ceebee450

New GT86 Owner in Waiting.

Hi All,

just a quick note to introduce myself.

My name is Chris and I am from Peterborough. I'm probably at the older end of the scale of people's ages on this forum, having just turned 60!

I ordered my orange GT86 with nav last Saturday, after taking a demo out for a two hour test drive. Both me and my Wife loved the car. The only problem is that it looks as though I will not get my hands on it until the end of April at the earliest! This will be the longest seven weeks of my life. I'm sure that it will be worth the wait. :)

Cheers,

Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris!

I can assure you that the more time you spend on the forum the longer those 7 weeks are going to be!

You'll be glad you waited though as the car is worth it :)

Welcome to the forum!

I feel your pain, I ordered mine at the start of January! The wait is finally almost over though, I should be picking mine up on the 30th  :)

hi Chris, welcome to the forum, seems a few people are experiencing long waits, they must be slowing production down a tad? Or having an influx of orders. Plenty of the older generation on here, as well as young and middle aged. Great community if i do say so myself :)

Thanks for the welcome!

The dealer I'm using is not national so I can only assume that they don't have the same access to stock as the larger outfits. I think that I've just been unlucky with how the production plan has fallen in Japan. I haven't been given a firm date for delivery yet, just an estimate.

My previous cars have been fairly boring, Insignia, X Type, etc. I'm really looking forward to having a fun car now!

Hi All,

just a quick note to introduce myself.

My name is Chris and I am from Peterborough. I'm probably at the older end of the scale of people's ages on this forum, having just turned 60!

I ordered my orange GT86 with nav last Saturday, after taking a demo out for a two hour test drive. Both me and my Wife loved the car. The only problem is that it looks as though I will not get my hands on it until the end of April at the earliest! This will be the longest seven weeks of my life. I'm sure that it will be worth the wait. :)

Cheers,

Chris

Chris - good for you!.. pity about your colour choice but hey! someone has to keep the ginga-ninja afloat.. better than yellow-peril, buit only just, in my opinion...

Just turned 60? Blurry hell - what an old fogey!  Manual or auto? Integrated zimmer frame or seat boost?

C'mon, admit it - you and the missus are just looking for a buzz, turning up at  the local Post Office to collect your pensions in style, right?

The Toyo GT86 is  a car for the testorone fuelled youngster /progesteroned dolly hairdresser-midwife... it is totally unrealistic for men (or women) of mature age and sound judgement to consider such a daily drama.

What on earth decided you on this rather than a Volvo S40? Volve's got brake-assist, you'll never bump the car in front when your left leg wavers a bit... and it warns you when you veer towards a parked car on the nearside.. a few squids more and it will reverse itself into a parking space!

C'mon! No-one over the age of 60, in their right mind, buys a GT86.. .. ask the question on this Forum - how many over 60's own a GT86?

Hrrmph. Time the young turks in this Forum threw the old fogeys out to grass.. they're way past past their sell-by date.. even the newbies...

Spec K

(the oldest UK owner of a GT86 is, I am told,  a retired female doctor aged.. 88..)

C'mon! No-one over the age of 60, in their right mind, buys a GT86.. .. ask the question on this Forum - how many over 60's own a GT86?

Spec K

I knew it!  Thanks Keith - you have confirmed that I am not in my right mind.  :wacko:

Oh, and welcome Chris.  Sorry, my memory is not what it once was..... :D

Great to hear of another local owner. I live a littler further away but work just outside Huntingdon. If you get the craving between now and when you collect, hit me up and take mine for a short drive. Won't be the same as yours (mine has a few modifications) but it will scratch the itch...

Welcome and enjoy, forum is great for advice and backup, you might get dissed once or twice like myself, but still a bit addictive for news and they don't really mean it. I think Ha! Captain G