IMAG0418.jpg

Cheers guys  :)

I did think about it Rob and came to the conclusion that while I'm no longer a newbie, the car is. So I had fairly reasonable logic I think  :P

As soon as money allows James, the most likely first 2 things will be smoked Valenti lights and a HKS Hi-Power exhaust

Cheers guys  :)

I did think about it Rob and came to the conclusion that while I'm no longer a newbie, the car is. So I had fairly reasonable logic I think  :P

As soon as money allows James, the most likely first 2 things will be smoked Valenti lights and a HKS Hi-Power exhaust

Very nice Ztox, you going to just go for a catback, or also a high flow catted front pipe too?

I too am saving up for the smoke Valenti's as I love the look of them :) 

I'll just be getting the catback for now, mainly for sound at the moment (it's also considerably lighter than stock). Turbocharging is in my long term plans so I will have a decat manifold and HFC eventually.

A Blitz Advance Power induction kit and hard pipe are also fairly high on my list of priorities.

Just hoping I can get it back tomorrow as my mate is going to come out with me to take some pics if all goes to plan, it's having a full Gtechniq job done with CS black upgrade so should look pretty decent  :)

It is incredible how heavy the stock system is! I was amazed when I took it off how lumpy it felt!

Here is a cracking thread from the Ft86 forum how heavy each part of the exhaust from all different manufactures are:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42555

The Borla manifolds are so light, which is one of the reasons why I went for it, my custom mid and overpipes I weighed to be on the lighter end of the scale and I ended up going for the N1 as a combination of sound and weight..

Have a look at the thread and find out where your plans sit in terms of weight :)

One point to note, if you are definitely going turbocharged in the future, it might be wise to get a 3 inch exhaust now, as it'll save you a lot of money down the line, buying a 2.5 inch exhaust now and then having to change it further down the line to improve flow.

With induction systems, drop in filters with a proper intake hose/pipe generally perform just as well as a full intake system, as the stock airbox is so well designed, however the full intake systems do generate a lot of noise, so if you want induction roar they are the road to take :)

Sorry for the delay, the weather has been absolutely tragic! (Of course)

Apologies for the effects of 2 days rain, poor lighting and photography skills but meh, here's some shots.

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

Also, here's one Paul at Definitive Detail took after he'd finished his masterful work.

11089071_906384582716693_169793886678712

I'm waiting for him to get the rest of the ones he took over to me, which I may share also :)

Cheers for the info and the thread link James, I'll check it out  :)

When the time comes, I'll need to have a serious look into exhausts. I know the HKS one isn't 3 inch but unless I'm mistaken it's rated to 350PS which may well be as far as I'd be able to go anyway. Another big thing for me is the 2 individual (and visible from the rear) backboxes as opposed to the stock exhaust design, and these seem to be few and far between. Also, I know videos aren't the best evidence and you need to hear them IRL but it's also the best sound I've found IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdVCUKEqFLw.

Ideally, there will be a full 3 inch system that looks and sounds as similar as possible  :)  Maybe I need to hear PwrOut's one and find out where he got it if it's 3 inch.

I'm aware that I could save a lot of money by buying a drop in filter and get similar gains but again it's also a look and sound thing here too (bit of a tart). It's also a bit of forward thinking, an induction kit and hard pipe gets you better turbo sounds. The air box just muffles the sound in my experience.

There's a few of us in the Essex area.

Twin rear boxes? Have a look at Hayward & Scott. Not far from you (Basildon) and Kritstov bought mine off me, loves it..

Musketeer was threatening to organise an Essex meet soon...

Spec K

An Essex meet?! Can it wait until after Japfest?? 

As I want to get all of my goodies fitted on to my car at Fensport first :P 

But yes totally up for that when we can get a good few members free at once :) 

Just a quick post to say that I've made my first proper mod-related move by ordering my exhaust system. I'm hoping to have it next week as it's coming from across the pond and then have the majority of it fitted on the Saturday just in time for Japfest :)

Here are a few pictures of the car in it's current state, it still makes me smile every time I see it. Things I've done so far are interior lighting and number plate bulbs, new plates, de-badged the rear and I've put a few stickers on it. These pictures are probably a month or so old though and I do now have 2 yellow screws on the rear plate.

The number plate is pretty nerdy, to say the least. It still makes me chuckle and it made me smile the other day when James asked about it and was correct, first person.

IMAG0555.jpg

IMAG0551.jpg

IMAG0538.jpg

IMAG0523.jpg